Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1000 points, either one good?

992 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gret79 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings all heretics!

I'm not all new to Eldar but I want to make a 1000 points army without any guardian jetbikes beacuse I really do not like their. Actually guardians in general are a bit meh to me, but the wind riders helmets are really not my cup of tea.

So I'm basically restricting myself to Dire Avengers, Rangers and Wraith guards/blades if I bring a spiritseer.

Anyways I'm pretty much set on this concept of an army and are mainly toying around with a few ideas using models I think are absolutely great but not sure which to include to make it as effective as possible.

Here are a couple of list I've come up with that aren't exactly finished, please give me some advice and critizism. Thank you all! :)

HQ:
Farseer.
100 p

Great standars psycher. improving shooting or war walkers at least and.. something else :p can you guide a twin-linke weapon btw, how would that work if you can?

Spiritseer.
70 p

Making Wraith blades scoring. Also boosts my Dire Avengers should they need to fight in CC.

5 Wraith Blades with Axes and force shields.
160 p

Here goes my farseer. they score an objective beeing imo rediculously hard to shift and keep my farseer pretty safe from incoming fire while he casts his powers. in shorter words, they are strong, protect my farseer from incoming fire and score. not doing much damage tho I'm afraid.

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon and Shimmershield.
160 p

I do know that I am giving up bladestorm fire here and some may say completely wasting points with the exarch. I do feel however that a constant 5++ save is truly amazing, and having only 2 troops choices I need to keep them alive! Also they can fight in CC due to a relatively high IV, an exarch with power weapon, booting a good save and an invuln save too and are accompanied by a spiritseer carrying a great CC weap and battle-boosting Psychic powers.
Pretty much my flexible allround scoring unit. Oh, and they go in the serpent obviously.

Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Bright lances, Holo-fields.
135 p

This guy I know should be equipped with scatter lasers and a shuri cannon, however I felt that I lacked some AA and this could cheaply could field me a twin-linked BL. serves me well to in that the Wave Serpent opens up a transport and then letting my Avengers open up on that unit.

4 Shinging Spears, Exarch with Star lance, Hit & run.
135 p

Planing on turboboosting these to get a sweet jink save to next round hopefully be alive and shoot/assault some key unit. The exarchs star lance being as effective as several bright lances just at close quarters. So taking on any strong key unit/MC/high AV target.

2 War Walkers each with 1 Scatter laser and 1 Starcannon.
140 p

Looks to me on paper to be the best combo bringing long range multi S6 shots support wreacking light transports, MCs, weathering down TEQ/MEQ or basically any infantry!

2 Shadow Weavers.
60 p

Although we see a few guardians here the weapon platforms are ace when it comes fo appearence, and for only 30 points a piece I think they are a steal. S6 monofilament barages I'd take anyday for infantry support, staying hidden behind whatever blocks line of sight :victory: no matter what you say I will have a gruop of these bad boys haha, sry but can't help that :p

Total: 960 points

Here I could do pretty much the same but switching out the Shining Spears unit for a Dual lance Wraithlord to benefit from Spirit marked, however I would lose out on some close ranged support as the Wraithlord would mostly snipe armour or heavy targets from afar.

My idea is basicallt to have 2 fast and quite strong elements in my Avengers and Shining Spears taking off to the front lines and dealing with threats while the spears support/harrass/help out. This whilst further back I keep my Farseer on an objective guiding my walkers and my support platforms lay down covering fire.

List 2:

HQ:
Farseer.
100 p

9 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon and Shimmershield.
147 p

Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Scatter lasers, Shuriken cannon, Holo-fields.
145 p

9 Rangers.
108 p

4 Shinging Spears, Exarch with Star lance, Hit & run.
135 p

2 War Walkers each with 1 Scatter laser and 1 Starcannon.
140 p

Wraithlord with2 Bright lances, 2 Flamers.
165 p

2 Shadow Weavers.
60 p

Total: 1000 points on the dot

My idea here is pretty much the same but instead of my walking wraiths and spiritseer I went for both spears and wraithlord and making my other troops squad a unit of rangers to sit home and snipe boosted by the farseer.

Sorry about all the reading, hope you enjoyd it anyways and please comment as you please :)

See less See more
#2 ·
The only part of the first list I'm not keen on are the shining spears - you have 40pts left so I'd drop those for 175pts of Warp spiders. I love warp spiders.

I prefer the 1st list - I'm not keen on rangers either although a farseer buffing them will massively increase their damage output. If I take a big squad of rangers, they get flamers on them from drop pods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.