Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

New Citadel Brushes

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Einherjar667 
#1 ·
This came as a bit of a surpirse, I certainly hadn't heard anything about it before today but here they are:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Painting-Modelling?N=102299+4294966606&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=phl&view=table&_requestid=6564997

They look really nice and I'm interested to see how they compare with the old brushes. That said the prices seem incredibly steep compared to the old ones with most being around £5 and the finest being £12!

What are your thoughts? Will you be picking up a few? I think I may be exploring other options when it come to brushes now, but judgement shall be reserved for when they are released tried and tested.

#9 ·
Yeah, its like when they updated the tools and tripled if not bigger the price that most people sell said tools for

#10 ·
So, anyone know whether they're re doing the how to paint citadel miniatures guide, because not only do we have new brushes, but also they don't sell the spray gun and they've added some technical paint to the range so their painting system has changed somewhat?

#12 ·
Still couldn't be fucked. Why spend the money for GW quality when I can get decent brushes for 3/4ths of the cost?

#14 ·
I swear Drybrushes are maent to be cheaper because they get worn out so easily? And the fact that they are rarely kolinsky

So, anyone know whether they're re doing the how to paint citadel miniatures guide, because not only do we have new brushes, but also they don't sell the spray gun and they've added some technical paint to the range so their painting system has changed somewhat?
I know they re-did the book a couple of months ago to include the technical paints, I don't know if the spray gun is still included. I hadn't even realised it has disappeared until now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.