Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

MSU Perfection - High Elf Bat Rep Thread

7K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Ratvan 
#1 · (Edited)
The idea behind this thread is to record my exploits with my High Elf army and the MSU play-style.

The obvious place for me to start with this is the Army List v1.0

Total Roster Cost: 2400

Archmage - Level 4, Lore of High Magic, Book of Hoeth, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Khaine's Ring of Fury
Noble - Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Heavy Armour, Reaver Bow, Charmed Shield, Potion of Strength
5 Silver Helms - Shield
5 Ellyrian Reavers - Musician
15 Lothern Sea Guard - Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer
15 Lothern Sea Guard - Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer
14 White Lions of Chrace - Standard Bearer, Guardian, Banner of Swiftness
14 White Lions of Chrace - Standard Bearer, Guardian, Gleaming Pennant
5 Dragon Princes - Standard Bearer
5 Dragon Princes - Standard Bearer
10 Sword Masters of Hoeth
10 Sisters of Avelorn
10 Sisters of Avelorn
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle

The idea of the list is to provide as many small threats as possible to the opponent at once so that they really have to choose wisely regarding target priority.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Game 1 - Tomb Kings - Table, Deployment, Turns 1 & 2

Game 1 was against Stephen who plays Tomb Kings with a lot of focus on Magic and shooting

Tomb King Roster

Liche High Priest - Level 4, Lore of Nehekehara, Earthing Rod, Dragonbane Gem, Ironcurse Icon
Liche Priest - Level 2, Lore of Light, Dispel Scroll
Liche Priest - Level 2, Lore of Light, Enkhil's Kanopi
20 Skeleton Archers - Standard Bearer
15 Skeleton Archers - Standard Bearer
15 Skeleton Archers - Standard Bearer
6 Skeleton Chariots - Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame
4 Necropolis Knights - Champion, Standard Bearer
4 Necropolis Knights - Champion, Standard Bearer
3 Carrion
3 Carrion
Screaming Skull Catapult
Screaming Skull Catapult
Hierotitan
Casket of Souls

Table Set Up

At the club we have a number of pre set tables, we randomly drew table number 11 set up as above.

The River has three crossing points, signified by the 'islands' on the river, these crossing points have no movement modifiers where as the rest of the river has a 50% movement modifier

Each Table side has cover in the form of a dry stone wall and rocky outcrop, building and an area of forest, all of which are normal terrain (no special rules)

Deployment

So after deployment we rolled for first turn (me) as well as Magic

High Elves
Level 4 - Soul Quench, Walk Between Worlds, Tempest, Fiery Conviction

Tomb Kings
Level 4 - Desert Winds, Protection, Smiting, Skullstorm
Level 2 - Pha's Protection, Speed of Battle
Level 2 - Light of Battle, Net of Amyntok

High Elves Turn 1

Everything moves forwards, Infantry making for the left hand crossing point, the majority of the cavalry making for the crossing in the centre of the board, the Sister of Avelorn take shelter in the woodland to my right and the building on my left while one of the Dragon Prince units make their way to the crossing on my right behind the woodland.

Magic Phase, I roll 4,4 with my opponent managing to gain 1 more through channelling. To start the phase off I attempt to cast Tempest on the unit of Archers on my left containing the Heirophant, I manage to cast on 2 Dice while my opponent fails to dispel on 3 dice, the spell scatters 5" clipping the unit and doing a single wound, it also catches both Screaming Skulls and surprisingly manages to wound both of them as well. Meaning my opponent has to roll 4+ to use either catapult in his turn. I then decide to attempt to cast Fiery Conviction on 4 Dice, I manage to pass the roll but my opponent decides to use the dispel scroll. My Final action is to attempt to Cast Walk between Worlds on my Dragon Princes making for my right flank. I cast on my remaining two dice and move my Dragon Princes the remaining 10" to the start of the crossing.

Shooting Phase begins with me putting two wounds onto the Casket with the bolt throwers, the left most unit of Sisters shoot at the Heirophants unit killing three negating the regneration granted by the Heirophant, the left most seaguard open fire on the same unit killing a further 2. Unfortunately this puts my other unit of Seaguard out of range so they fire on the big unit of archers downing 3. The other unit of Sisters on my right target the carrion and manage to slaughter one of the undead birds.

Tomb Kings Turn 1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.