Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heresy Online Army Painting Challenge 2012

18K views 206 replies 85 participants last post by  The Son of Horus 
#1 ·
After a short break I am happy to announce a return of the Heresy Online army painting challenge. It proved very popular last year with many poeple vowing to complete this years challenge. The challenge will run from March 2012 to Feburary 2013.

The idea is for people who have problems keeping motivated when painting an army, to work towards painting a unit a month for a year, which should allow a whole 40k or Fantasy army to be created.

As with the last challenge it is important note that this is not a competition. There is no prize at the end if you complete the entire challenege. The real reward is that you will have a fully painted army.

The Challenge Rules

At the beginning of each month I am going to open a new thread for the challenge. Post a picture of the unit before it has been painted. A picture of the completely painted unit needs to be posted before the end of the month. At the end of the month the thread will be closed.

I’ll post a thread with all the months completed entries each month and list the number of entries each person in the challenge has completed.

There is nothing stopping you from creating your own WIP thread if you want to, but to meet the challenge you need to post a completed unit in the challenge thread. And just like gaming there is no point cheating on this, you are only cheating yourself.

The definition of a unit for this is a squad, a character, monstrous creature, a vehicle or squadron of vehicles. This can be a 40K or WHF army. The army does not have to be ‘new’, so an army that has been started is fine, just remember the point is to paint 10 or 11 units.

IMPORTANT - Units need to be from the same codex/army book. However like last year I will allow people to change armies once during the entire year. So if you start with Eldar, you could change to Space wolves half way through, but that will be the only other change you can make.

The challenge is to enter units so that you can have a nicely painted army at the end. I do not expect the entire army to FOC legal. There is no hard and fast rules about what will be acceptable over the course of the challenge but you should stick to the spirit of the challenge. Do not, for example, enter 10 single minature HQ choices over 10 months and expect it to constitute an army. I do keep an eye on what peopel are entring and will let you know if you are no keeling to the spirit of the challenge.

Everybody entering the challenge will be allowed to have two 'Too much real life to paint!' tickets that they can use. This means you can have two months in the year where we will not expect any pictures of painted mini's. You will just need to post the ticket instead of a unit picture. I will keep trackof when these are used.

If your interested, post here and let us all know what army you are going to do. I’ll start the new thread on the 1st of March.

Any question let me know.

See less See more
#7 ·
Excellent! I am currently torn between the warrior kings of Ultramar and the Black Templars, but this is an issue which should be easily resolved. :)

#16 ·
The Beacons!, The Beacons are lit, Heresy signals the start of a new painting challenge!

And Barnster answers! Muster the brushes!

Right that said what to paint? Let me know what you guys think. Options are continue my Sons, VCs, Grey Knights, Necrons, High Elves, Tyranids, Orcs, or WoCs, PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.