Painting Challenge: HQ/Lords and Heroes!
Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the March Painting Challenge!
- A category is decided upon before each monthly painting challenge, this months' being HQ choices for Warhammer 40k or Lords and Heroes choices for Warhammer Fantasy. LotR, Specialist Games and Non-GW Games models are allowed, but please send me a PM or post here if you want to use one of these so I can judge whether it will be an eligible entry or not.
- To enter the painting challenge, the miniature/s you are painting must not be painted before starting and picture proof must be shown of the miniature/s 'pre-painted' (unprimed, undercoated or if you are repainting and old miniature - in its' original paint scheme) otherwise your entry will not be eligible.
- You may join the painting challenge in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT of March 31st, 2012. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
- Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the challenge. The challenge winner will be decided in a seperate voting thread by the Heresy Online community where each member will be able to choose their favourite 3 entries (the voting process will be explained further in the voting thread when it is posted). Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. There is no prize available for the winners of this challenge, the challenge is solely for community participation and as an incentive for people to reduce their backlog and improve their painting skills. However there will be a thread posted each month announcing successful participants and another thread detailing all past winners of the challenge.
- Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting challenge, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.
This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge run by humakt but a separate Monthly Challenge run by myself. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this challenge).
Good luck to all participants!
PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the challenge itself throughout the course of the next month, please let me know as we will take into account any feedback due to this being the first official monthly painting challenge here.