Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Ork Dread Mob

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  The Sullen One 
#1 ·
Going to play this weekend (Feb 15&16) with a Dread Mob from IA8, so tell me what you think

HQ
Big Mek with Kustom Mega Blast-50pt

Troops
20 Spanna Boyz with Shootaz-120pt
20 Spanna Boyz with Shootaz-120pt
3 Deff Dreadz with Big Shoota and Shorcha-225pt

Fast Attack
5 Kill Kanz 3 with Big Shoota 2 with Shorcha-200pt
5 Kill Kans 1 with Big Shoota 2 with Shorcha 2 with Grotzooka-210pt

Heavy Support
8 Lootas-120pt
1 Mega Dread with 2 Shoota and 2 Rippa Clawz-175pt

That should be 1250, and 14 walkers coming at someone!!

#2 ·
Quite late reply, but it was unanswered, so must answer. Even though it is proably pointless and out of date.

List looks decent though, decent amount of damage resistent walkers, i think the ratio of walkers to boys. Lots resistance to damage but maybe not much damage it can inflict, particularly at any kind of range. Then there is the inate weaknesses of this style of list, lack of manuverability, slow Initive in combat taking a few turns before you can ingage properly.

That is about all.

#3 ·
with Kanz i tend to use rokkits as they are BS 3 so are your best bet to fire them. scorchers are wasted on kanz as they are a close range weapons better used on your dreads for as they get into assault. this list would suffer versus armour no big hitting damage that is where your rokkits would come into play. also you should really run your bigmeks with KFF to give your walkers a bit of protection during the advancing and also the ability to repair as required to keep those walkers in tip top condition.

#4 ·
Backing up Woodzee's comments, I'd drop your lootas to five. In my experience running larger Loota units tends to get them shot up too quickly. In addition, you could use the spare points to add in more Grotzookas and Rokkit Launchas. Also can Spanner Boyz take Rokkit Launchas? If so it's worth considering as Big Shootas are wasted against anything better than armour 10/5+ armour saves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.