Dawn of War: Soulstorm Mods?

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Dawn of War: Soulstorm Mods?

Video Games & Software

#1 Old 02-29-12, 04:47 AM Dawn of War: Soulstorm Mods?
chaos_warrior_marine
chaos_warrior_marine's Flag is: Finland
Default Dawn of War: Soulstorm Mods?

Hi again ppl.
I decided to download a mod to DoW: Soulstorm, called titanium wars. I've bought soulstorm via steam, and now I really don't know in what folder I have to put the files. There was no installer included in the mod, so I'll just have to place the files to a correct folder. I have downloaded many mods in different games before, mainly to Oblivion. Lil' help here guys? Thanks.

#2 Old 02-29-12, 07:53 AM Dawn of War: Soulstorm Mods?
Doelago
I am Alpharius.
Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Never modded Soulstorm personally, but the below instructions are from the mod page on the "Relicnews" forum.

Quote:
NB! If you have used a previous version of TWM, then completely uninstall it before installing the new version.

Installation instructions.
==========================

Simply extract Mod files from archive to your DoW: SS directory with keeping of the directory structure. If you see in your DoW: SS root directory one new directory named as Titanium_Wars_Mod_SS and one new file TitaniumWars_SS.module it means that installation was correct. Titanium Wars Mod ready to launch from Game Manager in DoW: SS. For more comfort Mod launching, create copy of DoW shortcut, open shortcut property and edit run string. Add parameter -modname TitaniumWars_SS. Example of correct run string:

"D:GamesDawn of War SoulstormSoulstorm.exe" -forcehighpoly -nomovies -modname TitaniumWars_SS

Don't forget about new native shortcut icon titanium.ico. ;-) It located in Mod directory. Launch Mod from new shortcut and enjoy! Old shortcut for classic DoW: SS must be edited with adding parameter -modname Dxp2 for correct launching of classic DoW game. Example:

"D:GamesDawn of War SoulstormSoulstorm.exe" -forcehighpoly -nomovies -modname Dxp2

If you want to play campaign you can copy Movies directory from DXP2 directory to Titanium_Wars_Mod_SS directory for seeing intro-movies.

If you've used an old version of the Mod before, delete the directory "titaniumwars_ss" from the Profiles directory in your game profile (Profile1 usually) BEFORE installing the new version. It is necessary for proper installation of hot keys and delete old saves. Using old saves with new version of the Mod is not recommended.
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?265263
[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

#3 Old 03-01-12, 04:56 AM Dawn of War: Soulstorm Mods?
chaos_warrior_marine
chaos_warrior_marine's Flag is: Finland

Thanks, got it all working.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software