Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannings from Live Chat

5K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Viscount Vash 
#1 ·
Please can everybody take note that the chatbox and live chat are not the place to appeal about banned members or as a place to discuss a Moderators actions on bans from one or the other of those functions.

Badgering Moderators in either of these places will most likely result in more banhammer action, so please resist the urge to do so.

If there is a reason to appeal then please go through the proper channels and leave the Moderators alone. (Come on guys use your noodles, questioning the Mod that banned you or your mate just isn't likely to get you/him/her unbanned is it?:wink:.)

If this contiues a ban from one of the afore mention functions will result in being banned from the other automatically.

Here is the proper channel for all appeal processes....

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sendmessage.php

Thanks Viscount Vash

And be good.:p

See less See more
#4 ·
What kind of actions/behaviour can warrant a ban or is it explained elsewhere??

#7 ·
Nice one thanks.... Would it be a good idea to maybe PM that link to every new mwmber to make sure they know it?

#8 ·
I'll ask Jez about including it in the greeting message to new users...but there's no reason that anyone who's been here more than a couple days shouldn't know about them. It's not as though it;s hidden. One of the top posts in the topmost forum, clearly labeled.

In fact, before you make your first post there's a thing that pops up directing you to read the rules before you post.

#9 ·
oh yeah.... There would be no point in putting it into the intro message then. Ignore my last post then

#10 ·
Naww, it;s a good idea. The more chances we give people to read the rules, the more likely they are to do so

#11 ·
hmmm good point. I know I didn't check them when I first set up my profile....

#16 ·
The main thing is just to act like an adult.

We treat you like adults, let you converse like adults (we're not going to force you to say 'fudge' instead of 'fuck'), so just be sure to act like an adult in the company of other adults and you'll be alright. Act like a kid screwing around on the playground with his mates and you probably won't go far.

And that's not a jab at our younger members. We've got a lot of really cool kids here who know how to be mature and make a good impression...and we've got our share of adults who act like immature little snots.

Oh, and the other thing to remember: Pretend you're in your local game store. Don't talk about pirated books, forged miniatures or other acts virtual shoplifting or the manager will boot you out :p

#18 ·
Reading the rules helps though...especially if you ARE a complete muppet with the IQ of a newt

#19 ·
Oh "fudge" I should read them so.... don't mock the muppet and newt community. They have feelings too!

#23 ·
Call me old fashioned but people need to responsible for their own actions. If you are pushing the envelope of decency and being a punk you should expect to be banned.

Use the forums for what they are intended and you are good to go.

Sorry for the rant - just seems to me we are creating a culture of hand holding and apologizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.