Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

A Life of Adventure(Recruitment)

17K views 314 replies 14 participants last post by  Midge913 
#1 · (Edited)
Right, im restarting the roleplay again from the beginning to make everything much easier. Those who wish to join can do so, the following is the information on this roleplay. I will restart the action thread from the very beginning once all recruitment is done.

Introduction:

The Idea of this roleplay is slightly freedom based as the direction of which it heads depends on how the characters act and decide(you will have a bit of freedom in the roleplay in which direction it goes, but once that direction is chosen then i will put a storyline around it).

You are a group of friends who live in a village in the land of the Empire Known as Nordland. You and your friends have grown up together and the last 18 years of your life have been peaceful until one night the village is attacked by a small group of beastmen. Even though you and some other villagers survive your families weren't so lucky and were killed during the raid. You decide there is nothing left in the village for you anymore and decide to leave to explore the great wide world. You leave with your group of friends and head off into the wild and the rest of the world seeking adventure.

To begin with you will start off with the most BASIC of gear and weapons(which i will list) but as the story progresses and you earn gold you will be able to get better weapons. Magically weapons will be added in much much much later on when i decide to throw a powerful enemy at you, for example...a troll or ogre.

Your characters will all be HUMAN and will stay that way, you may get the chances later on to become something "more" like a chaos warrior or even a vampire, but that will complete depend on the roleplay you do and if you dont actively search for it.

Rules:
1) NO GODMODDING, if you god-mod i will inflict a punishment upon you which will either be the death of your character or a terrible deformity or even mutation.

2) Please respect the other people who are playing the characters in the roleplay.

3) I want a MINIMUM of a 5 line paragraph per post. If you do not follow this rule then there will be punishments if the length of your posts doesnt pick up within 3 of my posts/updates.

4) No killing/maiming/torturing other players characters without their permission.

5) When creating your character use the character sheet below.

Character Creation: Remember no character should always be perfect. You can have flaws if you want, but i dont want to see someone who is epically handsome, strong or powerful ect.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance: This includes eye colour, hair colour, facial features ect. (This can be a picture you have found, if you dont want to a picture or cant find one then type up what your character looks like. Pictures that are posted can be accompanied by writing if you want to explore his looks some more)
Height:
Weight:

Personality: I dont want to see people like "only speaks when spoken too" or "is always silent" because they are just boring. If you have flaws in your personality then it makes things fun.

Village Job: You can choose one of these if you wish, they are for characters who wish to be slightly 'specialized' when it comes to fight, but they wont be super strong or smart only 3 people can ask for a main village job, and their can only be one of each job, the main rule is first come first server but you need to ask ME for it. The village jobs are:

Blacksmith's apprentice
: You spent most of your days working with the local blacksmith making horseshoes and metal tools for working in the field. You are used to holding and using a hammer and your muscles are slightly larger than the normal villager due to hours and hours of hammering metal.

Small Game Hunter: You have spend most of your time on the outskirts of the village and slightly deeper into the forest around the village hunting small prey like rabbits, hairs, squirrels and wild birds. You are a reasonable shot when it comes to hitting small animals which are standing still.

Woodcutter: You spend most of your time on the outskirts of the village during the day cutting down tree's for firewood and building material. You are used to carrying around your woodman's axe and your muscle have grown slightly larger.

Background: You can include your job description in here aswell.

Weapons: Weapons will be only very basic but you can get different weapons later. You can choose from this list of weapons unless you are the: Woodcutter, Blacksmith, or Small Game hunter.

Weapon List: Small slightly rusted family blade, small hand axe, pointed stick/crude spear, butchers cleaver, knives, dagger.
Woodcutter weapon: Two-handed Woodman's axe.
Blacksmith: One(Or two) Blacksmith hammers.
Small Games Hunter: Oak bow and arrows.

Equipment: Your equipment will be basic. No plate mail or chain mail ect. More like leather boots and fur liked shirt, leather shirt and leggings ect. You also all MUST have the following: small tinder and flint box, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.

Im looking for around 5-7 people to join and that is the maximum.

1) Aldegar Vestergeist (Darkreever)
2) Alfred Wessen (Rodmillard)
3) Nysard R'lyeh (Komanko)
4) Kiera (Deathbringer)
5) Kai Stelios (Angel of blood)
6) Merovech Gilles (Traitorshand)
7) Benepal Brocksovinch (Samu3)
8) Felix Vonjaeger (CaptainFatty)

My character shall be up shortly as im remaking him and changing several things.

See less See more
#85 ·
With any luck this Last miniute posting thing wont last.
Oh well....Busy,Busy,Busy:read:

#86 ·
Extending update deadlines from 3 days to 5 to give everyone enough time to post. Next update will be Monday.

#87 ·
Update in 24 hours.(monday 25th at 5pm.)

#88 · (Edited)
Mine will be up sometime after six so I will update mine for both the Updates

EDIT* The other half of his Dream are planned so I will write it up for next update unless something important happenes

#90 ·
Not feeling overly well so im leaving the update until tomorrow.

#91 ·
Update is up. Next update will be on Sunday.

#92 ·
I'd just like to make a huge public apology. A very stressful time in my life has come about right now involving a sick rabbit a distraught mother a hectic work and uni schedule, exhaustion stress and now to top it all off a broken laptop

I really apologise for not posting not just in this rp but in all rps
My apologies i will endeavour to do better

#93 ·
All of you do know that im updating tomorrow dont you? seems no-one has posted in 4 days, so im going to give everyone till monday.

#95 ·
Quick question before my internet craps all over.
Can I replay to AldegarArkreever's question like I'm in his dream? Make something up.
Go for it. Im going to extend the deadline again until friday as: Euphrati, Angel of Blood and Samu3 need to post, if Deathbringer wants to be added back in a pc ill update for him aswell.

#96 ·
I'll be getting a post up today (this morning hopefully). This week/ weekend was uncountably busy for some reason.

#98 ·
going to leave the update until tomorrow because im abit too tired to update for ALOA right now, also gives time for darkreevver(if he wants to) to reply to his dream world conversation with Nysard/Komanko.

#99 ·
Alright update is up, next update will be next Sunday.

#101 · (Edited)
Im going to ask this now. Why are people feeding horses meat?

#103 ·
So far both you and benepal have fed your horse's meat in the roleplay when Horse's dont eat meat.

#106 ·
I dont remember posting that, My horse has not been feed at all as far as I know.

#104 ·
Then you should have wrote, fed your horses, not horse's. You got me confused XD SO LET THE HORSE DIE XD. I will feed him grass OK, should I edit that, or would you kindly just ignore it?

#105 ·
edit it please. The next person i see feeding their horse some meat is going to be teleported into the middle of a super nova, or turned into a chaos spawn.

#109 · (Edited)
I remember someone else feeding their horse some meat in an earlier update, i shall check.

Just checked, So far both Aldegar/Darkreever and Komako/Nysard have their their horses some meat, so from now on no feeding horses meat.

#110 ·
Considering Aldegar's relative lack of experience in taking care of a horse, it should come as little surprise that he did not know that. But fine, every character has now magically obtained the knowledge that horses do not eat meat and woe be to any who play their character as they should...

#111 ·
The fact that horse's don't eat meat is common sense.

#112 ·
To who? I certainly did not know that before this week; I've seen all of two horses in my life and have no need to learn about them. So it may be common sense for anyone who has actually encountered them for a decent period of time, but for those who have not and know very little about them? Yeah I would rethink that notion.

And again, Aldegar's farm did not have any horses; so no using that as an excuse for why he should know it.

Any more information all of us should now magically know? Should Aldegar stop reffering to Heinrick as the stranger even though he does not actually know his name? (And thats because he walked away, and did not care to hear what the man had to say.)

#113 ·
Aldegar can call Hienrick by his name or Stranger, Hunter, ect it doesnt really matter but i would of thought that being a farm hand Aldegar has sometime in his life been asked to feed horse's hey/grass but -shrugs-. Sorry if i offended you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.