Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Naming the new CSM codex

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Mossy Toes 
#1 ·
With the new Chaos Space Marines codex rumored to be coming soon, I've been wondering what they will call it. I know "Chaos Space Marines" is not copyrightable so I expect it will be getting a new "High Gothic" name.

Please post your predictions and have fun with it. Here are mine:

Khaos Astartes
Chaus Astartes
Adeptus Astartes Damnus
Legio Emortus: Astartes Damnus
Bloody blood of the blood blood

Whatever it is, it's sure to be rediculous. ;)

#4 · (Edited)
Yes you're right, "Chaos Space Marines" will most likely still be in the title. I believe they will add something addional, to bring it in line with the "Adeptus Astartes" in "Codex Adeptus Astartes: Space Marines" and Codex Adeptus Astartes: Blood Angels"

My serious guess would be

Codex (butchered latin for lost and the damned, or maybe a reference to fallen legions as they still operate as the legions of old): Chaos Space Marines

This would make it easy to follow the pattern with Codex _____: Iron Warriors and the like.

#5 ·
Adeptus Infernus?
Astartes Infernus?
Adeptus astartes ex infernus?

#6 ·
Codex: Very Naughty Boys.

#10 ·
Do the Dark Eldar call themselves the Dark Eldar?

Do the Eldar call themselves Craftworld Eldar?

I'm pretty sure it's an arbitrary outsider point of view.

@Haskanael - Why would it be a dataslate? EVERY CSM legion was originally a traitor legion. It'd be a great way to differentiate if you wanted something a little bit more interesting than just 'Chaos Space Marines'.

#15 ·
They're referred to as "Traitor Astartes" in some older GW books, before GW started enforcing the "call everything Space Marines not Adeptus Astartes" policy--which, well, they've since reversed in favor of copyrightability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.