Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Chaos dwarfs, books and how they get on with other dwarfs?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Haskanael 
#1 ·
Hi all.

There appears to be very little fluff or info on how Chaos and Normal dwarfs view each other or any interactions they have had. Anyone got any knowledge?

Also are there any novella featuring the Chaos Dwarfs?

#2 ·
Nothing that features Chaos dwarfs come to mind but you can find them in a couple of the Gotrek novels as villains. If I remember correctly Road of Skulls is one (though that book gets pretty mixed reviews). As to your question, dwarfs absolutely hate their fallen kin. They are a stain on the race that no dwarf can tolerate. Chaos dwarfs are no more fond of regular dwarfs either, though they seem more focused on gathering slaves, building infernal war machines and just being twisted, evil mockeries of that proud race than fulfilling grudges.

#3 ·
Chaos dwarves also appear in Werner's Wulrik novel, but only for a few chapters if I remember correctly as Wulfrik and co. are globetrotting at a fast pace. I don't remember anything about their relationship with other dwarves being mentioned.

I would also suggest the forge world book Tamurkhan.

#4 ·
they don't get on with other dwarves. in the dwarven kingdoms they are a taboo. and not to be spoken off, all the clans/family lines that turned to chaos have been stricken from records. they where briefly mentioned in one of the gotrek and Felix novels.
they are also covered in the warhammer 3rd edition rulebook.
here's a list of mentions and sources.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chaos_Dwarf_References

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.