Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1250pt Bl.angels

1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  kiro the avenger! 
#1 ·
Well I just got the codex a few hours ago and wrote this list...
It's utterly different from my previous lists RIP assault marines but hey ho...

Sanguinary priest- jumppack, x2 lightning claws, bolt pistol
91 (ive assumed that you had to buy the pistol to trade it for a claw)
He'll chill with the termies... Jumppack lets him deep strike with them right?

x2 10man tactical squads- grav guns, plasma cannons
The new guys for me, never used them, I wish you could give them BP/CS to counter the loss of assault marines but oh well, I guess they'll walk forwards firing...

10man assault terminators- 10 TH/SS
Was thinking of giving the sarge claws, but their already built soo... Also my fav unit from the old codex :) they'll deepstrike using the dropods beacon

Vindicator- storm bolter, overcharged engines
This is gonna soften up tough targets real nice...

Furioso dreadnought- x2 blood talons, (Storm bolter)>heavy flamer
Droppod- death wind launcher, locator beacon
This guy drops in, tearing shit uo and summoning more face rekers to help out... Death wind to act as an area denial thing (and use up points)

Any good?

I'll probably make anothe roost out of what I own this second soon, although I won't be playing until after xmas, so it's not a big deal

See less See more
#2 ·
(ive assumed that you had to buy the pistol to trade it for a claw)
I wouldn't let you play that, to be sure. The notion that you can buy an upgrade to trade it for another upgrade is absurd to me, but I have no real rules-as-written sources to disprove it (yet). As it is written, I guess you could buy the 1 point pistol and then swap it for a Lightning Claw. I'd run that by your gaming group before modeling a Priest up, keeping in mine a true WYSIWYG model has a Narthecium and a Chalice both.

Personally I'd like to see the Tactical squads in Rhinos to keep up with and support the Vindicator. If you are so unsure of Tactical marines why not just rip two 5 man sniper Scout squads and save some points for the rest of your army? Personally I'm fine with running 2-3 squads of Tacticals because I like how they work. You can have some Drop Pod fun sending 5 man Tactical squads with a Heavy Flamer and 2x Hand Flamers or a Melta Gun and 2x Inferno Pistols all over the place. Those squads both come out to less than a 5 man squad in a Razorback, or a 10 man squad on foot.

I'm digging the changes to Blood Talons, and am glad I have at least one set of arms made up as such. Damn shame they no longer cause extra attacks though, but any Infantry squad you charge will be hard pressed without expensive wargear to damage an AV13 walker anyway. Plus now this Dreadnought might actually be valid against MCs as it out preforms the dual fist model with Shred. Does "(Storm bolter)>heavy flamer" mean you swapped the Storm Bolter for a Heavy Flamer?

#3 ·
Yeah o swapped the storm bolter, couldn't think of a better short hand way to put it :)
I've really used nothing but assault marines and termies in my blood Angels lists so far :)
I'm honestly still debating whether to go bound with these for the +1 initiative, because the army as it is doesn't seem to benefit much from this :/ esspeacially to be dealing with tacticals or scouts which I neither own nor known about, I don't wanna buy them and decide that actually unbound works fine.
With the priest I just thought that as he only has his one melee weapon, I could get 2 by buying the pistol first, but yeah I'll run it by the group. I was *this* close to modelling a termie priest as well :( bought the parts still, so I still loose out, my priests only have bolt pistol/power or chain swords

#4 ·
I would suggest playing Unbound for a little while and seeing how it goes. You aren't getting Objective Secured using a Baal Strike Force anyway, so I don't really see much of a difference past losing out on the +1 Initiative...which really doesn't affect your Hammernators.

#5 ·
Sanguinary priest- jumppack, x2 lightning claws, bolt pistol
91 (ive assumed that you had to buy the pistol to trade it for a claw)
Horrifyingly good inclusion for a squad of Terminators. I assume he can Deep Strike with them; the only difference I know of is for Deathwing Assault and for Descent of Angels, neither of which will apply to the Terminators.

x2 10man tactical squads- grav guns, plasma cannons
Okay, but far too static for my liking. I'd definitely want Drop Pods, Meltaguns and Heavy Flamers.

10man assault terminators- 10 TH/SS
Awesome. You need some kind of reserve manipulation really, otherwise a poor set of reserve rolls could mean you spend a significant amount of game time 500pts down...

Vindicator- storm bolter, overcharged engines
Always a nice choice, although even more endangered than a regular Vindicator with the lack of armoured presence in the list.

Furioso dreadnought- x2 blood talons, (Storm bolter)>heavy flamer
Droppod- death wind launcher, locator beacon
Deathwing Launcher isn't worth it, in my opinion. Other than that, solid.

I'd drop a Terminator, the Storm Bolter on the Vindicator and the Deathwind Missile Launcher and swap out the Grav Guns/Plasma Cannons for Meltaguns and Heavy Flamers on the Tacticals with Drop Pods. The lack of reserve manipulation is annoying, but not an awful lot can be done about it - the nearest thing I can think of would be to drop the Tacticals to 5-man units with a Heavy Weapon each, drop a Terminator, the Vindicator's Storm Bolter and the Deathwing Launcher and buy an Aegis Defence Line with Comms Relay for the Tacticals to hide behind, but I'm not greatly enamored of that as a plan.

#6 ·
I assume he can Deep Strike with them
Missed this in the OP. So long as all models in a unit have the Deep Strike rule and they are all in Reserve together you're good to go.

That being said, this model is not 91 points. base 60 + 2x LCs+BP+JP 46 =106.

I'm still pretty sure you have to have the wargear initially to be able to swap it for something else, but can find nothing written to prove it so it seems you're ok to do such a thing. Like I said and you agreed to though, it's good to check that sort of stuff with your gaming group/GW blueshirt.

#7 ·
106 my bad, I'm pretty sure that's what I budgeted in my points, I added the second claw later with points, and swapped the first from a sword :/
I'm really not sure on what to do now though, to be honest
Regardless I'll have to go u bound for a while...
I'm still thinking of a x2 10man termie army :) considering how many grey Knights i face, it'll be both theme and decently Tanky

#11 ·
So I made a new list, same thread cos I didn't wanna make a new one and it's the same topic (1250pts General list)
This ones bound as well

Sanguinary priest- jumppack, bolt pistol
Hangs out with the sanguinary guard, lost his P.sword in order to fit a droppod for the dreds

Furioso librarian dreadnought- flamer
Droppod- locator beacon
Slams down T1 to herald the way for the guard DSing, swap with regular dred for this role?

x2 5man tactical squads- plasma guns
Swap the plasma guns and vindicator storm bolters for some heavy weapons instead? The guard the back field?

10man Sanguinary guard squad- x2 power fists
Wreck shits day, angel style!

x2 Vindicators- overcharged engines, Storm bolters
Soften targets and generally wreck shits day

How's it look? This is partly to warrant me buying 2 sanguinary gaurd boxes :)
I think the whole army keeps pace rather well, the sanguinary guard DS can cause some shocked looks I imagine :)

#12 ·
I'd play a Furioso with Frag Cannon and Heavy Flamer instead of the Furioso Librarian, gives you 40 points to use on your Tactical squads.

I'm going to be buying a box of Sanguinary Guard models next month unless I get a box/money for a box over Christmas. Them and Astorath...crucial in where I want my lists to go.

#13 · (Edited)
I was thinking librarian cos unleash rage or shield, or most of the blood angel powers would be beast on the sanguinary guard...
If I could I would prefer to get master lvl2, although points are stretched as is tbh

EDIT: maybe loose the P.fists on the guard and vindi Storm bolters? That'd gimme 30 points, so 25 for mastery lvl2 and 5 for melta bombs or some shit on the priest

#14 ·
If you just want the Sanguinary discipline then take a Libby with a jump pack, it's cheaper than the Dreadnought and can be buried in a unit instead of targeted outright. I wouldn't take a Vindicator without a SB pintle, just because I hate weapon's destroyed results.

#15 ·
Well the dreadnought is also backed up by being a massive freaking dreadnought :)
Maybe drop the libbies flamer for lascannons on the taxticals?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.