Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Questoris knight magaera

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Brother Cato 
#1 ·
QUESTORIS KNIGHT MAGAERA

Magaera type Knights are most often used as shock assault units, breaching the most heavily defended enemy positions, while shrugging off heavy weapons fire and self-repairing even devastating weapon strikes in a few minutes. To aid in this role it is armed with a complex lightning cannon, using focussed electro-magnetic beams to vaporise infantry and blast apart armour.

Designed by Rob Macfarlane, the Questoris Knight Magaera is a complete multi-part resin and plastic kit and is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 26th September.

Rules for using the Questoris Knight Magaera have been uploaded to our Downloads section.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm waiting for the Mortis-version of a Knight. Ya know, two HUGE honking guns. I realize that at that point it's just two tanks... but I'd rather have one slick looking riflemen super dread. So wake me up when you can double-siege-cannon a Knight or some such.

#8 ·
From what I remember of the rules, it reminds me a bit of a Riptide. The lightning cannon is basically a Large Blast Ion cannon, and they replace the stubber with some other fancy ray gun that I forget off the top of my head. The shield is the same, and the chainsword (which frankly goes against ALL of the long range guns) can be upgraded to have the wrecker rule AND a rad cleanser.

Oh, and it has IWND.

#9 ·
On a glance, this Knight looks like a Anti Infantry mulcher. The Lightning Cannon's strength of 7 and an AP of 3 means the gun will barbeque anything not wearing Terminator Armor, and range 48" is nothing to sniff at. To diffrentiate it from the Paladin's cannon, it has less shots, but a bigger blast, Shred and Rending. A 5" blast with re-rolls to wound and ignoring armor on a six is nothing to sniff at.

It also has a Phased Plasma Fusil, which is in every step better than the piddly Stubbers carried by the Paladin and Errant. It might actually even kill something!

The thing comes by default with the Chainswords we know and love, but it's upgrade makes it even more lethal. The Siege Claw comes with Wrecker (a fairly "meh" rule that only works on fortifications and "immobile structures" (as opposed to structures capable of sprouting lets and walking around)), but the real reason anyone will take this upgrade is the Irradi-Clenser, because who doesn't like 2+ Wounding Flamer Templates?

Defensively, the Knight has a toned down It Will Not Die (restoring Wounds on a six rather than a 5+), and it's shield (which offers the same 4+ Invulnerable facing nonsense as most other Knights, but in addition also reduces the Strength of any attacks by one, by two if they are Blast or Template - which in turn is negated by Haywire or Strength D attacks) is rather interesting. It also adds +1 to any results on the Catastrophic Damage table.

In personal opinion, it is jockeying for position with the Knight Paladin. You could probably take both given the Magaera on paper is more suited for Horde Killing while the Paladin deals with harder targets, but even then it's a questionable investment for a Knight detachment, especially since these are hard capped by how many Paladins or Errants you have in a Knight Detachment.

Hopefully, the Knights Errantry list in the new HH book removes this cap. Otherwise, this Knight is an extremely questionable investment.

Looks cool though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.