Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Thousand Sons Terminators

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  forkmaster 
#1 ·
In all the Legions the Terminators were the elites of the Legions, the ones who showed not only the combat skill but also the spirit of the Legion. Wouldn't it makes sense than that all TS Terminators would be masters of the sorcery of some kind and had psychic powers? Wouldn't it mean that all of them should've survived the Ahriman's spell because of that? I am talking from the pure logical point of view, not from the gaming point. I think GW will never make TS Terminators all sorcerers by default, even in a TS Supplement.

#2 · (Edited)
A Thousand Sons:

The Sekhmet... none of lower grade than a Philosophus, the last cult rank a warrior could hold before facing the Dominus Liminus, these veterans were the best and brightest of the Legion. Having transcended their likes and dislikes, defied their mortality and broken their idea of self, these warriors fought from a perfect place of calm.

#8 · (Edited)
In Battle for the Fang there are a few Rubricae Terminators present. :)

Also on a side-note, you allmighty CotE, do you happen to know what all the different ranks of the Thousand Sons are? I know of Adeptus Exemptus which is one of the highest ranks. Philosophus and Dominus Liminus were new for me.

#4 ·
They don't always have to be the elite. After all, a legion like the thousand sons cannot afford to "waste" its best and brightest in a terminator assault, in case things fuck up royally.

They probably have some veteran legionaries without the ability to wield battlefield=strength psychic powers and shove them in terminator armour, and these can fulfil a similar role. I wouldn't put it past the Sergeant having an upgrade for a Psychic Power in the rules, or that there is a special unit with brotherhood of psykers.

As for the brightest and best - there is none brighter or better than ahriman in the legion, IIRC, and he has Power Armour.

#5 ·
Do the HH novels about the Thousand Sons not state that every member of the legion is a psyker? Maybe the Rubric made other distinctions instead of psyker/non-psyker.
Could explain why members of the powerful Sekhmet terminators were transformed.

#6 ·
The TS seem to have two differing elites. One was the higher ranked psykers like the sekhmet, highly skilled and accomplished with their powers. Then the termies. We haven't seen any real fluff on them, but maybe they were the less psychically skilled and more a traditional combat elite, having proved their worth in more orthodox battle scenarios. If so they would have been just as prone to the Rubric as any other.

#7 ·
Long long long ago I remember rules for Rubric Terminators (had the Rubric rules of the time) & Noise Terminators (had access to the sonic special weapons). Though I don't remember Bezerkernators or Plaguenators being particularly special. This was back in the days of 4th edition when you had the "Books of Chaos" in the back and rules for Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Nightlords, Word Bearers, Black Legion (strangely with no rules), World Eaters, Deathguard, Emperors Children, Thousand Sons. All in the same book :)

I miss 2002, where you got a codex for about £10-15 and it had all the rules you needed in it, and contained what has now been split up in to 10 supplements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.