Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Guildball Teams

9K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  Sigur 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, back on the Fantasy side of things now, painting minis for Guild Ball.

As far as I read it's less like Blood Bowl (despite being similar in theme) and more like Malifaux/Warmahordes with a ball.

I'm working on a Butcher's Guild team and a Mortician's Guild team, starting with the Butcher's. (I have no idea what's going on with these apostrophes, but the designers write it like that, so I assume the guilds were the idea of some butcher/mortician each of whom now runs their own guild rather than having a guild of butchers/etc.).

Here's the test mini, the Butchers (I'll just refer to them as 'butchers' and 'morticians' from now on if that's okay):

Hope you like the guy. There's 7 models to each team (including mascots).

See less See more
#4 ·
@Relise: :D Thanks for the comment! Have fun!

Here's a random WIP Space Marines special character:

...and here are some WIP test figures for the Morticians:

...aaaand there's another thing I probably shouldn't say (I probably shouldn't say anything but positive marketing drone crap), but I may have messed up on the colour scheme there. :D The order was "make 'em grey and purple". I also wanted to make them dark to fit their guild and to contrast the brighter Butchers. Between the grey clothes, the grey NMM metal, the black and the dark/dull purple I'm not sure if they aren't a little boring to look at. I'm pretty sure I'll stick to the colour scheme for the most part, but maybe tweak it a little by adding green bits. I really like those stripey things over the eyes as seen on the dude with the mask. Maybe that's a thing I'll carry through the whole team. Maybe i'll make it green when it's on purple masks or black or purple when it's painted on faces. What do you think?

#21 · (Edited)
@wide_ocean: Thanks. Yeah, the minis are rather... well, quite a bit over the top characterful. :D

Here's the Alchemists team in a rather serious state of work in progress:

Fun fact from my sad, miniatures-determined life: The night after having started painting the little robot fella named Flask (I started painting him along with the test mini) he popped up in my dreams! Completely unrelated dream stuff happened, all of a sudden I see the little robot mini in my hand and quite a lot of nasty flesh colour had splooged across it! Very upsetting after all the NMM painting more or less done on that model.

Sure, nothing is as boring as other people telling your about their dreams, but I felt like it was totally worth mentioning. ;)

#23 ·
Okay, since the Alchemists are done for now I went on to do some odds and ends which got added to the Butchers and Morticians in season 2.

Here's Tenderiser:

Thought he was done, but then I spotted a few bits which needed doing in the photos.

At the same time, I started painting Bonesaw:

Hope you like them. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.