500pt balanced necron list

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Necron Army Lists

500pt balanced necron list

Necron Army Lists

#1 Old 04-30-12, 02:47 AM 500pt balanced necron list
Arcticor

Default 500pt balanced necron list

Hey everyone. Soon I'm going to do a series of 500pt games with a friend to improve my (lacking) tactics. He will bring Orks, IG, Tau and Eldar. I am going to bring Necrons and Blood Angels. This is what I am thinking for a balanced necron list.

Overlord + rez orb + mss + warscythe 135
10 warriors 130
2 Heavy Destroyers (one big unit, or two1-man units?) 180
5 warriors 65
Night Scythe 100
Destrotek + solar pulse 55 (with warriors in scythe)
Total: 605

My plan for this is to have the ovie sit on an objective and shoot stuff that comes near it, and if need be wade into combat with MSS and warscythe. The two heavy destros will stay far back and try to pry open enemy armor or instakill nobs. The 5 warriors, cryptek and nightscythe are going into reserve. My hope is they come in fairly late in the game and turbo boost 36in to contest an objective. My only problem is I am a whopping 105 points over the limit. So..... gotta fix that. Any suggestions?
-Arcticor

Click here to learn about how you can stop supporting sweatshops. Please help me get this viral by posting it on Facebook, twitter, etc.
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 04-30-12, 03:38 AM 500pt balanced necron list
Lord Azune

Hey Arcticor, I don't mean to sound nitpicky but you do realize that when you say 500 points, one expects it to be... 500 points. Apart from that, it's not a bad list, I'd probably go with a heavy gauss Triarch instead of the destroyers though.
Minor Wins: 0/0
Minor Losses: 1/0
Losses: 4/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Tzeentch runs GW.

#3 Old 04-30-12, 11:55 AM 500pt balanced necron list
Arcticor

Yeah :/ sorry about that. When I was posting this my math said it was 500, I typed it all up and double checked, and it was really 605. But I thought I might as well post it to see if people have ideas. Im thinking drop the cryptek, swap the destros out for a stalker like you said, lose the mss and maybe drop a few warriors. So like this:

Overlord with warscythe 100
5 warriors 65
gauss triarch stalker 165
5 warriors 65
night scythe 100

500 exactly. Any other thoughts?

Last edited by Arcticor; 04-30-12 at 12:06 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Necron Army Lists