Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Ad Mech tactica?

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Tyriks 
#1 ·
Is there a plan to add a forum for them? Or does anyone have relevant links? I really like the way they look and am considering picking some up as allies (probably to slowly replace SM as my main army) but I just don't know that much about them.

#5 ·
Speeking of @scscofield is there any plans for adding any additonal areas such as imperial knights or even Harlequins really? Or do they count as eldar and imperium respectfully???

Just a comment thought this to be a good spot for it save starting a new thread, don't actually have much to add on either topic just noticed their absence.

#6 ·
I pushed the question up the line for you.

I personally think we should go the opposite route and merge everything. When I first joined HO each section was very active and full of input. Now it strikes me that with the lower activity levels, spreading out into more and more subforums dilutes what little input there currently is.

The above is my personal opinion, not policy.

#7 ·
^ it makes sense though, that personal opinion. I'd worry that I wouldn't sift through every list posted to find the SM and Guard ones I typically comment on though, and because people have to look harder for what they want it might dissuade what little commentary there is.

The more I think about it, is the organization of the site really what draws people here or there? Other forums have even more sub-categories and others still have less, and yet they are more popular than ol' Heresy here (or so it would seem to the outsider anyway). Personally I think it's the quality of interaction that pulls people in but at the same time out of the 30 or so people in the club I play in I'm the only person who's ever heard of Heresy, whereas BoLS, Dakka, Natfka, B&C, and others are commonplace for membership. No real clue as to why, but it likely has something to do with our prominence in Google searches.

#8 ·
No real clue as to why, but it likely has something to do with our prominence in Google searches.
Its this and overall content, something Jezlad talked about for years and I've taken up the flag doing. Have more content, draw in/back more people. Have content titled in ways that maximize search results, increase the likelyhood someone is to find said content and come here.

I tried this before with tacticas and reviews but most people chose not to do it, and I don't believe anyone does it now.

#13 ·
I think at least the smaller categories would be good. Especially for tactics. There's a lot of overlapping concepts (even when the specifics are difference). For army lists it would probably wind up a lot more cluttered, though, if they were all in one forum.

I agree with @ntaw that when I post things that get ignored, it makes it harder to want to keep posting things. Reading this thread makes me want to do more, though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.