Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Heresy Subscriptions

2M views 191 replies 105 participants last post by  Battman 
#1 ·
Heresy Subscriptions

In recent months Heresy Online has gone from strength to strength, from starting out less than a year ago we now attract over 14 million hits a month. Many of the people we encounter day to day through Games Workshop games have heard of or are familiar with the site, including running into guys in local stores, clubs and tournaments that are already members.

Apart from the amazing sense of community we have, one thing that sets us apart and those who enjoy the site cherish the most is how user friendly we are and how awesome our additional “features” are. It has always been our goal to give the best forum experience possible to our members, myself and Jezlad have always felt that if we are going to build a Warhammer 40k forum, then it had better be the best. So far we’re extremely happy and proud of the community you guys have built in such a short time frame.

In order to keep pushing ourselves and help us deliver the best we are happy to announce our Heresy Subscriber membership scheme.

This is a great way for members to help us sustain the forum and aid our constant strive towards perfection.
If you feel that you get at least £15 worth of enjoyment out of heresy-online.net per year, we ask that you please consider helping the site by subscribing.

Remember there is absolutely no obligation to become a subscriber, its just an awesome way for our members to help give back to the rest of the community.

What is the money used for?
All proceeds will go towards supporting the site, adding new features (many of the additional features we add cost upwards of $100 a go), software & hardware upgrades, as well as monthly server/bandwidth fees and competition prizes.

Will my supporter status expire?
Server costs are ongoing from day one of the site going live. As such your supporter status will expire exactly one month or one year from the date your subscription began, depending on the length and type of subscription you initially signed up for. Alternatively you may opt for a recurring payment that continues your subscription until you cancel it.
For a small monthly payment of only £1.50 or £15.00 for the year you will receive our undying gratitude and the following Heresy Online benefits,

Supporters will each receive:
  • A custom Title
  • Access to the private Endgame forums
  • Triple PM storage. (150 Messages)
  • A larger avatar (150 x 150px)
  • A larger profile picture (150 x 150px)
  • A Supporter icon will be displayed under their username
  • YouTube! Video Avatars
  • All subscribers usernames will be displayed in blue bold text.
  • Google adverts are blocked and don't show for supporters.
    [*]Finally, all supporters will be listed alongside the staff on the forum leaders page.
Purchasing a supporter subscription does not grant immunity to the forum rules. Refunds cannot be paid to banned members.

How do I subscribe?
A link to the paid subscription page is given on the left hand side of your usercp (at the bottom in the Miscellaneous section). Alternatively you can access the page here Paid Subscriptions. Users have the option of signing up for a single or recurring payment.

Other ways of contributing
There are other ways to contribute to the site, apart from all the wonderful pic’s, army help, idea’s and comments you share with other members of the boards.

Thanks to all of you for your generosity, both in the past and in the future.
Again we can't stress enough that there is no obligation to become a subscriber. Its just a nice way to say thanks and helps keep the forum online.

If you have any questions or queries please contact Jezlad

SUPPORT HERESY ONLINE - CLICK HERE

Please be aware that some of the themes discussed in the Endgame forum are adult by nature. The area is hidden to regular users and therefore we let some of the rules slide.

See less See more
#6 ·
Suggestion.

For a paid subscribors, all advertisements should be removed. So regular users and guests see them, but paid subscribors do not.

That's one of the nicest ways to say thanks to your premium members, it is also is a motivtor to get more subscriptions

#9 ·
Yeah that is a damn good idea.

#10 ·
I just made a donation, if I;d have known subscriptions were going to come up I'd have waited ;-P

#22 ·
Remember guys, subscribing is an option, you don't have to sign up, and you aren't missing out on any of the features you had before if you can't or dont want to.

The costs involved in running a site like this do mount up. At some point a dedicated server will be needed. Plus all the additional feature we've been adding do cost money. People don't write these scripts for free. We have one large addon that cost over $100 and many more for slightly less.

We're not forcing anyone to pay or blocking anything that you had before, we're just giving people who use the site and enjoy all the benefits of the time, effort and money that's put into it the option say thanks and help out by subscribing.

To continue to improve the site we need to upgrade the server. Our script query limit is almost reaching critical.

We're grateful for all your continued ideas and suggestions. Without them the site wouldn't advance. However, the google adsense and advertising are a small price to pay for the long term plans and future of the site. Visiting adsense links generates income for the site and helps ensure its longevity and gives the admin team the ability to purchase and install the countless features that set us apart from the rest.

Anyone that wishes to assist the site by means other than donating can join our Recon Team.

Jez

#26 ·
Hmm trying to subscribe (promised i'd do it after 100 posts) But paypal is screwing me around. I seems to think i've already registered my card when i havent? This is a new card. I'll keep trying but i'm getting pissed off.

#27 ·
24 hours and one giant hair-pullling-out session later and i've finally got the payment through! Yay me. Screw paypal!

#28 ·
welcome to the subscribers club :) good to see people giving back, so we can continue to grow the community

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.