Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Which Paint Scheme for Cult Marines in a Black Legion Army?

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  dragonkingofthestars 
#1 ·
The guy that wants me to paint his army has a lot of noise marines and khorne berserkers and wants me to paint them as if they joined the black legion. I would like to get the theme right so do I paint them normally or do they get a different paint scheme since they are with the black legion?

#4 ·
LordNecross' idea sounds pretty great to me. :D

Always good to ask for the client's input, as scscofield said but it'd be good if you can throw out some suggestions for him to consider. Just remember his word is final.

You could do, like... Scuffs on some of the paint, especially on the Berzerkers who are getting scraped up more. So you've got black paint but then you've got some of the original blood red showing from underneath.

#7 ·
When I worked at GW our Black Legion had both pads in Cult colors and the rest in BL colors. Just the distinction of the models also goes a long way to show what they are. Hard to miss the helmet wings, robes, Pustules, and ponytails of the standard cult models.

#9 ·
I would think there would be two ways to do black legion cult troops.

first: black legion with cult troop details, shoulder pads in proper colors, skulls for Khorne, pustules for Nurgle, flayed skin for Slaanesh and. . . mutations for Tzeentch this suggest a more cohesive unified whole.

Alternately: you could put more weight on the crusade part, lots of different hertics workin together and so paint the Cult troops up with there proper cult colors, but with only slight nods to Black Legion, like black legion shoulder pads, banners, ectra. Contry to the above this gives a more disparate look, less a unified whole and more a bunch of guys from different sides coming together for singular purpose.

Which one you pick depends on how strong you picture your commander, does he command the direct loyalty of the cult troops and IS there warmaster, or do the cult troops have there own leaders that he has to work with, but can't boss around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.