Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Loosely themed Ahriman 1500pts

663 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  RedGen 
#1 ·
Hi all. Am a returning gamer after an abscence of about 5years. I have a full marine company but got rid of the rest of my collection. Have recently gotten hold of a CSM codex, a SM DN(which I have chaosified for fun) and a box of CSM.

I couldn't help but notice that there are very few lists with Ahriman in (or am just being blind and not looking hard enough). So I thought I'd make a small strike force themed around the lonely little exile.

This list is not designed to be competitive. I wanted a bunch of renegades (all my marines are painted seperatly as to show a divergent mish mash group of individulas who have formed a war band) and a bunch of demons. I've always liked troops choices, and with the heavy emphasis towrds objective games in 5th I guess it might help ina gaming sense. The strike force is meant to be about accenting Ahriman as the exile with a small band of renegades that he has cobbled together over 10 000 years that share his aims. I figured that the great weaver of fate would appreciate an army with alot of individulas from a myriad of backgrounds. A body gaurd of termies and a land raider for the great sorcerer to show his status and provide a of punch (and a bullet magnet) would round up nicely, with a DN for kicks, again cause they don't seem ta get alot of use, and I had the model laying around. I grew tired of it sulking unfinished and unpainted ina dark and cobwebbed corner of the house.

HQ:
Ahriman
TROOPS:
2x 10 man CSM Sqauds. IoCG Asp Chmps and P/Fs. One with 2 Flamers, one with 2 melta and of course the seemingly obligatory Rhinos (low slung sports models naturally)
2x 10 man (or should I say denizen) Lesser Demon squads.
ELITES:
1x Dreadnought with extra DCCW and Hvy Flamer
4x Termies. Two with Combi Melta one with Hvy Flamer.
1x L/Raider, possesed
1500 on the nose...I believe. I'll triple check when I get home.

Idea is the exile himself can roll with the termies in thier pimped out slightly Tzeentchy ride and the whole force can roll up the map (on a flank preferably) popping smoke as they go and using cover. AT some point jump out and go after objectives or summon D's where needed. Could always DS the termies using the L/R as a distraction letting the opponent (shud I ever actually get a game) think the Termies are in the L/R? Cud be amusing ta just point the DN at enemy and press play.

Any hoo, that was my take. It would be fun ta get a game to see how this list would work, but again it is really an excuse to collect the models I want to paint them how I want (not that I am a very good painter). Everyone needs a hobby right :). Just wanted to see what the response would be from the scions of this dark brotherhood who actually play the game, unlike some of us part-timers.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.