Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

6th edition Ork list - Bit of everything

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Zyble 
#1 ·
Heya guys. So I'm trying to make a list that has a bit of everything. I know that they army very competitive but I'm trying to make the game fun. So here's the basis for my 1500 point list.

HQ warboss - power klaw, Kombi skorcha, attack squig, cyborg body, eavy armour (125)
HQ big mek - Kustom force field, cyborg body, eavy armour (100)

T 4 meganobz - 2 Kombi skorchas (170)
Dedicated Battlewagon - deff rolla, red paint job, grot riggers, 2 big shootas (130)
T 19 grotz - 1 runtherd (67)

E 7 lootas (105)

FA dakkajet - 1 extra supashoota, fighta ace (130)

HS battlewagon - same as above (130)

But that's as far as I've gotten so far. I need some boys of course but I'm not sure how to take them. I've got space in my heavy support battlewagon for 20 and I also have a couple of trucks that I could use so I could take trukk boys. Also are power klaws for boyz nobz worth it? So could you lovely people help finish my list off and criticise it thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are using the battlewagon as a dedicated transport for the mega nobz i would shave off some of the extra stuff as it will be a high priority target for your opponent. With the new glancing special rules it is unnecessary for have the big shootas to eat up some weapon destroyed. Same with the grot rigger, because it is much easier to wreck a vehicle than immobilze it. Even with the KFF the new rules make them less effective.
With those extra points i recommend more lootas. I find a squad of 10 is pretty effective because with losing the fearless rule because of the 10 models you can voluntarily go to ground and still take snap shots the round after.

#3 ·
It's standard for me to take a PK and BP on my Nobs when they're leading the boyz around. Yes, you might get challenged, but you'll have a whole bunch of boyz around for moral support and get re-rolls.

I also agree with rounding the Lootas squad up to 10.

And while you need more boyz, I'd be hesitant to recommend trukks. The trukks usually last me to Turn 3 more often than not nowadays, but that's several boyz or an upgrade you could have taken. It all depends on how fast you want your boyz to cover the board and get stuck in.

I just noticed the weapon load outs of your Warboss and Meganobz in the Battlewagon. Have you considered a unit of Burna Boyz instead of Meganobz? There is nothing more fun than rolling up, turning 90 degrees, and unloading with a broadside of flamer templates (but that could just be me). As for rolling the dozens of dice after, your mileage may vary. You also get quite a number of power weapons when you assault.

#4 ·
Ok so this is what I'm at after reading the comments I've got so far.

HQ Warboss (power klaw, kombi skorcha, attack squig, cybork body and 'eavy armour) 125 pts
HQ Big Mek (kustom force field, cybork body and 'eavy armour) 100 pts

T 20 Ork Boyz (shootas, nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 160 pts
T 20 Ork Boyz (shhotas, nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 160 pts
T 19 Ork Boyz (nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 154 pts
T 10 Grotz (1 runtherd) 40 pts
T 4 Meganobz (dedicated battlewagon) 160 pts

E 9 Lootas 135 pts
E 7 Burna Boyz 105 pts

FA Dakkajet (extra supashoota, pilot ace) 130 pts

HS Battlewagon (deff rolla, grot riggas) 115 pts
DT Battlewagon (deff rolla, grot riggas) 115 pts

Total 1499

Warboss goes with the Meganobz in the transport. Big Mek goes with the Burna Boyz. The Battlewagons go up the field taking out av 14 tanks. The guys inside take out priority targets. The Boyz coming up behind take out targets of opportunity and generally mop up and be a nuisance. If the Burna Boyz wagon is destroyed the Big Mek will fall back and join a boyz mob.

Hopefully this list can cater for objective games and annihilation games as well as cater for all manner of threats from Grey Knight to other Orkz.

Your thoughts

#5 ·
Give the warboss mega armour? Your paying for his power klaw anyway.
Get some Big Shootas on those battlewagons. If they have no guns a weapon destroyed counts as immobilized instead which would be a bit of a disaster.
Change a burna boy to a mek for free, he can repair hull points on their battlewagon on the move and doesn't cost any points.

Rest looks good.

#6 ·
Ok, considering everyone's replies. This will be my test list for tomorrow.

Ok so this is what I'm at after reading the comments I've got so far.

HQ Warboss (power klaw, kombi skorcha, attack squig, cybork body and 'eavy armour) 125 pts
HQ Big Mek (kustom force field, cybork body and 'eavy armour) 100 pts

T 19 Ork Boyz (shootas, nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 154 pts
T 19 Ork Boyz (shhotas, nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 154 pts
T 19 Ork Boyz (nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 154 pts
T 11 Grotz (1 runtherd) 44 pts
T 4 Meganobz (dedicated battlewagon) 160 pts

E 9 Lootas 135 pts
E 7 Burna Boyz 105 pts

FA Dakkajet (extra supashoota, pilot ace) 130 pts

HS Battlewagon (deff rolla, 1 big shoota, grot riggas) 120 pts
DT Battlewagon (deff rolla, 1 big shoota, grot riggas) 120 pts

Total 1500

So I put a big shoota on both Battlewagons in case my opponent does get a weapon destroyed result. I'm not changing a Burna Boy into a Mek because they already have the Big Mek with them. And changing the Warboss into a Megaarmoured Warboss would make him too expensive and I don't have a model for him.

I'll give this a go unless someone gives me a recommendation to change it before I go to my favourite hobby shop tomorrow.

#7 ·
I have to agree with LordStubert about kitting out the Warboss.

With mega-armor, you get the PK and a TL-shoota. Adding the attack squig and cybork brings you up to the same point total as before. You don't need to pick up the 'eavy armor since mega-armor offers a better armor save in any case.

The only difference would be between a one-shot skorcha and a TL-shoota. You can decide for yourself which is better.

The only other thing I would wonder about is how you plan on deploying the Lootas?

#8 ·
Alright then. I'll give the Mega armoured Warboss a try. I'll have to proxy my current warboss to the mega one.

Warboss - mega armour, attack squig, bosspole, cybork body - 130 pts

So he's only 5 points extra I suppose.

Also, I'll deploy my Lootas in the best cover that I can with the best field of vision. Although, I'll try to deploy them so that my estimated Battlewagon route doesn't ruin their line of sight.

#9 ·
5 points to go from 4+ to 2+ is worthwhile if you ask me :). I understand about the model though, maybe you could convert your current boss if you want to use him in mega armour.

Fair point about the burnas, forgot about the big mek!

Looks like a solid list anyway, plenty of boyz, plenty of dakka and some cool vehicles.

#10 ·
So this was the final list

HQ: Warboss (mega armour, attack squig, bosspole and cybork body) 130 pts
HQ: Big Mek (kustom force field, cybork body and 'eavy armour) 100 pts

T: 19 Ork Boyz (shootas, nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 154 pts
T: 19 Ork Boyz (shootas, nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole) 154 pts
T: 19 Ork Boyz (nob upgrade, power klaw and bosspole)
154 pts
T: 10 Gretchin (1 runtherd) 40 pts
T: 4 Meganobz (dedicated battlewagon) 160 pts
DT: Battlewagon (deff rolla, 1 big shoota and grot riggas) 120 pts

E: 9 Lootas 135 pts
E: 7 Burna Boyz 105 pts

FA: Dakkajet (extra supashoota and pilot ace) 130 pts

HS: Battlewagon (deff rolla and 1 big shoota) 115 pts

Total: 1498

I played it yesterday against some Angry Marines. Not a competitive army I know but it was a good test run. It was Purge the Alien on Vanguard Strike. I killed everything. He did blow up a Battlewagon on his turn 1 (I stole the initiative so I went first) so my Meganobz were slogging it. Didn't stop them from getting at the vindicator and some shooty Terminators while the Boys walking up behind them got a Dreadnought. The other Battlewagon and Boyz killed everything else. I lost a whole unit of boyz in the end as well.

So a good test run for a list I'm aiming to be competitive against my friend. Grey Knight will be my biggest problem I think.

#11 ·
Congrats on your win. Were the Angry Marines run as vanilla SM?

I've not played against GK (yet, my friend is buying some in a week). So I can't offer any advice in tweaking your list.

#13 ·
I like this list, especially the mega nobs. I've been trying to incorporate them into my 1500 list, but what would you suggest I eliminate?

I've currently been using the following list; It's 4-0, with wins over Grey Knights (Emperors/Hammer-Anvil), Blood Angels (Scouring/Vanguard), Eldar (Relic/DawnWar), and Space Wolves (Emperors/Hammer-Anvil).

HQ: Warboss Mega Armor, Cybork, Bosspole

Troops: Boyz x 22 BS x 2, Nob, Pklaw
Boys x 22 BS, RLaunch, Nob, Pklaw
Boys x 18 RLaunch, Nob, Pklaw
Grots x 21

Elites: Lootas x 10
Burnas x 8

Fast: Deffkoptas x 3 RLaunch
Burna Bommer 2xScorchMiss

Heavy: Battlewagon 3xBS, Red, GrotRigs
Looted Wagon Scorcha, Red, GrotRigs

Terrain: Aegis Defense Line

Theoretically, Lootas deploy in Aegis for 4cover and possible 2cover going to ground. Burnas deploy in looted wagon. 18boys and Warboss deploy in Bwagon. Boys x 22 advance behind grot screen, unless grots are used to camp a base objective. Boys x 22 advance behind Bwagon and Lwagon screen. Deffkoptas outflank for strategy and easy linebreaker score. Tank shocks are used to increase effectiveness of burna bommer and scorcha templates. This list has given me much flexibility, but the lack of meganobz forces all of my close combat maneuvres to be ones of sheer quantity over quality, and against certain death star-squads (Grey Knight Paladins come to mind) I've had difficulty with the standard mob/Nob/pklaw build.

#14 ·
That's an interested list. Alot of burny stuff which is cool. And lot's of rokkits to. I surprised to see rikkots on the boyz though.

I would take the rokkits off the boyz to free up points. Maybe also remove the deffkoptas and change the burna bomber for a dakkajet. That will free up point for meganobz. Chuck them in the bwagon with the warboss.

That might work. I haven't done the point math so you may be slightly under or over pointed so just change accordingly. But with a 4-0 streak, it can't be that bad.

I beat Vanilla SM today on Purge the Alien. It was about 10 points to 6. He took Pedro though who was a beast. Took out my Warboss and a Nob in a challenge then it took another 3 units of shooting to kill him. Tough nut to crack he was. Once he died though, it started to fall apart for him.

#15 ·
Not a huge fan of Grots as they never accomplish much when I have used them. Now if you use those points for more Deffkoptas or Big Guns I think you woul dget more out of the points. Also the Burna Bomma seems overpriced to me as you have to pay extra for those missiles and seems to not be as effective for the price as the Dakkajet.

#16 ·
Grotz are good if you have an objective sat in cover in your deployment zone in a game. They just sit there, go to ground and do nothing and score you a point to. Other than that though. They are useless yeah. I always take about 10 in most of my lists just in case of objectives. Plus it's only 40 points, which is just almost 3% of a 1500 pt list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.