Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Necron Lychknight

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Kruphix, chaos ctan 
#1 ·
I has an idea, but I need to sort it. It involves Kitbashing an annihilation barge, a doomsday ark and a triarch stalker into a Necron knight Titan.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
unsure, a necron one? :scratchhead:

#6 ·
best self-evident statement ever :laugh:

#5 ·
maybe, but i need read those

#15 ·
#8 ·
i wasn't going to use it in tournies or anything, just casual

#9 ·
There's been a few I've googled that basically was an Imperial Knight, using the unfished skull face. The main gun was the one from a... Doomsday Ark. I think that's the kit. It's a huge gun, perfect size for an Imperial Knight's arm.

If I had to stat out a Necron Knight, I'd probably make it standard armor 13/12/12 and give it Quantum Shielding, instead of the Ion Shield. Some massive Tesla or Gauss cannon, or maybe even the Death Ray. Shoulder mounted Gauss Blaster or Telsa Blaster (same optoins as an Immortal). And replace the Destroyer Chainblade with a special Destroyer Warscythe.

#10 ·
The problem with quantum shielding is that the rules don't increase the front and sides by 2 anymore, they just make make them a flat 13 front and side. So at best, quantum shielding would just make it 13/13/12.

In complete honesty, I can't picture Necrons using a giant, humanoid shaped walker, ala the Imp. Knight. I think it would be more Canoptek themed and be more of a giant insectoid.

That said, the suggested weapon armaments would make for a good substitute for a Necron-themed Knight. A Destroyer Warscythe would need some work though as the biggest selling point for those would be the Armorbane rule, which is nullified by being a D weapon. Perhaps it can have a sweep attack sort of rule, in that it trades all of its attacks for one sweep attack, but it hits all models in base contact within it's forward arc.

#14 ·
what im aming for is t5o use the bottom for legs of a stalker, the back rib cage thing of the ark, then use the big legsa of the swtalker as arms, then the "cockpit" of the anihilation barge as the head.

#16 ·
the titan will have 4 legs to stand on, then a rib cage, then 2 large pointy arms, the on said arms, there will be an assortment of Necron weaponry, the spare warriors might go on the back of the model, the head of the model will be a catacomb command barge, then the gun from the ark will be on an arm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.