drop pods and interceptor

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

drop pods and interceptor

40k Rules Discussion

#1 Old 06-30-13, 06:35 PM drop pods and interceptor
kickboxerdog
kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Default drop pods and interceptor

so something come up in a game i couldn't find an answer to as the interceptor shot is done at the end of an enemy's movement phase, and the unit from inside a drop pod is on the table , can i shoot at the unit? all i can find in the brb is that i can shoot a unit that has arrived via reserves this turn , as they have i can shoot them, but im not sure if this is right?

any thoughts or clarification on this.
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 06-30-13, 07:13 PM drop pods and interceptor
Archon Dan
Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Yes. You can shoot the unit that came from the Drop Pod. As you said, it arrived from Reserves too. It is in the FAQ somewhere too. Depending on the weapon with Interceptor, shooting at the disembarked unit is often better than shooting the Drop Pod.

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

#3 Old 06-30-13, 09:39 PM drop pods and interceptor
ntaw
ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Unless there's a missile launcher in the drop pod you may as well ignore it. I would say shooting at the squad that has also arrived from reserve is the better option as well.

I have recently gotten a lot pickier as to when I use the Interceptor rule and when I don't. Sometimes it's worth it to put that gun on a better target that might not be flying or arriving from reserves in your following shooting phase. If only we could just shoot both times every time...

My BA Project Log
My DW Project Log
My IF Project Log

#4 Old 06-30-13, 10:15 PM drop pods and interceptor
Magpie_Oz
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

The Grey Knight FAQ helps clarify this one

Q: Does a squad disembarking from a Drop Pod, or Mycetic Spore,
count as arriving from reserve for Inquisitor Coteaz’s I’ve Been
Expecting You special rule? (p45)
A: Yes, this means that Inquisitor Coteaz and his unit will be
able to fire once at each unit.

So although Coteaz' Special Rule is not Interceptor it does clarify the status of a unit disembarking a drop pod. I'd also suggest that Coteaz gets to fire on the Drop Pod before the unit disembarks.

As for firing twice .... well if Coteaz' unit is on a Quad gun they can fire at the Drop Pod, the squad when it gets out and then AGAIN at the end of the phase !

I'm sure that is a loop hole that will be closed.

#5 Old 06-30-13, 11:43 PM drop pods and interceptor
Fallen
Fallen's Flag is: USA

we have always played it so we can shoot the guys inside, it makes the most sense.

#6 Old 07-01-13, 06:07 AM drop pods and interceptor
Archon Dan
Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Well. You aren't shooting at the guys inside the Drop Pod. They have disembarked by the time you get to fire.

That getting 3 shots is messed up Magpie. Hopefully Coteaz will be amended to just give the Interceptor rule to his unit.

#7 Old 07-02-13, 01:08 PM drop pods and interceptor
kickboxerdog

alos another question is the shot limited to shots that are non template , or can things like plasma cannons, and that fire i ask because both my riptides have ion accelerators and interceptor and skyfire

#8 Old 07-02-13, 01:12 PM drop pods and interceptor
Magpie_Oz
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
That getting 3 shots is messed up Magpie. Hopefully Coteaz will be amended to just give the Interceptor rule to his unit.
For the love of God leave us SOME cheese !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboxerdog View Post
alos another question is the shot limited to shots that are non template , or can things like plasma cannons, and that fire i ask because both my riptides have ion accelerators and interceptor and skyfire
Shots fired by Interceptor are just normal shooting attacks so any weapon can be fired.

I am fairly confident that only 1 weapon can be fired however as most rules that allow 2 weapons to be fired do stipulate the shooting phase.

#9 Old 07-02-13, 01:28 PM drop pods and interceptor
kickboxerdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post

Shots fired by Interceptor are just normal shooting attacks so any weapon can be fired.

I am fairly confident that only 1 weapon can be fired however as most rules that allow 2 weapons to be fired do stipulate the shooting phase.
ok cool cool i would tend to only fire the str 8 ap2 large blast , should take out most things coming out a drop pod lol

#10 Old 07-02-13, 02:14 PM drop pods and interceptor
ntaw
ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboxerdog View Post
ok cool cool i would tend to only fire the str 8 ap2 large blast , should take out most things coming out a drop pod lol
That it should. The limits of blast templates you're thinking of comes from when firing at fliers. Then you can't use any template or beam weapon. Since the drop pod and squad inside don't have that restriction and neither does Interceptor, you're golden in this scenario. Just don't go blowing any zooming fliers out of the sky with that S8 AP2 blast and you're fine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion