Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Master Weapon Codex?

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Capt.Al'rahhem 
#1 ·
I am a 40k newb, so please forgive my ingnorance here but...

Is there some sort of book or guide I can get that lists all the weapons and their profiles? My 5th Edition book and my Witch Hunter codex do not list the profiles on all the weapons I can use and regardless, I would like to find some master reference on all the weapons so I can see what will be used against my sisters as well. Anyone have some suggestions?

#3 · (Edited)
In the back of the main rule book is the "reference" section listing all races with troop types, weapons and vehicles.

It starts on page: 290 in the big rule book and page: 98 in the small AOBR rule book.

Not everything is listed though as some codices came out after the 5th ed rule book was printed. Example is the Thunderfire Cannon for Space Marines. But it is for the most part complete and accurate.

Hope that helps.

#4 ·
Yikes, what a moron I come off as. I suppose I should've checked the table of contents before bugging you guys! I never made it past the many many pages of sexy pics to stumble into the reference section! :shok:

#6 ·
Just know that the reference lists in the back of the main book do not include special rules and descriptions.

For those you need to own the codex. Your WH codex should have full descriptions and special rules on the weapons that need them.

There was a book called "Wargear" produced a while back that had descriptions and special rules for weapons and equipment in it, but it's mostly outdated by now.

#8 ·
There was a book called "Wargear" produced a while back that had descriptions and special rules for weapons and equipment in it, but it's mostly outdated by now.
And there will be again, looksee here: [ame="http://www.amazon.de/Games-Workshop-04040199015-Codex-Wargear/dp/B000FCLSEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1234250640&sr=8-2"]Codex Wargear [40-13]: Amazon.de: Spielzeug[/ame]

#7 ·
Yeah I was kinda hoping for something that had some pics and descriptions too, mostly for visual identification and such. But the reference list has taken care of me for the moment.

#13 ·
The Codex: Wargear would still be good for the pictures and fluff and with the master charts and the rulebook you should have all you need.

#10 ·
Well, it will be released in two days, so I don't think it will be the old book... but who knows?

#11 ·
could be it only just got translated to that language.
Does look like the same cover as the old one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.