Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Technical Difficulties

4K views 39 replies 32 participants last post by  WoRLoKKeD 
#1 ·
Howdy everyone-

We're currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We're sorry for the problems with connecting to the site, and we're working on getting it sorted out as soon as possible. If you're reading this, there's a good chance that we've made some headway, or, at bare minimum, the server is cooperating for the moment. Anyway, thanks for your understanding and patience!

#4 ·
i was like nuuuu work banned the website... so this is good news :)

#7 ·
It's simply a DNS issue.

Hostgator are idiots, it seems our domain has been put into redemption by mistake. They're now asking me to fork out $200 to bring an unexpired domain out of redemption..

They also take 4 hours to respond to support emails with one word answers... then your response takes another 4 hours.

The site and files are fine, they're still in place on the Liquidweb servers, it's purely a dns issue with the clowns at hostgator.

In the mean time the site can be assessed here.

http://67.225.190.228/~jezlad/forums/index.php

I'll twitter this out too.

#12 ·
i was going through complete withdraws since I couldn't access the site for two days. It totally had me freaked out. Even my wife noticed I wasn't on the website talking about my plastic men. I guess I spend a lot of time on here.

Glad to see things are back up and running. I was hoping it was a technical error and not something that Jezlad did to get the site shut down.:biggrin:

Back to the boards then.

#13 ·
After days out in the wilderness i have finally been able to get back on the site :so_happy:

#14 ·
I got more painting done while the sight was down than I thaught was posible in that amount of time. Considdering I also watched like 6 hours of anime...

I'm glad to see things are back up. :victory:

#16 ·
ok whos giving the server minuses to its leadership tests making it run all over the place for losing combat?

#19 · (Edited)
Gork be praised! I didn't realize how much I visit this place till I couldn't! Withdrawals didn't cover it... I was ALMOST desperate enough to go to another forum (which shall remain name less just BeCause). Well, it was that or stick a wooden spoon in my ear. Good thing I checked to see if Heresy was up...that wooden spoon was looking awful tempting....

Hopefully all will be sorted out soon enough!

Good luck and good gaming,

Nate

#22 ·
Right!? here i am biting my fingers off (i have no more nails after this now) waiting to see what the response was gonna be for Week #4 of the Writer's Circle, and i can't access the site! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

did watch season 4 & most of 5 of Dragon Ball Z though! And i worked on next weeks Writer's Circle post. Everyone should go and read week 4!

Fiction and Art}Original Works}"The Writer's Circle" - Discussion Index}Week #4 [To Plot or Not]...do it.

CP

#23 ·
Phew, was getting really twitchy all of yesterday, every 10 minutes I would open a tab and try to get on, nearly had me in tears :(

Was convinced that one of our rival forums had launched an attack and blown up the server :biggrin: good to have you back Heresy! *hugs website*

#24 ·
Still seems to be twitching out a little, but it's getting better. Should be back to full here in the next day or two

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.