Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

New Releases: Stormcast Prosecutors and Knights

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Myen'Tal 
#1 · (Edited)
Some new Stormcast releases are en-route, and since these are likely going to be the last Stormcast releases for some time, it's fitting that this is the biggest one since the initial release;

The Stormcast Prosecutor kit is the first, and this time Grandaxes, Grandhammers, twin hammers and Storm Javelins are weapon options for these fine models. But in addition we also have the Knight-Azyros, which appears to be an airborne Castellan of some kind, and the Knight-Venator as an airborne archer. I VERY MUCH like these Knight kits and will definitely be getting at least a Knight-Venator.

LotN

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha, I just ordered the first wave of my Stormcast yesterday XD. Oh well, Prosecutors are a little out of my budget anyway, being $60 USD. But I have to admit, they have one of the coolest kits in the Stormcast army. Those Hoplon Shields and javelins look soo good :). I think I prefer the knight Venatos over the flying Castellan. I will have to pick up that one and some Prosecutors down the road.

#4 ·
Them upgrade kits would explain the different shields that appeared then quickly disappeared on the website the other month. (I think it was on the Celestial Thunder set.)

Very nice models, but its nice to see the Stormcast stuff come to an end, hopefully we'll see some other faction getting new releases sometime.

#5 ·
Venator is beautiful. Azyros looks like flying version of Castellant. And I quite like those icarus steampunk wings.
I am really tempted more and more to buy some models, each time new Stormcast sets are released.
Default gold/blue scheme is nice but at the same time somehow plain and boring.

#7 ·
Honestly, I think they're starting to drag the aesthetic out a little too much. I get that they're just souls in suits of armour and they should look the same, and you need a uniform look to an army, but I don't know what the difference is between these flying guys and the other flying guys. Even between the two of these new units, some have swords and the others have swords on sticks in two hands, and painted up I have to look quite carefully to see what they actually are.

#8 ·
I don't know what the difference is between these flying guys and the other flying guys.
Same kind of differences between an Assault Squad and a Vanguard squad. Their armor is more detailed with flashier bits, their weapons are more advanced and they have unique features of veterancy across the figure. But they are still recognizably of the same class they originate from.

One interesting part though is exactly what these units are meant to do. The Knight-Azyros is an airborne Castellan and is obviously meant to support Liberators in the same way a Castellan would. While the Knight-Venator is an airborne Judicator and is meant to lead squads of them in ranged volleys.

LotN

#9 ·
I was reading up on the Stormcast Battletome and it mentions having 17 Warscrolls, which is the entire Stormcast range apparently. Right now, we have 15 Warscrolls including the kits on preorder now. So this upcoming week is going to be last release for Stormcast, I think. One more knights box. Also, for those interested, black library has an art picture of the last new kit, a hero with bad*** banner. Just click on the Stormcast Battletome book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.