Black Legion Army List

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Black Legion Army List

Chaos Marines Army Lists

#1 Old 02-27-10, 01:39 AM Black Legion Army List
demdaemonprince
demdaemonprince's Flag is: Canada
Black Legion Army List

hi, just wanted a little imput about what to add to my army list to eventually get it up to 1500 points

[U]HQ: [/U]DP w/mark of tzeentch, wings, warptime, and bolt of change (200 pts)

Elites: 5x Chosen w/ lclaws (2 claw), and 4x plasma gun (180)

Troops: 2x 10 man squads of CSM w/ AC w/ pf and a melta and flamer+ MoK (235)

Heavy: 5x havoks w/ ML (210)

Vindicator w/havok launcher, combi-flamer, and xtra armor (165)

so thats my army, all 1225 pts of it, feel free to rip it up!
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 02-27-10, 01:57 AM Black Legion Army List
Deux
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
Deux's Flag is: USA

For your DP, I used to run one exactly like that and it was not worth its points. I would suggest giving him wind of chaos or even doombolt. He will do much more damage especially with WT backing him up. For you chosen, I am not a fan of plasma unless they're on plague marines, they are too risky for how much they cost. I would drop the plasmas and the LCs to give the squad a bunch of meltas and a rhino, this is great for outflanking and taking down tanks fast. Or you could give them flamers and PWs to take out some troops, but this would require a few more bodies. Your troops look okay, but a few things. One, mixing weapons on CSM doesn't work very well. It is much more effective to specialize the squad and give them 2 of one weapon. I would give one squad 2 meltas and the other squad 2 flamers. Next, unless you're going for fluff, the IoK is unnecessary. CSM generally only take IoCG to help with DSing oblits. If you want more attacks, it would be more cost effective to take some zerks instead. They are much better in cc than IoK CSM. I don't know how to feel about the havoks just yet. I've always been iffy on MLs. For the vindi, always give them daemonic possession. Its only purpose is to shoot and dp helps assure that it is in fact always shooting. EA only enables it to move around and do nothing. Additionally, you are not able to take both a havoc launcher and a combi weapon, only one of them. I usually take havoc launchers on my vindis since people like to shoot them down fast and the demolisher cannon usually gets taken down. The havoc launcher is a nice fall back weapon and has always worked for me.

Hope this helps. ^_^

#3 Old 01-25-11, 01:05 AM Black Legion Army List
demdaemonprince
demdaemonprince's Flag is: Canada

thanks alot! i took a lil break from Chaos to peruse some Guard Armor, but the warp has called me back again. can't seem to get away......

i have made some changes to the list. got an extra vindi, lascannons for the Havoks, but thanks to $ issues, the best i can do for the troops is maybe get them rhino's

i have won quite a few friendly matches with basically this list and im loving it so far.

#4 Old 01-25-11, 01:37 AM Black Legion Army List
Deathscythe4722
Deathscythe4722's Flag is: USA

I'll tell you right now, Lascannons aren't worth it for Havocs. Too expensive when compared to LCs from newer codices, same with their Missiles. Your best bet is Autocannons.

Also Deux has things right. I especially want to reinforce the point that the Chosen would be best served with max meltas and a Rhino. Plasma is risky, as well as being a niche weapon what won't be useful against some lists, while Melta is always useful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists