Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Haskanael's stormcasts - Meteoric knights

17K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Haskanael 
#1 ·
so yeah, here is the start of my own stormhost, the Meteoric Knights.

not much background fluff. but once I learn more about the Stormcast eternals and the stormhosts I might start on that as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
from what I understand thus far the humans of the old world are scattered in lose tribes/communities for as far as they are still alive.
the stormcast eternals are basicly "worthy" humans who Sigmar has wisked away from the battlefield since his godhood started up to the endtime. to reforge them into the stormcasts. a bit of a mix of space marines and the fallen from valhalla in norse mythology.

TL;DR I don't honestly know. but personaly I don't think they are.

#4 ·
They look very noble and bright, how appropriate for the new age!

#5 ·
I'm liking the look of those!

#7 ·
#9 ·
that is actualy a pretty neat Idea. I will look into them. and see what I like. thanks for the idea :victory:

Digging it. The only thing I might suggest it trying to 'aim' a bit more with the washes. They can add detail or obscure it by pooling just as easily. An example I see of pooling is on the leftmost Eternal's shield along the top. The black looks off around the details.

Keep up the good work though, I may just be unresearched on the topic but you have a unique look going on here :drinks:
yeah its horrid isnt it? the truth is. I have been to lazy to correct it thus far :unsure:

#8 ·
Digging it. The only thing I might suggest it trying to 'aim' a bit more with the washes. They can add detail or obscure it by pooling just as easily. An example I see of pooling is on the leftmost Eternal's shield along the top. The black looks off around the details.

Keep up the good work though, I may just be unresearched on the topic but you have a unique look going on here :drinks:

#14 ·
Looking really sweet so far mate, keep it up! I am looking forward to seeing a maniple of these guys arrayed like the legionnaires!

#17 ·
long time no see!
my Lord celestant has a shield now!

why? because it is a new rule option and he gets targetted. A LOT.

and my stormhost thus far.

it consists out of
Lord Celestant on Dracoth
Lord Relictor
10 Liberators
10 Liberators
6 Retributor Paladins
3 Prosecutors
3 Prosecutors
5 Judicators

after this weekend I will possibly add 3 Dracothian Guard.

#20 ·
the kit is really good, all weapons options are pressent, and easy to assemble as well.
what was most exciting for me was to find out that the Dracothian guard/Lord celestant bits are perfectly compatible with the Lord celestant from the starter set. as you can see with the Dracothian guard in the middle.
I replaced the shoulder guard, the head and the weapon arm from the Lord Celestant of the starter kit with those from the Dracothian guard kit and added a shield. making sure that you can use multiple ones of those in your force and still have unique models.

#22 ·
so here a little list of my current standing army:
Generals and heroes.
1 Lord Celestant on Dracoth
1 Lord Celestant
1 Lord Relictor
1 Knight Vexillor
Elite units
3 Concussors
6 Retributors
5 Retributors
Core units
10 Liberators
10 Liberators
10 Judicators
Flying units
5 Prosecutors
pictures will follow later this evening.
and as of Today the local Age of Sigmar campaign started, should be fun.

#27 ·
How posable are the wings on that kit? The default pose from GW is crap in my, and many others, opinion, so i'm curious if they can be rotated into a better looking pose or if they are locked in pieces.

LotN

#30 · (Edited)

current campaign map, the red with silver pins in the north are mine, and the one black pin at braz harbor. working diplomacy with the dwarf player to my eastern borders.
I also found out I can make Drakesworn templars on Stardrake in the mountains and I dont have to train and upgrade them like hero's due to the monster tag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.