Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1000 Points Deathskullz.

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SonofVulkan 
#1 ·
Okay, got my codex through the post and I've made a start on an army list. I've based the list on models I've got and what I'd like to add to my collection. The idea is to over run the enemy with loadz of boyz with a bit of support from the back. The warboss and big mek will run with the 'ard boyz.

HQ
Warboss - 'eavy Armour, Shoota, Klaw - 89
Big Mek - 'eavy Armour, Kustom Force Field - 89

Troops
20 Boyz - Shootas, Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, Nob, Klaw, Bosspole - 190
20 Boyz - Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, Nob, Klaw, Bosspole - 170
20 Boyz - 'eavy Armour, Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, Nob, Klaw, Bosspole - 250

Heavy Support
10 Lootas - 170
3 Mek Gunz - Kannons, 2 Extra Grotz per gun - 72

1000 Points

Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
the list looks good for the points level.
not so sure about 20 ardboyz though. maybe drop 5 of them and lose the rokkit from that unit which would free up 55 points and use that to get another gun battery of say 3 lobbas (these guns are under rated and can be used with great effect). the reason for only having the 15 ardboyz is the 4+ save will get your guys there safer, so don't need so many bodies and they are expensive to just throw away.

the KFF is a little underused in such a group of boyz as it no longer gives the whole unit the cover save only those under the 6" bubble. so I would tend to put him with the lootas for some protection as they will be a high priority target. or protect your big gunz with it.

just some food for thought. the list looks pretty good but be aware of gun lines as majority of your units only have a range of 12 for shooting.

#3 ·
Thanks for your comments @Woodzee316 very much appreciated. Dropping 5 'Ard boyz would work in my favour as I only have 12 at the moment. I've added the lobbas as you suggested, they should hopefully soften up some targets. I was thinking of dropping the Big Mek too, as I feel he's probably not needed in a small army. Maybe a squad of Bikerz would serve me better. Racing down a flank, they should make the enemy think more about there targeting priorities. Anyway heres my revised list for your viewing:-

HQ
Warboss - 'eavy Armour, Shoota, Klaw - 89

Troops
20 Boyz - Shootas, Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, Nob, Klaw, Bosspole - 190
20 Boyz - Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, Nob, Klaw, Bosspole - 170
15 Boyz - 'eavy Armour, Big Shoota, Nob, Klaw, Bosspole – 195

Fast Attack
5 Warbikes - 90

Heavy Support
10 Lootas - 140
3 Mek Gunz - Kannons, 1 Extra Grot per gun - 63
3 Mek Gunz - Lobbas, 1 Extra Grot per gun - 63

1000 Points.

Once again help and comments are welcome. :grin:

#4 ·
Nice list so far. About the only suggestions I would drop the rokkit from the shoota boyz and give them a second big shoota. I would give the hard boyz the rokkit if anything. SInce you are kind of going for a green tide I would suggest adding a weirdboy they are great at bashing things. Might want to give the warboss the Finkin Kap and getting the trait that allows the whole army to infiltrate.

#5 ·
I also like the look of the second list but tend to agree with Morfangdakka about the big shootas over the rokkits.

The other thing to consider is to swap out the warbikes for 3 defkoptas as separate fast attack slots. the warbikes are a squad so you lose 2 of them and your looking at a morale check and let's face it orks don't have a high morale. They also only have 1 wound so not good at taking much heat. Where as the defkoptas have 2 wounds and if they are kept as separate units then losing one isn't so bad and they also come with twin linked rokkits so they would be used mainly for transport hunting at which they can really excel if you go first and use the scout rule.

Just something else to have a think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.