Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Land Raider Deep Strike

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Evil beaver2 
#1 ·
Hey, this might be answered with a simple read of the codex, but i dont have it on me
when a land raider deep strikes, how far does it count as moving if a unit assaults it? do you go off how far it scatters or something? or is it always cruising speed because it just crashed into the ground?

#10 ·
True... but it isn't the effectiveness that I was talking about... It was more of the fact that we can (as BA) drop a giant tank in the middle of the battlefield just because we want to haha

#12 ·
Still, I think it is funny to see it when my friends find out that I can do that. They are already scared of the land raider (because they have fairly small armies) and so it is entertaining to see shocked faces..

#17 ·
- Land Raider with uber 400+ point unit inside drops in from above.

- Scatters a couple of inches to the left, on top of a lone Grot.

- Land Raider lands on said Grot, Grot picks up Land Raider, hurls it into the sun.

- Land Raider is vaporised, Grot becomes a hero.

As you can see, "GW" and "logic" are complete opposites.
Always have been, always will be.
It gives us something to bitch about. :laugh:

#22 ·
Even so, a Drop Pod does the same thing, doesnt need a Teleport Homer, and is a LOT cheaper.

The fact that the unit cant assault after disembarking defeats the purpose of a Land Raider in the first place.

And leaving the unit inside the vehicle for an extra turn is going to make no difference than if you just moved it across the board.... except its probably going to deep strike on turn 3 rather than moving turn 1 with normal deployment.

I can see no benefit whatsoever with the deep striking Land Raiders.

#28 ·
I took a chance with a LR deep strike one time ... it actually hit a target on the scatter. I was playing a Tau player and he had everything backed into a corner. I got lucky and all of my stuff came in on turn 2 as I had everything in reserve. I placed the LR filled with DC first and was about 8" away from his line. When I landed everything he freaked out. The LR was blocking LOS from his Crisis Suits and the next turn I just laid him to waste. It has its good points and bad points.

#30 ·
Damn, when did 40 ton tanks learned fly? I look away for a couple months and then Im crushed by a flock of flying land raiders. What has the world come to? Next thing you know orks are gonna learn to shoot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.