Zombie Apocalypse - Page 2

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k > Custom 40k Scenarios

Zombie Apocalypse

Custom 40k Scenarios

#11 Old 03-17-12, 05:10 AM Zombie Apocalypse
Samules
Samules's Flag is: USA

What you want for a truly strategic game is multiple different objectives with different benefits for completion along with PvP benefits. You want people to wrack their brains thinking, ok I can send three guys after each chaos sorcerer with a sniper and two lasrifles in each group and that would leave me with 5 more to raid bob's supplies, but then what if ted swings around to raid me? What you don't want is WOOOO! DAKKADAKKADAKKA!

Things that would help are a restrictive time limit with a VP system as well as some simultaneous action declaration system. (so players can't figure out what everyone else is doing and react immediately) Perhaps dividing your force into 3-6 fireteams and writing out general orders on a flashcard before each turn. (ex. fireteam one, hold position, fireteam two, move northwest and fire at nearby zombies, fireteam three move south and charge bob's camp) With the actual specifics of exactly how far to move, which enemies to shoot determined as you go.
Sponsored Links

#12 Old 03-17-12, 05:24 AM Zombie Apocalypse
Lord Azune

Boz, I'm now feeling a Daemon army. Tzeentch Style. Herald of Tzeentch with boon of mutation (at the very least, you should set a point limit or we can go way overboard), 2 Flamers, and 5 pink horrors.
Minor Wins: 0/0
Minor Losses: 1/0
Losses: 4/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Tzeentch runs GW.

#13 Old 03-17-12, 12:32 PM Zombie Apocalypse
Silens
Silens's Flag is: Wales

You could borrow the 'Random Movement' rule from warhammer fantasy, unless there's already a similar rule in 40K. I also have a rule for you.

BRAINS!

The zombies have the insatiable lust for your brains, and will put themselves in any line of fire just to get some; they run at you with their all as fast as they can with their rotting limbs. If a zombie unit has line of sight to an enemy unit within ^18 inches, they will lose the random movement and slow and purposeful rules. Instead, the zombie unit must move directly towards the enemy unit. The zombie unit may not run during this turn [Note: This is so the zombie player can't run the unit in an attempt to make it fairer for the opponent, thus not being able to assault. I don't think they should have fleet of foot as zombies at their best aren't going to be that fast.] and must assault during the assault phase if possible. If more than one enemy unit is within eighteen inches of this unit, the zombie unit will move towards the closest of the two. If players cannot decide which is closest, randomly determine a unit.

^If Night Fighting is in effect, the zombie player must roll 2D6*3 (To a maximum of 18) for each zombie unit. This range then replaces the 18 inch range.

E.G. Roll 2D6, Get 1 and 4, 1 + 4 = 5, 5 * 3 = 15, Replace "If a zombie If a zombie unit has line of sight to an enemy unit within 18 inches" with "If a zombie unit has line of sight to an enemy unit within 15 inches"

#14 Old 03-17-12, 03:45 PM Zombie Apocalypse
BozlyLittle
BozlyLittle's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silens View Post
I also have a rule for you.
I like it i might... I'll think about it. But I'd have to reduce it to 12 inches.

#15 Old 03-17-12, 03:47 PM Zombie Apocalypse
BozlyLittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Azune View Post
Boz, I'm now feeling a Daemon army. Tzeentch Style. Herald of Tzeentch with boon of mutation (at the very least, you should set a point limit or we can go way overboard), 2 Flamers, and 5 pink horrors.
I said in an earlier post I'm going to ban daemons and tyranids. Because of how inaffective they would be in this game type on the nids side and things like that on tzeench side.

I said i don't want a tzeench player walking in there saying "Do spells cause noise" or a khorne or whatever player saying "Well i don't have a bike i have a mount" or "I have a sword so I'm going to go smash face and take the ammo supply so nobody else can have it!"

So i will be dropping those armies. (nids and daemons)

#16 Old 03-17-12, 03:50 PM Zombie Apocalypse
Silens

I suppose it depends how big the board is and how dense the zombies are.. But I think 12 inches is too far away. At 18 inches, they move 12 inches towards you and you've got the opportunity to shoot them.

#17 Old 03-17-12, 03:52 PM Zombie Apocalypse
BozlyLittle

Quote:
I suppose it depends how big the board is and how dense the zombies are.. But I think 12 inches is too far away. At 18 inches, they move 12 inches towards you and you've got the opportunity to shoot them.
Oh i was thinking they'd move normal speed 6 inches but i see your point ya that'd work

#18 Old 03-17-12, 03:56 PM Zombie Apocalypse
Silens

I said 12 inches is too far away.. I meant twelve inches is too close. If they're 18 inches away, they move six inches, next turn, move six inches, assault the last six inches. Gives opportunity to run away or fire at them.

Last edited by Silens; 03-17-12 at 04:05 PM.

#19 Old 03-17-12, 04:21 PM Zombie Apocalypse
BozlyLittle

Quote:
I said 12 inches is too far away.. I meant twelve inches is too close. If they're 18 inches away, they move six inches, next turn, move six inches, assault the last six inches. Gives opportunity to run away or fire at them.
oh ok well that'd work.

#20 Old 03-17-12, 10:15 PM Zombie Apocalypse
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Zombies, meet Cleansing Flame.

Midnight

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k > Custom 40k Scenarios