Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

LOTR Questionable Corner

16K views 187 replies 25 participants last post by  Red Corsairs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Okay, seeing as so many of these are about, I figured, why not do one for LotR?

Okay, you probably know the drill by now, but if you've been living under a box for the last year or so or have avoided any other forum, here's the Rules for "Lord of the Rings Questionable Cornnnneerrr!" (I sound like a gameshow announcer now)

RULES:

You can only answer a single question correctly each day, this is to prevent the same handful of people dominating the ‘quiz’ and allow everyone to have a fair shot.

For example: If I was to submit 3 questions in one post you would have to choose which one to answer rather than being able to answer them all, the same with any other questions I post on that day.

If you receive Rep from me please don't come on the thread to announce it before I post stating that question has been answered, try to keep off-topic talk to a minimum as well.

If you disagree with how I judge the answers given- sucks to be you I’m not forcing you to play, this is just meant to be a bit of fun and hopefully educational.

Everyone will need to quote the whole question in their post (along with the answer obviously), rather than just the number. This is just to make things easier for the host. Anyone not abiding by this rule from now on, will not recieve their reputation - even if they answered the question correctly Much appriciated.​

Ovbiously, I'm changing things to fit the LotR 'verse. Also, thanks to Baron Spikey and Child of the Emperor.

Question One: How many Wizards (Istari) were there that came to Middle-Earth orginally? (+1 Rep)

Question Two: Where was the seedling for the white tree of Gondor that Gandalf helped Aragon to find? (+2 Rep)

Let the games begin! :).

Rep Owed (for the purpose of keeping track on what I owe to who):

Ratvan, +3
spanner94ezekiel, +3
Zodd, +3

~Bane of Kings

Just a note that deathbringer and myself have taken over the running of this Questionable Corner (myself and deathbringer will be taking it in turns to ask questions now) :wink: - Red Corsairs

See less See more
#12 ·
No problem.

And we have reached what I figured would be the problem with this kind of thing in this section. The LOTR section has a very small amount of constant users at the moment and whilst this is a good idea to try and get more users here, if there's nobody around to answer the questions it's going to die out quickly. So it'd be great if we could get some more people in to answer questions *hints at the LOTR section users to try and answer some* :)

#13 ·
Okay, Bane of Kings has asked me to continue with this whilst he was away so to get the ball rolling I'm just going to repost the two as of yet unanswered questions. It'd help if as many of the LotR fans could get in on this as possible, this kind of thing gets boring if it's the same hanful of people answering all the time.

Question One: What Year was Gollum Born? (+1 Rep)

Question Two: What was the year of Frodo Baggins' last sighting? (+2 Rep)

#17 ·
Timezones are a pain :p (here that was still the same day :wink: )

I can't award you rep for that as you'd already recieved some so shortly before and I'll need to spread it around some more but I'll give you that.

It's very late here so I'll post the new questions tomorrow.

#19 ·
Alrighty, maybe I will toss out some questions, not more than 1 per day. While I am not sure really how rep works, I will try to give rep for right answers. Here we go:

Which stone did Bilbo give to the Elvenking to aid him in his negotiations in The Hobbit?

Any takers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.