Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

A Life of Adventure(Recruitment)

17K views 314 replies 14 participants last post by  Midge913 
#1 · (Edited)
Right, im restarting the roleplay again from the beginning to make everything much easier. Those who wish to join can do so, the following is the information on this roleplay. I will restart the action thread from the very beginning once all recruitment is done.

Introduction:

The Idea of this roleplay is slightly freedom based as the direction of which it heads depends on how the characters act and decide(you will have a bit of freedom in the roleplay in which direction it goes, but once that direction is chosen then i will put a storyline around it).

You are a group of friends who live in a village in the land of the Empire Known as Nordland. You and your friends have grown up together and the last 18 years of your life have been peaceful until one night the village is attacked by a small group of beastmen. Even though you and some other villagers survive your families weren't so lucky and were killed during the raid. You decide there is nothing left in the village for you anymore and decide to leave to explore the great wide world. You leave with your group of friends and head off into the wild and the rest of the world seeking adventure.

To begin with you will start off with the most BASIC of gear and weapons(which i will list) but as the story progresses and you earn gold you will be able to get better weapons. Magically weapons will be added in much much much later on when i decide to throw a powerful enemy at you, for example...a troll or ogre.

Your characters will all be HUMAN and will stay that way, you may get the chances later on to become something "more" like a chaos warrior or even a vampire, but that will complete depend on the roleplay you do and if you dont actively search for it.

Rules:
1) NO GODMODDING, if you god-mod i will inflict a punishment upon you which will either be the death of your character or a terrible deformity or even mutation.

2) Please respect the other people who are playing the characters in the roleplay.

3) I want a MINIMUM of a 5 line paragraph per post. If you do not follow this rule then there will be punishments if the length of your posts doesnt pick up within 3 of my posts/updates.

4) No killing/maiming/torturing other players characters without their permission.

5) When creating your character use the character sheet below.

Character Creation: Remember no character should always be perfect. You can have flaws if you want, but i dont want to see someone who is epically handsome, strong or powerful ect.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance: This includes eye colour, hair colour, facial features ect. (This can be a picture you have found, if you dont want to a picture or cant find one then type up what your character looks like. Pictures that are posted can be accompanied by writing if you want to explore his looks some more)
Height:
Weight:

Personality: I dont want to see people like "only speaks when spoken too" or "is always silent" because they are just boring. If you have flaws in your personality then it makes things fun.

Village Job: You can choose one of these if you wish, they are for characters who wish to be slightly 'specialized' when it comes to fight, but they wont be super strong or smart only 3 people can ask for a main village job, and their can only be one of each job, the main rule is first come first server but you need to ask ME for it. The village jobs are:

Blacksmith's apprentice
: You spent most of your days working with the local blacksmith making horseshoes and metal tools for working in the field. You are used to holding and using a hammer and your muscles are slightly larger than the normal villager due to hours and hours of hammering metal.

Small Game Hunter: You have spend most of your time on the outskirts of the village and slightly deeper into the forest around the village hunting small prey like rabbits, hairs, squirrels and wild birds. You are a reasonable shot when it comes to hitting small animals which are standing still.

Woodcutter: You spend most of your time on the outskirts of the village during the day cutting down tree's for firewood and building material. You are used to carrying around your woodman's axe and your muscle have grown slightly larger.

Background: You can include your job description in here aswell.

Weapons: Weapons will be only very basic but you can get different weapons later. You can choose from this list of weapons unless you are the: Woodcutter, Blacksmith, or Small Game hunter.

Weapon List: Small slightly rusted family blade, small hand axe, pointed stick/crude spear, butchers cleaver, knives, dagger.
Woodcutter weapon: Two-handed Woodman's axe.
Blacksmith: One(Or two) Blacksmith hammers.
Small Games Hunter: Oak bow and arrows.

Equipment: Your equipment will be basic. No plate mail or chain mail ect. More like leather boots and fur liked shirt, leather shirt and leggings ect. You also all MUST have the following: small tinder and flint box, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.

Im looking for around 5-7 people to join and that is the maximum.

1) Aldegar Vestergeist (Darkreever)
2) Alfred Wessen (Rodmillard)
3) Nysard R'lyeh (Komanko)
4) Kiera (Deathbringer)
5) Kai Stelios (Angel of blood)
6) Merovech Gilles (Traitorshand)
7) Benepal Brocksovinch (Samu3)
8) Felix Vonjaeger (CaptainFatty)

My character shall be up shortly as im remaking him and changing several things.

See less See more
#56 ·
Commissar Horn:shok: I know the feeling:mad:

This latest Update is going off however!

#57 ·
Two things:

leaving you two and Benepal at the temple steps to get yourselves geared up
No, Aldegar left the temple steps already; he was heading to the stables in search of horses. I made sure to say this much in the first of my two posts because like a few of the others Aldegar is not just standing there talking.

Aldegar and Kai are still arguing
Think you mean Nysard, not Kai

#59 ·
Two things:

No, Aldegar left the temple steps already; he was heading to the stables in search of horses. I made sure to say this much in the first of my two posts because like a few of the others Aldegar is not just standing there talking.

Think you mean Nysard, not Kai
Sorry about that, typo ill edit that now.

#58 ·
Alright, update is up. Next update will be on Wednesday.

Right, the following is for if the group wishes to become something MORE than human:

I asked everyone in this rp to be human for a reason, it means that during your travels you can become something more than human (werewolf, vampire, chaos warrior ect). There will be points in the roleplay in which you can become any of these but there are limits to it.

You need to make a group decision about these things, if one of you falls to chaos so does everyone else. Vampires/Liches/Werewolves/Necromancers on the other hand, you can each become separately because you are all creatures of the night so you all have something in common and most likely a similar goal. Then again you can also remain on the path of good and become great hero's and champions of the empire in which you may get rewarded by one of the Elector counts or even Karl Franz himself.

Now, Magical weapons/Items: Yes there will be magical weapons within this roleplay but you will only get ONE each, and they wont all be weapons. For example Keira could stumble upon one of the nine books of Nagash(as only 5 are actually accounted for: 1 in the imperial vault, 1 with Neferata the vampire queen, 1 with Manfred von Castien, 1 with the vampire who has the title The Ever Living, and 1 with Hiemrick Khremllar).

Magical items/weapons will appear from time to time and to make things fair when they appear, first some first serve, though magical books/spell will of course be limited to Keira only(as she is the only one with magic).

#60 ·
Just wanted to note something about God-moding.

God-moding is forcing actions upon another character without their choice. Even something simple as ‘Jack shouted to Jill and she turned to look’ or ‘Bill threw a punch that hit Joe square in the face’ without gaining the player’s permission (or gm's in the case of a main npc character) to act (or react in the case of an attack) for their character is god-moding. Sometimes it is hard to avoid, but you always have to be aware that no matter how much You would like another character to do something… they are not your character and, in the end, you have no control over their actions.

This also goes for making choices for another character as well- 'Bill shouted over the battle to his squad brothers- "Cover me! I'm going in!" before advancing under a hail of covering fire... etc'. Although you might want the other characters to react to your character's request, you can't make that choice for them because you never know what they had in mind and, by forcing their choice, you have limited their ability to act as they wished.

The reason I wanted to say something about it is that I have noticed a lot of 'X runs up and hits Y' lately... a trend that I fear I might have started with my Dyanah's slapping of the main NPC. Not only did I speak to Revan before posting that, but I think we went back and forth half a dozen times with the details before I was given the go-ahead to include it actually landing in my post.

Just a bit of a pet peeve of mine I had to give voice :wink:

#61 ·
Ya thats true and looking back i've realised im a culprit of that, should have put 'went to punch' i'll actually go back and edit that now. Ravens reaction of the stranger easily blocking Kais attempt is actually what i hoped he would do. Still should have looked over that before posting it.

#62 ·
Sorry for the long post time, Back to school after Holidays and they decided to dump all our term assignments onto us first day.
No Joke

#63 ·
no problem. Update will be in 7 hours time.

#65 ·
Yea I feel it to
But I keep posting in the hope that I can pick up some new skills from the more experianced writers here.:)

#67 ·
same, i like to think i've already upped my game from this RP alone,
Your getting better I think yea, I only read the occasional fantasy book and pick up tell tales from Fantasy gamers so I still have a lot to go in this Rp but I think we can both see about getting there.

Still we are getting some good posts on here keep it up people!:victory:

#70 ·
Update is up. Next update will be sunday.

#71 ·
Update in 24 hours. The action thread is now on the second page as no-one has posted in 3 days.

#73 ·
Dang how did that happen? I was stuck for a starter so I was waiting on someone else for something I could use.

#74 ·
Komanko- is your character really just passed out in the middle of the trail to the water source? With a flaming brand in your hand and leading a horse?

#75 ·
Will have post up in few hours, have to leave for somewere its mostly done.

#77 ·
Komanko, I got a Pm in you inbox about that last part of my post

#78 ·
Samu3, the sun was already set before we even left the town. We have been riding in the darkness the entire way. As well- no wolves will be coming near the camp, you will just have to trust me on that fact.

Tired as nysard might be, passing out mid action is rather a stretch ... and putting an arrow in him would be frankly idiotic.

#79 · (Edited)
No I dont think Wolves will be getting any were near the camp, I got stuck for wording so I stretched it out.

Also, Passing out in the middle of the night out of a desperate need for sleep is not uncommon, people do it today driving 50-80 something down country streets.

Meh, It gets him up quick, not like Im going to impale the guy and throttling him might be just as bad if is really that tired. Besides I never said it was a definate thing depends on what Kom says and the next update, I could figure out something.

#80 ·
I must agree with Mr.Sam-U3(because U2 will be a violation of copyrights). Its not because I dont want to edit my post :p

Euphrati don't be so naive, people do tend to fall asleep in the middle of their job, driving, many other things. Its not very common but extreme tiredness can cause someone to fall a sleep in the middle of something. Also take into account that he was wounded, badly if I might add. It came out a little offensive I think, so don't take it the wrong way. Just expressing my opinion here...

#81 ·
Jabbing Nysard with an arrow is abit extreme, didnt you think of getting the water and pouring it on his face? Also update will be in 2 hours.

#82 ·
I'm not being naive, I'm being realistic.

Your character is tired, wounded, etc ... he was also walking/ standing. Which makes it hard to just fall asleep since the human body is physical wired to protect itself from injury- which falling over mid-stride will have the possibility of. Unless you are saying he passed out, not simply fell asleep. People fall asleep driving because they are sitting in a nice comfortable chair and the body is relaxed.

#84 ·
Update is going to be tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.