Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The Gunslinger's Project Log

13K views 121 replies 21 participants last post by  The Gunslinger 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals, decided to make this project log to show my mediocre progress on all my projects, so here you are, hope you enjoy and all criticism is welcome.

Cheers,
The Gunslinger

#3 ·
Hile gunslinger! I like your color scheme quite a bit, although it looks like in that closeup picture the light is washing out some of your highlights. Nice crisp, clean style, especially on the tank.
I am sorry about the loss, hopefully you'll be able to replace them.

Long days and pleasant nights.

#4 ·
I suffer from the same issues with images when I take photos, typical northern english weather. Instead of using flash (like your close up) try and cobble together a cheap light box (A4 white paper and a box top works well) and having a well lit room.

Hope that they eventually turn up so that you can use your lost in the warp fluff.

#6 ·
Vampire Counts

As my sig may suggest iv been working on a vampire counts army whilst doing my space marines, and since their disappearance they have made a jump to the foreground.

My plan is to have one horde of 40 spear armed skeletons, the first few are made here:

And a necromancer to keep that big unit up to full strength:

Cheers thanks

#8 ·
Traitor Space Wolves

Hey guys, to replace my space marines im going to start a Space wolves army that has gone renegade, lead by a possessed Rune Priest.
Picked up both battleforces to give me a decent basis in troops with lots of kit bashing:

And here is the army list, more pictures as I get them done.

Rune Preist
Chooser of the Slain

Wolf Preist
MeltaBombs

Dreadnought
Heavy Flamer, Wolftooth Necklace, Plasma Cannon

Scouts x5
Meltagun
wolfguard leader, Melta Bombs, Combi Melta

GreyHunters x5
Flamer
Razorback, Twin Lascannons
Wolfguard leader

GreyHunters x5
Meltagun
Razorback, Twin Assualt Cannons
Leader, Wolf Claw

Grey Hunters x9
Meltagun
Rhino
Leader, Powerfist

GreyHunters x8 (rune preist)
Meltagun, Wolf standard
Rhino
Leader, Frost axe, combi melta

Bloodclaws x9 (wolf preist)
Flamer
Rhino

Landspeeder (multi melta)

Landspeeder (multi melta)

Longfangs x6
5x Missile Launcher
Rhino

Longfangs x6
5x Missile Launcher
Rhino

Vindicator

Cheers,
The Gunslinger

#12 ·
High Elves

Due to imminent release of 6th edition iv decided to put my space wolves on hold just in case I need to make any changes in the army list.
So to keep me occupied until then iv re started my High elves from last years Storm of Magic tournament at my local gw, so iv bought some new models and have created a new paint scheme.

First up is my Spearmen unit, which will later become a mini horde of 32 spearmen, all of which can fight:

And my Sentinel, which iv used spare parts from elsewhere to make more unique:

My archer unit will probably be made smaller as my list gets finalised, but until then here it is:

And my Hawkeye, again tried to make it look special:

Cheers, the Gunslinger

#19 ·
Its hard to see in the picture but they are based with mourn mountain snow.
Im not sure what made me want to go snow themed when i first did them last year and now im not sure. i just left it for now because i seemed to have based about 30 bases ready.

what do you think? should i look to change? i dont really have an established fluff yet either so thats not helping make the decision for me

#29 ·
Whilst i have been trying to decide what style of basis to use for my army i'v realised that i also need to start thinking about a theme for my army. Anyway i think i want to do a Lahmian army with a converted Isabella at its head. really like the model, not so sure about the head though.
All the fluff i'v read seems to suggest that Lahmian armys are often more like a tomb kings force so was considering getting some tomb kings shields of a bits site and try and create a tomb kings style force whilst still using the new better skeletons.
I was also considering using the tomb guard models instead of grave guard.
What does everybody think?
Cheers

#30 ·
Here is the new base style im going to use.

I found a great tutorial for basing so they should look much better now. I have some dead grass for the other ones but the necromancer's has a lot going on as it is so im going to leave it the way it is.

Iv also nearly finished the necromancer and another 9 Skeletons now that all the bugs have been worked out so should have more to show by tonight.

Cheers,
The Gunslinger

#32 ·
Looks good, very neat and tidy. I think a few washes would really make it pop though. Sepia on the cream of his cloak, agrax earthshade on the brown, badab black on the staff, and maybe a very light blue or green on the face to portray how unhealthy a necromancer should be would be a good start. You jthen just highlight with the original colour. Very simple, but very effective. I find washes have helped a lot of painters raise their game a notch or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.