Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Legion of frikkan dragons!

12K views 37 replies 4 participants last post by  mrknify 
#1 ·
My everblight have been in for 3 days now....

Brown and yellow brown and yellow!

Lol. Base coat brown as brown is the new black. All the flesh will be yellow. The plates I am going with a natural leather look.

Need to be finished my 15 points for this weeks first game of hoards ever! Kinda excited.

So far I have the starter w/ lylyth a carnavon 2x raeks and a forsaken for my 15 pts. I have the 4 shredders I may use for the next set. Still undecided what I want to bring them up to 50 pts.

Prospects:
Something flying, angelus is looking good, maybe barriers also.
Shepherds will be a must.
1-2 units of troops, looking at raptors, Legionaires and warmongers.

C&C welcome.

I'm not looking to build an op list but as a new player to warmachine / hoards I'm not adverse to dirty tricks.

Cheers.

See less See more
#2 ·
your dragon feticism is appeased! :laugh: let's see how they evolve from "brown and yello brown and yellow" :wink:

#4 ·
he's quite menacing! good work!

#10 ·
Those are actually some good models and well painted too!

#13 ·
Lovely bone effect! about the bases, just some bush here and there, a couple of small rocks and they are gold.

#16 ·
They chased lylyth around a bit, deciding running works best, narrowly escaped two of the ogre things. They persued, she ran again but did not make it this time....

After the game we tested to see if she had survived her last move. Lylyth had line of sight on the enimy caster, fired her shot. The enimy warcaster goes down!! But makes makes his tough save. Awe.

Great first game, no terrain made it a bit funny. All in all I learned a lot about movement attacking etc... I am ready for my second game.

Both armys fought well trolls losing 2 warders and a kriel stone bearer. One warder was lost to a furious mauler.

And now the casters....

I did not manage to finish lylyth or my forsaken for the battle but the will be done soon.

#19 ·
can't really comment on the highlights due to pic quality, but she seems damn hot! pretty bright leather there, i like it

#23 · (Edited)
I agree, I really like the muted and earthly theme you got going here. It shows that you can get a good theme going with a limited palette and without too many fancy techniques, which is usually what scares people away from getting better; They are too scared to try out all the fancy stuff.

Big thumbs up from my end Knify :good:

#24 ·
The layering is really easy too.

1 base coat (brown is the new black)

2 main colour (darkest shade)

3 lighter shade, no highlights yet.

4 wash.

5 lighter shades; dry brushing.

6 ink / thin wash or blend wash.

7 lighter dry brushing and highlights.

8 little details.

9 play playstation.

10 basing.

Of course this can be simplified by...

1 base

2 lighter shades

3 washes

4 touchups / dry brush

5 washes again if needed.

Done. (Then base)

Cheers.

#26 ·
Playing tomorrow, need to get some guys ready.

Unfortunately I will no longer be playing a fully painted force,to boost from 15 to 25 I am adding a neraph (will be magnetized for swapping to seraph) spawning vessel, blighted spears and spear chief.

Having some shredders ready to spawn also. Its a bit to do but I will get it done before months end. (I hope)

Cheers.

#27 ·
Rants and rave about the neraph kit....
Tail was molded into the body(interfered with how it actually attached) but the resin with enough hot water was easily re shaped! Pretty handy.
Same issue with the large wings, will be trying the hot water trick again, this will be a bit more tricky...

Over all I really like the kit, looks great and will be really easy to magnetize.

#30 ·
Plastic eh? Seems good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.