Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

Roleplay Threads

#1 Old 02-14-12, 07:02 AM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Otis The Barbarian
Otis The Barbarian's Flag is: Australia

"Welcome, fine men of the Imperium. I have called you here today in the name of the Emperor, to fight in his noble battles.

Who shall join me, in His righteous purge?! Come forth and join our ranks now, or remain forever knowing that you could have joined us, in the quest for glory and freedom! With me men! FOR THE EMPEROR!!" The colonel cries this last sentence with a light in his eyes that could shine through to the far reaches of the galaxy, and illuminate the stars.

On a side note, welcome to the first topic I have started on heresy online. I will be doing some roleplay with this powerful force of Scandinavian-themed guardsmen, but first I need to do some recruiting. So, without further ado, here we have the troop roster:

Just keep in mind that places are quite limited, so take what you can get is my advice.
Command Squad Tyr:
Colonel: Me, Otis The Barbarian as Thorgrim T. Fied.
Standard Bearer: Maximilian Loken Hellborne
Special weapon: Theryk D. Winterholm
Medic: Starrkad The Epic Drunk.
Vox Operator: Svengal A. Zoren
Techpriest/EngineSeer: (not taken, get it while you can.)

Command Chimera Skadi:

Driver: (not taken, get it while you can.)
Gunner: (not taken, get it while you can.)
Commander: (not taken, get it while you can.)

TAKE 'EM!! YOU PEOPLE BLIND?!

To explain the squad names,
Tyr is the Viking god of war, and Skadi is the god of the hunt, and also the god of death. Names like Thor and Odin are reserved for T-T-T-TITANS!!!.

Also, I believe this is the closest I can get to theme music: (ignore the lyrics) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fu2bgwcv43o

Alright, so to do this we should make profiles like so:

Thorgrim T. Fied (Otis the barbarian)
Description/Bio: A tough, hardy man, Colonel Fied is the sole reason the Varangian 13th are never quite prepared to die. Trained as a Commissar, he decided that shooting men for cowardice was too depressing, and now leads a merry band of constantly drunk warriors of the Imperium. He once met Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt, and famously beat him in a game of chess using only four moves.
Armament: A plasma pistol, (usually holstered,) two chainswords, (worn crossed on his back,) and a ridiculously oversized Astartes-Pattern power axe, which he wields two-handed to great effect.
Appearance: Standing at about 7 feet tall, this Nordic goliath has always used his height to his advantage in matters such as issuing orders (the 13th never take well to being told what to do,) and wears his bright blond hair about 50cm longer than imperial regulation. That is to say, his hair is 55cm long. His piercing blue eyes are described as luminous more than anything else. They have a jolly twinkle to them, and speak of many years spent drinking on the job.

Alright? and listen to the theme music while you write, if possible.

Last edited by Otis The Barbarian; 03-30-12 at 09:54 AM.
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 02-14-12, 03:05 PM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Karak The Unfaithful
Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

Can I reserve the gunner for chimera?

pretty please?
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )

#3 Old 02-14-12, 03:16 PM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Rhino 88
Rhino 88's Flag is: England

Medic please?

And can you forward to me exactly what you need me to do? im not usually in Oz that often>>?!

P.s the tune is kick ass !

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Just remember, patience is key to painting, in chef terms you're slow roasting a pork belly not flash frying baby squid. .
"An Earth without art is just EH.."

Last edited by Rhino 88; 02-14-12 at 03:19 PM.

#4 Old 02-14-12, 09:40 PM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Santaire
Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm sorry about this.

What on earth? The rp idea is sound, but I have to say this. Since when are guardsmen 7 feet tall and can carry 2 chainswords as well as a massively sized power axe and a plasma pistol. Seriously, you might as well have a space marine commanding the regiment. Also I am pretty sure it is impossible to win chess in 4 moves but that doesn't matter. The fact that he won won't be famous anyway or at most it would only famous in the regiment. Also a commisar can't be an infantry commander without having a rank like Gaunt's and that is very rare.

Rant over

#5 Old 02-14-12, 11:01 PM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Jackinator
Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sorry bro, but it is possible to win chess in four moves, although not against a player with any ability at the game, which Gaunt probably would have. As to the rest of it, a little far-fetched, but there's nothing saying that they can't be 7ft tall, Bragg was probably that tall. Although he does seem a little overloaded with equipment. Also, in terms of having once been a Commissar and now being a Colonel, he can do that, Gaunt was offered that himself, to be raised to General I believe? but in so doing giving up the additional powers granted by Commissar rank.

The rest of it seems sound, prehaps a little more detail, welcome to Heresy mate, interesting that you've decided to go straight into GM'ing an RP, I'm currently engaged in far too many, on this and other sites, to join but good luck. I may very well watch from afar.

#6 Old 02-15-12, 07:35 AM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Santaire
Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ah forgot about that. Sorry if I made any other mistakes

#7 Old 02-16-12, 02:51 AM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Thebluemage2

Therick D. Winterholm. Rank:Special Weapon user.

Description/Bio: Therick is known for his heavy Drinking, Love of war,Devotion to his Brothers-in-arms and pure and utter hatred for Orks.
Therick comes from a long line of warriors, His family counts in it several famous heros, and Therick is determined to not be a exception. He feels honored to serve under Thorgrim and is quite gratful that he allows them to drink all they want! His Hatred for orks stems from the fact that they killed both his Brother and Father in battle a week before he joined the regiment.

Armament:He Keeps a Varangian-pattern Flamer with him at all times as a primary weapon to take out large groups of the Emperors foes at once, or simply to roast a hog. For close-combat, Therick uses a Chain-Knife coverd in tally marks, each mark representing the number of xenos he has killed in close-combat.

Appearance:Standing at around 6'3, Therick is slightly shorter then most people in the regiment. He has long bangs that are kept out of his eyes by a bandana adorned with ork teeth and keeps his long,blond hair tied in a short pony-tail,using a grot skull to keep it in place. He also has a long scar running down his face that was the result a heritic's sword. He has Ice-blue eyes,something of a trade-mark in his family,and is always seen with a lit cigar in his mouth.

Last edited by Thebluemage2; 02-24-12 at 11:39 PM.

#8 Old 02-18-12, 01:09 AM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Otis The Barbarian

Therick, I like. Everyone else, do it like he did or no spot fot you. By the way, the average imperial citizen is about 5"8, so maybe make him more like 6"3 or something. Just because vikings are generally very tall. 6"5 should be about normal for the regiment, and in case anyone has a problem with the ridiculous armament and height of Thorgrim, he isn't space marine height. MEQs are generally about 8"5, so stop whining. No offense. And yes, he beat Gaunt in four moves in a chess game. This is to stop people from referencing the classic "barbarian" stereotype. But they are vikings, so they are still strong. Intellectuals CAN be giant and ridiculously strong. Trust me, I'm 6" tall and play D&D. So to put this simply, clashing aesthetics is fun.

EDIT: that wasn't whining. There is a little bit coming up, but it's fair whining. The good kimd of whining.

Last edited by Otis The Barbarian; 02-20-12 at 06:37 AM.

#9 Old 02-18-12, 01:39 AM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Thebluemage2

Thanks, for the feedback!
There, fixed it.

Can't wait to see what other characters people come up with!

#10 Old 02-18-12, 02:31 AM Varangian 3rd -NOW RECRUITING!-
Otis The Barbarian

Indeed,

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads