Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Ghost ark questions

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  falcoso 
#1 ·
Two question about the ghost arc.

As a open top vehicle I flamed it with a redeemer flame storm cannon doing 4 hits to the warriors inside and killing them. In the same phase I destroyed the ark, what happened to the 4 dead necrons? do they move with the squad out of the transport and get to make a reanimate roll, or are they left behind and don't get chance to come back?

secondly: if one of the gauss flayers on the side is in rapid fire range, is the Entire array in rapid fire range? second point: if one point, (the barrel of one of the flayers) is in rapid fire range, can the WHOLE squad in side the ark rapid fire? (the issue was that we could not find out where you measured the range from, so it was from the nearest point. . .)

#2 ·
1) They will fall down / explode out of the wreckage and be able to reanimate as normal with the remainder of the squad. Remember the roll is made after each phase, so they wont have had time to move away from the group that they belong to.

2) As far as I remember you treat every gun as an individual for the range. So if 1 is in range and the others not, then only the 1 rapid fires.

#3 ·
1. I found this confusing when I first got the new codex, but the way the Reanimation reads is that you remove the models as your would any other army but place a marker next to the unit that move with the unit etc. and at the end of every phase roll a d6 for each marker and you place a warrior for each 5+ you roll, the only time you lose markers is if the unit is destroyed or the unit flees so the markers would go with them as they leave the wreckage of the ark.

2. I find this a slightly more odd one, in the codex it states that the ark has 2 gauss flayer arrays, and each array has 5 gauss flayers. SO you could trea it as either 2 weapons (one on either side) in which case only one of the barrels needs to be in but 5 gauss flayers only countas a single weapon for weapon destroyed, or 10 seperate guns so you measure the ark of each weapons individually in which case you only destroy a single flayer for weapon destroyed.

In my group we have always played it as 2 weapons its much simpler.

#8 · (Edited)
As far as I understand that situation... the ghost arc itself doesn't have reanimation protocols, so if everyone inside died it couldn't be the thing to help them get back up. IF at least 1 member of the unit is alive then they can of course use him to get back up, and of course the Ghost Arc can pick up extra bodies up to the starting number of the unit.

Also remember it is the Arc that fires the guns, not the models inside, as an open top vehicle they can still fire whatever weapons they have as well.

#11 ·
They would res wherever the rest of the unit is. They will be where the unit is as it fell out the vehicle or if they are inside you would put them inside as well technically. The markers are only meant to be there as a reminder. We normally have troops that are in tanks or whatever put in the corner of the board out the way so we remember who is where and put the markers next to them.
Of course if they fall out, lose enough guys and start running away then the ones who died are still dead and cant res.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.