Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Houserules and Homebrews

#1 Old 09-06-09, 05:29 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
CaptianEzekyleAbbadon
CaptianEzekyleAbbadon's Flag is: New Zealand

hey hey if any 1 wants the rules and stats for Horus if ur thinkin of making him for a luna wolves army here they r.

Pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Horus 10 5 6 5 5 6 5 10 2+

Horus (also Lupercal) was one of the twenty Space Marine Primarchs, and of them, held the title First
Primarch and Warmaster, in the fictional He was the Commander-in-Chief
of the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus Legion, the favoured son of the Emperor of Mankind, and the galaxy's
greatest traitor.

Holy Armour: Horus posseses one of the greatest suits of armour ever forged. Built on Terra and blessed by
the Emperor himself this suit of armour is a truly holy artefact. It is harder than the hull of a Land Raider
yet lighter than a feather to wear, it does not hamper movment in any way and self repairs the wearer.
This holy armour confers a 2+ reroleable armour save and a 3+ invunerable save. Also nothing can wound
Horus on less than a 3+. Any weapons that ignore invunerable saves have no effect.

Warmasters Hammer:The warmasters hammer is also expertly made and blessed by the Emperor. It
counts as a Power weapon but it ignores Invunerable saves. It also never needs more than a 3+ to wound
This has no effect against vehicles

Power fist: This works as a normal powerfist in all respects except that because of Horuses unmatched
skill (save the Emporer himself) it only confers a minus 2 to his initiative. Also Against tanks it gets an
extra dice for armour penetration.

Fearless: Horus will never fall back in battle but because of his awsome presence he does not have to
take armour saves for being outnumbered

Awsome presence: Horus counts his unit strength as 10

Son of the Emporer: Because of the uppermost respect a devotion all space marines hold for Horus they
will never fall back if Horus is taken in the army. Also if Horus dies all space marines will become frenzied
and will add plus 1 strengh and weapon skill to their profile but minus 1 toughness and balistic skill
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 09-06-09, 09:07 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
Sytus
Sytus's Flag is: Ireland

Dude, that is grossly overpowered.
The son of the emperor rule will not work because with these rules, Horus will never die.WS 10 doesn't seem right either , the primarchs were strong, but not that strong.

Dub-Hammer,Wargaming For The Emerald Isle![/B]

Clicky-click!...please.

#3 Old 09-06-09, 10:14 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
Shadow Hawk
Shadow Hawk's Flag is: United Kingdom

Way too overpowered.
How many points?
Also, the stats are even better than an Avatar. A god of war. And then you've got the 2+ re-rollable, the 3+ inv save that is immune to the effects of weapons that ignore inv saves, no less that 3+ to wound, he only needs a 3+ to wound you, no matter what your toughness is and it ignores inv + Armour saves, gets his squad (Including him I take it) to T10, so that's five WS10 S10 hits. He also has 2 different CC weapons, so how many attacks does he get from each 1? 4 from the hammer and 1 from the fist? 2 from the hammer, 3 from the fist? and so on.
It goes on.
Horus would have to be incredibly expensive 500-750pts. Maybe revise some of those rules.

#4 Old 09-06-09, 11:45 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
jakkie
jakkie's Flag is: England

Oh come on, its Horus. He can afford to be kinda overpowered - technically you shouldnt be able to kill him unless your fielding the Emperor... Although i agree that he should be in the region of 500+ points... possibly closer to 800 IMO.
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts

#5 Old 09-06-09, 11:52 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
Shadow Hawk
Shadow Hawk's Flag is: United Kingdom

Then again, A few lucky wraithlord attacks and he's dead, as the wraithlord are double strength, so inflict instant death. and if you enhance the wraithlord and fortune him, then doom Horus, charge him with banshees at the same time to take his Initiative down to 1 and war shout (I don't know if this will work, but as Horus is fearless he shouldn't be able to take the morale test and have to fight at WS1) you'll kill 800pts in 1 turn.

#6 Old 09-06-09, 12:28 PM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
Child-of-the-Emperor
Bane of Empires
Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

The best template for Primarch Rules is the Stats for Angron released in White Dwarf. Although these stats represent him as a Daemon Prince, just lower a couple of stats and there you have a rough template for base Primarch Stats. All you have to do then is work out some suitable Special Rules/Abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

#7 Old 09-07-09, 07:23 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
CaptianEzekyleAbbadon

guys dont blame me i got it of my mate

#8 Old 09-07-09, 05:11 PM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
Fallen
Fallen's Flag is: USA

why dont you just use the 'Talon of Horus' rule from abaddon (?) i mean he literally took that off the corpse of Horus

for the powerfist

#9 Old 09-08-09, 07:33 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
Frederick Destroyer

If that's Horus, let me hear how you'd make the Emperor!

I think that you'd not bring this guy unless appoc games because of his points...but then I think

Would you ever take Horus in anything other than apoc?

I'll admit he sounds kick ass, but hell, that sounds interesting and fun for apoc. I like him, just don't try and play a competitive game with him.

#10 Old 09-08-09, 08:11 AM Rules and Stats for pre heresy Horus
CaptianEzekyleAbbadon

he is quite fun in apoc i used him with my luna wolves army. he did so much damage, i mean he took out a rever titan with him for crying out loud

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews