Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)

Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

Roleplay Threads

#1 Old 02-01-12, 07:31 AM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
DasOmen
DasOmen's Flag is: USA

Luminos, known as the lost forgeworld of the lantern marines is a swarming and writhing wreck of it's former self. the tropical and highly volcanic forge world was lost in the tyranid invasion of their home sub sector. what many would consider Luminos' rings to be nothing more than a natural belt of asteroids, closer inspection would reveal the corpses of dozens of star ships turning the rings of Luminos into one large scrap yard. while the tyranids no longer control Luminos, the memory of their control still scars the mind of the lantern marines, as it was only with the total abandonment of the codex that they were able to drive the tyranids from the planet. ever since, Luminos has acted as a proving ground for Veteran hopefuls who would wish to prove themselves worthy of the title veteran. the trials sound simple enough, go down to the planet, and recover three items, but things are not so simple.

the would be kahiko, or veteran in the words of other chapters, are dropped on the planet via drop pod. the return to the fleet is an entirely diffrent matter. there is only one space port on Luminos that was not outright destroyed by the invasion... this space port is now in the very heart of the feral tyranid territory, and in order to escape, the marine must not only recover the three peaces of wargear, fight through the hardened tyranid swarms, but also feed and fuel an assembly process to construct a single shuttle all the while the ravenous beasts swarm their location.

this test is not a easy one, and all too often, the veteran hopefuls don't return.

Today would be no diffrent. a new group of Nomonies have acquired anough emblems of tribute from their battle brothers to grant them access to the lost forge world of Luminos, a epic endeavor that is not taken lightly in the chapter, for like most other chapters, to become a veteran, one must be truly deserving of the title. However things are not the same for this Trial... for this trial the lantern marines have granted a nearly unheard of honor to battle brothers from another chapter who have proved themselves without a shadow of a doubt, just as deserving of this honor to the lantern marines... joining the veteran hopefuls are two marines from separate chapters... who despite being warned that they may die and would never again be able to return to their chapter if they did on the planet... have decided to take the lantern marines up of the trials.

through arogance, overconfidence, ignorance, or through a bond betwene chapters and marines, two marines not of the lantern chapter have decided to partake in the trials... their reasons are their own, and the lanterns are not the type to denie them a chance to become kahiko even if the other marines, the brothers from another chapter, do not see it as such.

================================================== =======

It is better to burn out than fade away

if you're not sure who the lantern marines are, or would like some more information on them, please go here for more information.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=97737

the lantern marines are not a "offical" chapter as per gamesworkshop, they are a custom chapter i created. i also created a contest to devolope the look to them, unfortunately that contest flopped as people fergot to submit their final works by the due date. never the less that thread still has a lot of usefull information for you to potentialy use to help craft your character or to simply keep in mind.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=98844

now this is me giving you the reins. this is me stepping back, having a open mind, and allowing you all to experiment with the chapter and make your own character. your reasons for being nominated are your own, your history is your own. so if you're playing a lantern, you're playing your character not "my" character. if you're playing one of the two other marines from a diffrent chapter, well you already know what to expect. but know that i'm keeping a very open mind about any characters submitted to this RP.

now mind you even though i have a open mind i'm still not going to just blindly accacpt profiles. most of the slots are first come first serve, such as the two marines from a diffrent chapter. but as long as you make the profile believeable and not you're the second god emperor of mankind, you should be good. no winning orks over by giving them candy and no sleeping around with eldar wemon...the latter would get you shot, the former would would get you shootaed once they were out of candy. but you guys and gals get the just here.

the main thing i ask is attempt, make some attempt to keep a small amount of flavor of the "orange" marines in your characters (the two using the other chapter marines ignore this). other than that, and i cant stress this enough
HAVE FUN!!!
OK corny bits aside, seriously try and have fun here.

i'm going to try and shoot for a update once a week on Sundays.

and by the throne people, if you have a question ask me.
never give up, never surrender!
Username:

Name: chapter appropriate please. no bob or tom.

Age:you're old enough to be nominated as a veteran, you've gone through several years with the nominated helm but you aren't at veteran status yet. max age is now around 200. to be over you must have a very good reason to be over.

Chapter: for most it's lantern. for 2, and it's first come first serve it's your choice (with the acceptation being the angry marines)

Marine Type: what kind of marine are you? yes even librarians go on this, as well as their priests. no sternguard ect. only basic.

Appearance:

Armor: be reasonable. also, if you don't take care of it in appearance, please also include descriptions of your tattoos.

Personality: a lot of RPs are fond of this bit, figured i'd add it here too.

Expectations: what is your marine expecting from the trial? what are his thoughts on it? many of you have been working towards this, two of you have just been given the "honor".

Biography: please include some information as to A how you were recruited to the lanterns, B your trials, C early years, D how you were nominated for veteran status. for the two marines who arent of the lantern chapter, please replace how you were nominated with what you did to earn the "honor" of the trial

WARGEAR: be reasonable and remember, most of you come equipped with two of the lantern marine's signature lantern that is "unique" to your marine type.

In Fire you shall burn!
9 slots total.
Slots
_ Tactical
_ "career scout" Arete Kastor of the lantern marines
_ Devastator Taelos Palenikana of the lantern marines
_ Techmarine
_Apothocary Craetus Vorentis of the Ultra Marines
_ Librarian Decado Lyanor of the blood angels
_ Librarian
_apothecary
_ Kahuna Kaila Hide of the lantern chapter

Last edited by DasOmen; 04-20-12 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links

#2 Old 02-01-12, 08:43 AM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
Angel Encarmine
Angel Encarmine's Flag is: USA

You know i HAVE to get in on this one omen i want to reserve librarian slot..... will have a char up tomorrow

#3 Old 02-01-12, 11:03 AM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
DasOmen

thank you kindly angel, and now, for those of you wishing to put a image to the text, i give you what i could actually do with the game SpaceMarine

mind you due to limitations i cant run them with a custom badge...yet. also the "tattoos" are missing on the armor because cant have custom textures. but it's a decent base... and yes i actually run that in multiplayer...

#4 Old 02-02-12, 02:06 AM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
jonileth
The Curmudgeon
jonileth's Flag is: USA

Since the other game is closed, I will post this here for consideration.

Username: jonileth
Name: Craetus Vorentis
Chapter: Ultramarines

Expectation: Craetus has served with many a Brother-Chapter, earning him a great deal of respect by those he has aided in the many campaigns he has been apart of. His close ties with the Lantern Marines for the better part of four decades earned him an invitation to Luminos. His skills as an Apothecary being as they are, he was a good choice to go with the Veteran hopefuls, and his prowess in battle a good match for the challenges ahead.

Craetus has participated in several campaigns with the Lantern Marines, most of them successful. Even in the ones that fared not so well, the Apothecary has held his Brethren in good esteem. Though his own Chapter speaks in hushed tones regarding the methods and practices of the Lantern Chapter, ones highly opposed to the Codex they hold sacred, having seen them in action Craetus has come to accept that though their methods are different the end results matter more. He does not, however, speak such things aloud, as many would think him mad if they heard him say such things.

Appearance: Wears the White coloring of the Apothecary. His Prime Helix, a brilliant red with a pair of Imperial Golden Wings to each side. In the center of his chest plate’s Aquila wings sits an Iron Skull, paying tribute to his time spent as a Sergeant during a campaign in the fringes of Segmentus Ultima during the first century of his service to the Ultramarines. His armor also bears several Electrum Purity Seals which bear passages of many of the Litanies passed on to him before difficult battles.

Armor MK: Mark 7 ‘Errant’ Armor

Weapons: Ultima Pattern Bolter, painted in the colors of the Ultramarines, and it bears a Prime Helix of the same type worn on his shoulder plate.

Power Sword, a weapon he was gifted with after his 500th year of service to the Ultramarines. The weapon is kept in a ceremonial sheath, having only been drawn a handful of times since it was gifted to him.

Narthecium, the tool of his trade has seen just as many mercy killings as it has been used as a deadly weapon against the enemies of the Emperor. It has been modified to house a much larger carnifex than most standard Apothecaries wield. On more than one occasion it has meant the difference between victory and death.

Type: Apothecary

Biography: Craetus was born on Macragge, his beginnings no less humble than any other boy on the planet. His family had served the Emperor for generations on end, though none had ever been called upon to be a part of the Ultramarines. When he was selected for service, it filled his family with great joy, something that has been carried in Craetus’ heart all throughout his time with the Chapter.

His trials were of the standard sort and his time with the Scout Company very unremarkable. His ability to heal, however, did not escape the notice of the Apothecary assigned to his Company, and it wasn’t too long after he was given full Battle-Brother status that Craetus found himself donning the white armor himself.

The training that he endured to become a full-fledged Apothecary was a challenge, one that his natural healing talents rose to but could only barely keep up with. There were several points in his training that he felt the urge to quit and return to the rank and file as a simple Astartes. His mentor, Apothecary Gregorian Forres, managed to push him through each patch of doubt and lead him to become an Apothecary his Chapter could be proud of.

Centuries of battle, and dozens of bloody and protracted campaigns against Chaos, Xenos, and Orcs alike gave him a vast array of experience, both as a healer and a leader. In a particularly long and daunting campaign along the fringes of Segmentus Ultima, Craetus was forced to take command of a squad of his brethren, a move that earned him not only much respect from his fellow Battle-Brothers, but the Iron Skull, which he still wears on his armor despite having never commanded another squad since.

On his 500th anniversary, the Captain of the 6th Company bestowed upon him a Power Sword, a sacred relic from the Armory that had been resting there for several hundred years. The sword itself had been wielded by a Veteran Apothecary, one who’s valor and dedication to his Chapter and the Emperor stood uncontested long after his death in the service of Macragge. Craetus treats the weapon like the sacred artifact it is, wielding it only to defend his injured fellows, and even then he has only used it a handful of times against the most vile of enemies.

Craetus at one time was just as eager to throw himself into combat to deal the Emperor’s Fury to those for whom he fought. Age, however, has tempered the Apothecary and given him insight into battle that has seen many an Ultramarine seek him out for advice and wisdom. Craetus has often been heard joking that his calling as an Apothecary came a day earlier than that of the Chaplin’s service, as he has found himself mending both physical and spiritual wounds with his calm demeanor and his passionate devotion to the cause.

Last edited by jonileth; 02-03-12 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Added an omitted item.

#5 Old 02-09-12, 07:15 AM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
DasOmen

got two people, ok so you dont see the second yet because he's working on a profile. but we got two, just need a few more. i'm willing to start this off with three and add more later.

#6 Old 02-09-12, 08:00 AM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
Angel Encarmine
Angel Encarmine's Flag is: USA

Yeah i will have the blood angel up soon omen, just gotta make sure i add everything in but i AM working on it

#7 Old 02-09-12, 09:09 AM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
DasOmen

now we just need some orange marines to fill the bin... where's calafornia when you need it, i hear they have a lot of orange pickers there.

#8 Old 02-09-12, 05:12 PM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
Santaire
Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow, an apothecary who's almost as old as Logan Grimnar. You sure that's not pushing it a bit Jonileth?

Edit: If allowed, I'd like to reserve a tactical marine slot, sergeant if possible. Just gotta check on my current rp status

Last edited by Santaire; 02-09-12 at 05:15 PM.

#9 Old 02-09-12, 09:05 PM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
DasOmen

now i think we all know i'm no expert on marines. my table top army is in fact an entire 2k army of nothing but gretchin with bomb packs... specificaly specked out so that yes, when they die they explode. and a 2k army of tau, mostly stealth suits... and a single manta. so yes, i play tau and ork, not in a manner where i expect to win, hell my gretchen army killed my ally necron player by mistake once... blasted deep strike failures.... but main thing is i'm primaraly a tau and ork guy. currently building a aux army of tau using just kroot, vespid, gue'vesa, and the new lizzard race... well i say new because i just saw em in the store the other day... you guys probabaly knew about them for a long ass fucking time. me not so much.

when it comes to marines i try to be knoledgeable. i thaught his age was a bit high myself but then i remember, my knoledge level is rather low. mind you i do a lot of reserche. took me a long time to design and build the lanterns... mind you they're a bit campy with the aloha slash 80s metal idea... but at least i didn't go with my origional idea to have their upper leggings be zebra stripe, their lower legs black, their boots red, chest black, arms silver, with a helmet that was bone white with kiss face paint on it. i'm glad i scrapped that one.

i'm also working on another batch of marines just to contenue my attempt to write a bit of fan fluff for a group of marines who are heavy after the egyptians and their art style. coming up with a name for them isn't easy... definately going to have gold and green with a bit of maroon or dull red in their paint sceme though. but that's asside from the point.

sanatire if you belive his age is a bit too high, your input is actualy welcome on that. i'm not saying that to shut you up or anything to that reguard, it's more so that i admit my knoledge on the subject of space marines age is limited, for instance i'm aware they live for a long ass time and every century of service they get a metal studd in their head, but avarage age, not so much.

also as for what books i read, i'm TRYING to find space marine books. unfortunately my local book store only has the guard stuff.

#10 Old 02-09-12, 09:44 PM Lantern Marines: Trials of Luminos (recruitment)
Santaire
Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just check lexicanium. Dante's the oldest non-dreadnought space marine at about 1100 and Grimnar's been great wolf for 7 centuries. My biggest problem is that he is over 600 yrs old and that makes him roughly the same age as Calgar if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Santaire; 02-09-12 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads