Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Stugmeisters Artwork

72K views 248 replies 69 participants last post by  linkinwater 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Unfortunately I don't get to game much these days, maybe four or five games of Epic a year in fact! :shok:

Anyway, I love GW's fluff for their various universes and being a keen artist I love to do GW fan-art.

Here's some of my work. I'll be posting more during the next week or so.

CSM Decimator

Cadian Charge

Eldar Jetbike Attack

See less See more
Reactions: skate1600
#232 ·
Thanks for the thumbs up chilledmonkeybrains! :)

I can see what you mean about the Ork Warlord - I think the pad on his hand might be making it look like he has an extra joint in his finger.

#233 ·
As some of you may know, I've been working on some artwork for a certain Minnesota-based games company. I did a couple of pics for them back in the summer and I finally received my complimentary book. :)

Behold! Two pics for Fantasy Flight Games!!!
These were done for their Deathwatch supplement, The Outer Reach. I am mightily chuffed to have been given the opportunity to work with these guys. ;D

Reactions: Warpath
#234 ·
AoLS: Five to Midnight

This was another pic I've done for FFG. Created for Deathwatch: Ark of Lost Souls - [http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3611]

© FFG/Games Workshop

I just received a comp copy of the book I did a couple illustrations for, I think this is about 7 months old.

Reactions: Doelago
#237 ·
Guilty?

Imperial Guardsmen stand in front of the firing squad. Guilty or not, each man betrays a different emotion.

This is a commission, it took me about ten hours overall in PS CS1. I'm really happy with how their faces have turned out; facial expressions are difficult for me to paint usually.

#238 ·
Orks and Their Animosity

This is a commission piece that I painted for someone's wedding! It was a surprise gift to a 40k-Ork-lovin' groom. :)

I painted this at A3 size, it took over fifteen hours to paint in PS CS1. I rather enjoyed painting Orks doing what they do best - beating the crap out of each other. :D

#239 ·
The Chaos Engine

Fan-art of the AWESOME Amiga game The Chaos Engine. The game has got to be one of my all-time favourite games! The music was fantastic when you started the game and I really loved the gritty steampunk aesthetic. I always played as the Brigand, generally paired him up with the Mercenary.

This was painted in PS CS1, took me about eight and a half hours overall.

#242 ·
Hi guys,

Again I was asked by the Epic UK guys to paint some pics for their Grand Tournament. They use these as prizes for Best Army, Best General etc.

Titan Legion on the March

Eldar Avatar

Painted in Photoshop CS1, they both took me about ten hours each.

I've been going through a really tough time these past couple of months, and found working on this and the other Epic-UK commission helped pull me through.

#243 ·
Here are three commission images I recently completed for a client.

He wanted Adept Nemo from Warmachine to be painting a miniature, a Vietnam war correspondent to be writing notes and finally an Eldar Farseer and Ultramarine character to be playing a tabletop wargame (looks like EPic to me). I'm really happy with the hands and the folds of the clothes on these pics.

The image was for the client's website; http://www.miniwars.co.uk please check it out!

MiniWars - Farseer and Ultramarine's Wargame

MiniWars - 'Nam Reporter

MiniWars - Farseer and Ultramarine's Wargame

#244 ·
Wh40K: Rune Priest

Again I had the privilege to paint the two prizes for Epic-UK's Grand Tournament this year; this being the first.

Painted in Photoshop CS1, took me around eight hours.

Wh40K: Iron Warriors Assault

...and this being the second. :)

Painted in Photoshop CS1, took me maybe twelve hours overall?

Reactions: Haskanael
#246 ·
Ork Gunwagon

This has taken me around six hours to colour-up and paint - as always using PS CS1. I drew the original biro sketch years ago!

This painting is probably going to be my last Photoshop painting. I'm upgrading to a new Mac this week and will be leaving Adobe behind. I'll look at what's out there, give a few programs a go and see what works best for me. I can't afford to upgrade.

#247 ·
I looked back through the last few pages and your di nice work. It's impressive to see your skill improving with each composition.

As for programs you might check out GiMP which is similar, and free. Corel Painter is also an excellent platform.

Keep up the good work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.