Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Creature Caster (1st wave)

Ended 
4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Silens 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

A couple of days ago there was this great Kickstarter that was launched with some of the better looking miniatures I have seen.
These should be really interesting for all Daemon players as they are very similar looking or can at least count as... the greater daemons GW has produced and a couple of really cool looking Dragons.

Have a look at these great models if you have not already done so and get yourself some of the goodness! Additionally, there are many new models to be added in the coming week!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeremyglen/creature-caster-first-wave

Support this guys great campaign!!

See less See more
#4 ·
There really are some great looking models in this KS. My problem however is that a model is $90+ each. For a KS (IMO) that seems really high. Wish them all the best, but I'll wait till these hit the market and can start finding them cheaper.
You do know thats Canadian Dollars right?
I'd say thats incredibly good value for money comparing it to what GW charges for their models...

#10 · (Edited)
Right, this hasn't been updated so just in-case anybody is actually looking!

I'm gonna start off by saying that this Kickstarter has FINISHED. However... You can still pledge towards it and get rewards for it. If you were not a part of the Kickstarter campaign, you can still pledge by going HERE and clicking "Create an Account".

This is going to be open, according to a non-official source, until at least the 11th of October 2014. When it closes I'll try to remember to come back here and post about it.

Click this sentence to watch a video from Jeremy Glen (the creator of Creature Caster) about the pledge manager.

NEW MODELS!

During the Kickstarter Campaign, new models were unlocks and released along with some exclusive parts for the new models and the existing models. I'll post pictures of these here:

This image is an overview of all of the miniatures and their unlocked parts:

Treewalker [BRONZE]:

Spider Demon [BRONZE]:

Plague Angel [SILVER]:

Maggot Demon [SILVER]:

Warrior Demon [SILVER]:

Pincer Demon [SILVER]:

Vulture Demon [SILVER]:

Emperor Dragon [GOLD]:

Mountain Dragon [GOLD]:

Zombie Dragon [GOLD]:

Possessed Dragon [GOLD]:

Models listed as [BRONZE] will set you back 75CAD
Models listed as [SILVER] will set you back 95CAD
Models listed as [GOLD] will set you back 160CAD

CAD = Canadian Dollars

#11 ·
So I've pledged at a GOLD level and I will be receiving a Zombie Dragon at... Some point in the future, I have no idea what the current expected delivery date is (I'll do some snooping).

Once everything gets out on retail, I'm going to definitely be picking up the Plague Angel and the Treewalker.

#12 ·
:/ I can't pledge anymore, since it ended a long time ago, but I really want that Mountain Dragon and the Treeman (woman? lol). They'd look great in a wood elf army. (the mountain dragon being a forest dragon, cuz the GW forest dragon model looks ridiculous :/)

#14 ·
So the Kickstarter ended quite some time ago now and the pledge manager also closed; there's no way of contributing to this Kickstarter any more and as such desires for the limited edition extras (Riderless kits and such) will go unmet. I believe at some point in the campaign Jeremy Glen mentioned that these extras will be available during promos/events; I don't remember exact details so don't quote me!

To sum up the most previous update for the campaign; sculpting is almost finished and production has begun on the sculpts which are complete.

Jeremy Glen on the 12th January 2015 said:
Big update coming next week. In the meantime, check out some high-res Dragon rider'less kit pics :) It was a little tricky making it so that you can use the neck barding along with the saddle or howdah, as well as the plug, but that hard works means you can now enjoy any configuration you like, and even more with magnetization. Super versatile and playable. You will be a rock star at gaming night with these dragons :)

Casting and production have started up. With sculpting almost complete it will be good to focus on production entirely, and I will let you know how that goes every step of the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.