Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Stugmeisters Artwork

72K views 248 replies 69 participants last post by  linkinwater 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Unfortunately I don't get to game much these days, maybe four or five games of Epic a year in fact! :shok:

Anyway, I love GW's fluff for their various universes and being a keen artist I love to do GW fan-art.

Here's some of my work. I'll be posting more during the next week or so.

CSM Decimator

Cadian Charge

Eldar Jetbike Attack

See less See more
Reactions: skate1600
#11 ·
Thanks Graf Spee! :)

You don't see the Imperator much in GW's artwork, and when you do it's generally static. I wanted to show that is can actually move! ;)

I've got a lotta pics to share - I'll try and post some more up later. :victory:

#21 ·
damn. nice again. what software do you use? and how about a full blown old school gorgon assault? what kind of vehicle is it in the picture? i don't seem to recognize it. and could you do some old epic warhound in motion (remember that mark gibbons pic, with the marine running through its legs)? sorry, so many questions.

#22 ·
Thanks mate! :D

I use Photoshop CS1 with a wacom graphics tablet on my Mac Mini. :)

I'm going to leave the Kreig alone for the moment - they've kinda burnt me out! I've done a lot of artwork for this book with each pic taking around 8 hours each. :lazy2:

Thanks for the ideas sir - they always come in handy. I'm going to try and move away from Imperial stuff for the time being. I need to concentrate on getting faces and anatomy correct.

#23 ·
Hi guys,

I've been in a bit of a creative trough recently. After doing all those Epic Siege pics I think I burnt myself out a bit! :lol:

Anyway, I set myself a little project to get back into the swing of things. Therefore I'm going to be trying my hand at each House of the Necromundan Underhive!

Here's a WIP of my latest pic...

1hr 30mins work

Does anybody know what the Cawdor house symbol is? Or whereabouts I might find it?

#27 ·
again taking a closer look at your last work. you managed to capture a very realistic light and shadow play. nice highlights from background lighting. thumbs up.

#28 ·
Ok, final image here!

Cawdor Heavy

4 hours in PS CS1

I'm happy with how this has turned out, although I am slightly annoyed with myself that I haven't managed to put enough of their house symbol in there - although you can see it in his ear-ring, necklace and purity seal.

#29 ·
I love it, but I have no idea what the word on the bottom of his coat says, help me Stugmeister.

#31 ·
Well my guess was 'Rebels', I was way off. Thanks Stug, great work as always.

#33 ·
FoK forums??? BoFF!???? :unsure:

I am known as Stugmeister on ALL forums that grace the interweb. There must be another dude out there who does similar artwork? :victory:

Or else someone has been posting my work up without me knowing it..... :threaten:

#36 ·
Here's a WIP of my next ganger from house....

(drumroll)

Delaque!!! :D

This is 30 mins work so far, still lots to do! What do you guys think about the laspistol and silenced stubgun/revolver? Do they work?

#39 ·
Crickey, that's a lot of artwork!!! That must've taken ages to trawl the interweb!!

nice work again. almost wanna start playing necromunda..
love your pic in blasphears forum, the one with the disabled ragnarok. but seems like someone nicked your pics without saying thanks or sorry..
I love Necro, I wish I could play it again too. :)

It does look like bugger all has been said - having said that I don't think any of the other guys have been named either.:stop:

Anyway, here's the finished Delaque!

Delaque Ganger

3hrs in PS CS1.

I spent a bit more time actually looking at the proportions for this one. I'm quite happy with how he's come out. :)

#38 ·
nice work again. almost wanna start playing necromunda..
love your pic in blasphears forum, the one with the disabled ragnarok. but seems like someone nicked your pics without saying thanks or sorry..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.