Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Finished Looted Wagon (DE Raider) and Meganob conversion!!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  hardluck57 
#1 ·
so i finished my looted raider and am currently working on the meganob. needs hydraulics and the other tl shoota or w.e and a backpack thing with exhaust pipe.
i was only looking at pictures, and had no clue on how to go about it...as i've never converted anything like this before, only boys to kommandos, but that was backpacks stickbomb and a change of knife position. no plasticard involved lol.

anyways tell me what you think :) i'm new to miniatures, but am decently progressing on my orks :)

And the meganob

See less See more
#4 ·
The looted wagon-trike is pretty awesome and hilarious.

The nob however looks way too boxy and plain. His grots look like they were skimping on his gubbinz . . . . and made ork mega-footy pajamas.

#8 ·
I'd have to agree with Khorne's Fist about the raider. The gubbins and trophies are a good start though. Consider painting an ork glyph over the sail (that way you don't need to repaint).

#9 ·
definately needs more gubbins. The Nob is decent for a converted model, you need to add rivets and stuff to create a more slapped together and "realistic" model. There is nothing to suggest that the armour plates are held together. What you could do is add putty and use your blade to press in some lines to create a weld bead.

#11 ·
I don't know, I kind of like the Nob. I never really thought of Orks as having great manufacturing methods anyways. Maybe he literally did staple some metal onto himself or steal something from another Ork.

Either way, they both look good. Great start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.