Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?

General 40k

#1 Old 07-20-13, 12:24 AM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
AledM
AledM's Flag is: Wales
Default Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?

What are your thoughts on this supplement, from gaming rules, to the fluff behind the army.....

How will the new signature systems, commanders and other special rules be used?

Is it as competitive as the original Tau codex? More competitive?

Will the crisis suit troops be an effective army list or just a fluffy perk to the army?

Discuss!
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 07-20-13, 07:43 AM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
kickboxerdog
kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

can you point me in the direction of a list the new rules, i personally wont get it until it released into a hard copy

#3 Old 07-20-13, 09:51 AM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
Khorne's Fist
Dazed and confused.
Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Considering it's only become available today I don't think there's many of us looked at it yet. Maybe you could tell us a little of what's in it for those that prefer to wait for the hard copy?

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001

#4 Old 07-20-13, 11:32 AM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Farsight Enclave ? Tau Supplement | 3++ is the New Black

Blah, blah, Crisis Suits, blah, shitty wargear, shitty Warlord Traits. The Preferred Enemy wargear is kind of cool, I guess, 4+ to Preferred Enemy: Space Marines is nice in this MEQ saturated game, and 5+ to Preferred Enemy Imperial Guard is nice as the most popular Allies choice so far. Costing as much as a Land Speeder is way too steep though. Lack of PENchip sucks hugely, but the Earth Caste Pilot Array is wtfomg amazing for anyone wanting the whole Battlesuit army thing - making one Riptide go ubercharged is pretty amazing.

But they at least explained why Farsight's over three centuries old, and he's got a vampiric sword. That alone makes him ten times as badass.

Midnight
The FAQs on the other hand are very much 'soft' material. They deal with more of a grey area, where often there is no right and wrong answer - in a way, they are our own 'Studio House Rules'. They are, of course, useful when you play a pick-up game against someone you don't know, or at tournaments (i.e. when you don't have a set of common 'house rules' with the other player). However, if you disagree with some answers and prefer to change them in your games and make your own house rules with your friends, that's fine. In fact we encourage you to shape the game around your needs and your taste. We firmly believe that wargaming is about two (or more!) people creating a gaming experience they are both going to enjoy. - Games Workshop

Learn this shit.

Last edited by MidnightSun; 07-20-13 at 11:36 AM.

#5 Old 07-20-13, 11:50 AM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
Barnster
Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just looking at those rules and the Iyandan rules I've seen I'm begining to question why you would bother with these supplement.

The codex for both eldar and Tau allow to take armies that fit the fluff anyway.

None of the rules or traits on that site would make me consider them as good enough to swap out from my regular tau list, lead by farsight. The named bodyguards have crazy wargear with virtually no synergy.

Moving suits is the only advantage, but with mech-tau their not essential

#6 Old 07-20-13, 05:34 PM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
Xabre
Xabre's Flag is: USA

Based on these rulse, as best as I can figure out... you DONT need Farsight, right?

#7 Old 07-20-13, 09:49 PM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
Khorne's Fist
Dazed and confused.
Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Not hugely impressed as far as I can see. Fire warriors are too good to cast aside for battle suit troops when you can already take three teams and Farsight's bodyguard. Taking his custom bodyguard including the riptide would be nice, but very, very expensive. Loosing the Command and Control node is a bitch as well. The only real positive I see is the earth caste pilot array.

I'm thinking take a Farsight force from the Tau codex, with allied battle suits and riptide from the supplement.

#8 Old 07-20-13, 11:05 PM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
ntaw
ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I'm thinking take a Farsight force from the Tau codex, with allied battle suits and riptide from the supplement.
Can you ally in from supplements? That would imply that they are a separate codex from the one they supplement as the rules for allies state that the allied detachment must come from a different codex.

My BA Project Log
My DW Project Log
My IF Project Log

#9 Old 07-21-13, 01:12 AM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
AledM
AledM's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Can you ally in from supplements? That would imply that they are a separate codex from the one they supplement as the rules for allies state that the allied detachment must come from a different codex.
It specifically mentions in the Farsight supplement that they can ally with eachother as battle brothers .

Ad for the specific commanders I dont see why you cant take them as long as you have a pseudo hq for them to be a "bodyguard to".

I was considering taking a crisis team, fire warrior squad and a cadre fireblade from the farsight list to act as alllies and unlock ovesa....Then I can attach her to something as a damage soaker..... We shall have to see how people approach this supplement but sadly I am overall pretty disappointed...

#10 Old 07-21-13, 01:37 AM Thoughts on the Farisght Enclave Supplement?
Xabre
Xabre's Flag is: USA

Actually, doesn't it say that the Command Squad has to take exactly seven of the eight? I don't have it in front of me right now.

I already designed (in the tau forums) a disgusting (imho) list involving 2 squads of Crisis Troops, 4 Riptides, and some assorted other stuff.

Edit: I lied. UP TO 7 of the eight.

Last edited by Xabre; 07-21-13 at 03:37 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k