Kholek Conversion

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting

Modelling and Painting Discuss or display anything and everything regarding Terrain, Modelling and Painting here.

Kholek Conversion

Modelling and Painting

#1 Old 03-05-09, 11:45 PM Kholek Conversion
The Suneater
The Suneater's Flag is: Afghanistan
Default Kholek Conversion

I was considering a Kholek conversion, with the help of a fellow herasy member, he gave me the idea to use a top of a Mordor troll, for the armor, what should the bottom be?
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 03-06-09, 09:03 AM Kholek Conversion
humakt
Where is Jessica Hyde?
humakt's Flag is: England

I'm not sure who Kholek is, but I'm assuming he is a WHF fanatasy character. Is he a dragon ogre?

#3 Old 03-06-09, 10:30 AM Kholek Conversion
wombat_tree
wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

Sorry Suneater but alot of us dont know who/what Khollek is could you please elaborate and then we might be able to help you.

#4 Old 03-06-09, 10:38 AM Kholek Conversion
Critta
Critta's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dude - check the Painting chaos in 8 weeks thread in my sig First few posts are some WIP pics of my Kholek conversion.

Just for the record, I used a carnosaur for the lower body, you can buy them seperately from GW mail order as well.

Also on the bitz list for me was the two weapons from an Ogre Tyrant, cut up and stuck together to make the hammer. Other than that I've just got a load of sculpting to do still - I really should get my camera out and get that thread updated with some of my more recent progress!

Last edited by Critta; 03-06-09 at 10:43 AM.

#5 Old 03-06-09, 10:46 AM Kholek Conversion
humakt
Where is Jessica Hyde?
humakt's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critta View Post
Dude - check the Painting chaos in 8 weeks thread in my sig First few posts are some WIP pics of my Kholek conversion.

Just for the record, I used a carnosaur for the lower body, you can buy them seperately from GW mail order as well.

Also on the bitz list for me was the two weapons from an Ogre Tyrant, cut up and stuck together to make the hammer. Other than that I've just got a load of sculpting to do still - I really should get my camera out and get that thread updated with some of my more recent progress!
I'm going to hunt you down at the Great devourer and have at look at this army.

So he is a dragon ogre then.

#6 Old 03-06-09, 10:49 AM Kholek Conversion
your master

He is that chaos charater Khloek suneater he is a fully armoured dragon ogre shaggoth with a shooting attack which is strength 6 he ispretty awesome. if im right about the character a mordor trolls features will be to small he is a massive monster the fluff says he is taller than city walls. its probaly best to buy the shaggoth model and then model the armour some how green stuff or card it will be hard though

#7 Old 03-06-09, 11:10 AM Kholek Conversion
Critta

Dude - check the link in my sig. The normal shaggoth model isn't as big as a city wall, so using that still doesn't really keep it to the fluff.

If you'd checked the link in my sig as I said in my last post, you'd see that a carnosaur & mordor troll comes out just a little bit bigger than a normal shaggoth, I decided that was probably best that going silly and making a model which was the size of a medium sized piece of terrain

Whatever option you take, there'll probably still be a load of conversion work to do to add armour and this will be horribly time consuming!

#8 Old 03-06-09, 12:30 PM Kholek Conversion
Infael
Infael's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post

It's very seckseh, trust me!

Hunt me down as well dude, I want to see if you are more exciting than a dead frog!

#9 Old 03-06-09, 12:55 PM Kholek Conversion
Critta

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post

Yeah, pretty much he's the biggest of the Shaggoths still alive and active according to the fluff.

I'll look forward to saying hello at the Great Devourer, although I'm not sure what the quality of painting on my army is going to be, as it's been somewhat of a rush job

#10 Old 03-06-09, 01:01 PM Kholek Conversion
The Son of Horus
The Hebrew Hammer
The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I'd start with the Shaggoth model, I think. Rather than actually do any heavy cutting on the thing, I'd just sculpt the armor with green stuff-- it's a big enough model that making some slabs of green stuff shouldn't be too difficult. I'd take the greataxe's axe bit off, and replace it with...something more mace-like. After perusing the last complete catalog of bitz GW put out that was worth a damn, I can't for the life of me find anything worthwhile though. If you can scare up a Chaos Dreadnought hammer arm, the hammer might do the trick, though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Modelling and Painting