Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Help with banner wording

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Wolf_Lord_Skoll 
#1 ·
So upon looking through the bretonnian book today i came across the magic banner called 'BANNER OF THE LADY'.

I am unsure of how this works according to the new 8th rules, as far as i can tell there are a numbber of interpretations, all of which are valid, but i would like to try and cut it down to get a definitive answer.

The wording in the description is as follows: "All enemy units with at least one model in base contact with the bearer of the banner of the lady get no combat bonus for ranks"

At first i thought it was just combat res but thinking about it a horde gets combat bonus for ranks of 10 models, would this be true? Steadfast is a type of rank bonus, so therefor would it be negated?

Please help with my thoughts and Comment or just tell me i have over thought the wording.

#6 ·
Judging from the 7th ed rules which it was written for: It means combat resolution bonus, given that I can't find a rule for steadfast.

In 8th ed rules I would assume it should follow the spirit of the item. But since there is no official FAQ on it, you can do whatever you want between you and your folks.

#7 ·
The spirit of the item probably only applies to the direct rank bonus, not steadfast or anything else. The only way to make that argument using RAW though, is if you consider "bonus" to be an official game term as opposed to just the word they use a lot when talking about combat results. Second paragraph on the p.52 BRB would be what I'd point to if I were arguing it.

Personal opinion: 100 points to get up to +3 combat rez every turn sounds about right even with no other benefits. If the banner was intended to also counter numbers (steadfast), it would have also said that enemies can't count the "outnumber" bonus from 7th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.