Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

2500p TOURNAMENT list, tips and help?

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Ratvan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, i m going to play in a tournament and i want to play thousand of Orczz, i know it will be hard cause they arn t so competitive, but i want to try anyway. Here is my roster, i thought and played a lot with this kind of "horde roster" and play an huge horde with animosity isn t the best xD that's why i need 1 black orc every big unit of orcs. I will appreciate any advice u can give me :DD

Lords

1 x Savage Orc Great Shaman: lvl 4 wizard with "Lucky Shrunken Head" (join Savage Orcs)

1 x Black Orc Warboss: General with "Obsidian Amulet" + "Crown Of Command" (join Orc Boyz)

Heroes

1 x Black Orc Big Boss: BSB with "Obsidian Trinket" + "DragonHelm" (Join Savage Orcs)

1 x Night Goblin Shaman: lvl 2 wizard with "Dispel Scroll" (Join Night Goblin)

Core

33 x Savage Orcs Big'uns: Full Comm Group with "Additional Hand Weapon" (Deployed 7 models x 5 ranks)

41 x Orc Boyz: Full Comm Group with "Additional Hand Weapon" (Deployed 7 models x 6 ranks)

34 x Night Goblins: Full Comm Group with "Bows" + 3 x "Fanatic Goblins" (Deployed 7 models x 5 ranks)

10 x Goblin Wolfrider: Musician + Standard Bearer with "Bows" (Deployed 5 models x 2 ranks)

10 x Goblin Wolfrider: Musician + Standard Bearer with "Bows" (Deployed 5 models x 2 ranks)

Special

8 x Troll (Delpoyed 4 models x 2 rank = 24 attacks when they arn t stupid)

Rare

2 x Mangler Squig

2 x Doom Diver Catapult

I deployed unit wider than normal cause i don t want my war machine being easily reached. CaC part is based on Orc boyz + Troll + Savages, supported by Night goblin squigs and the catapult, meanwhile Goblins Wolfrider are trying to flank and destroy enemy's war machine (1 unit x side) I m going to face lot of WM that s why i play 20 of them!

See less See more
#2 ·
Not a big fan of units of 10 wolf riders. You only need to have 3 die and you're taking a panic check. It'd be better to have them in multiple units of 5. I'd maybe just go for 2 units of 5 and then fill the points from the other unit w/ a chariot or other shooting war machines.

On the trolls, 4-wide is going to be a pain since you're playing a horde army. If you can get any practice games in, I'd suggest practicing deployment. Take into account terrain and the rest of your army. Not to mention BSB/General placement. Maybe try 2 units of 4 in 2x2 formation. Less brute force; a bit more utilitarian. Either way you go, they NEED to be w/in 12" of the general for Ld purposes.

Manglers are OK. Pretty easy to deal w/ - magic 'em, shoot 'em, or walk a chaff unit worth 30-ish points into 'em. Boom - dead mangler. HOWEVER...if you can get them to the enemy lines you will be cackling w/ glee!!!

The rest of the list is fairly typical of most O&G lists. Doom divers for armor removal, SOBU for choppiness and a scoche of survivability, boyz w/ brute of a character, token lvl 4 w/ LSH, token lvl 2 w/ scroll, token NG unit as obligatory FDS (Fanatic Delivery System - to quote Ace Ventura, Pet Detective: "FDS people, coming through!") and bunker, wolves for chaff and harassing. Like you said, O&G aren't the most competitive, but, they are a hard counter to some armies out there. WoC players (like myself) dread O&G w/ all the high S hits from manglers and fanatics. We only have so many hounds we can fit into a list!

#3 ·
Great comment man :D Ye, i tried some games... 20 wolfrider r useless, like trolls with a 99,9% failed ld test without general xD so i replaced them with more naked unit of 20 NG with fanatics and a snotling chariot just to terrifying the enemy, btw thx for the tips :))

#4 ·
Glad I could help!

Don't count WR out entirely. They are great at harassing enemy war machines (better to shoot the gobbos than the hordes!) and other chaff units. They're one of the fastest non-flying units on the table aside from anything on a steed of Slaanesh or fiends.

I think pump wagons are a great choice to fill in for one of the units of wolves. You just have to hope you don't roll to low for the random movement. They're sort of like the manglers - if they make it to the enemy they'll cause all KINDS of trouble!!

#5 ·
Regarding the trolls, you have a couple of options.

Keep them as a supporting unit next to your general all game, so they are testing on your generals leadership all the time. This makes them super easy to avoid though, and doesnt give you very much in the way of flexibility.

The other (and in my option best) option is to have a character babysit the unit, which gives them freedom to move around on their own without testing on 4s for stupidity. If you make a cheap goblin boss on a wolf, gives them LD7 and doesnt hinder their movement. A boss on a wolf, with shield, light armour and Talisman of endurace (3+, 5++) will only set you back 81 points.

#9 ·
Its not a list that I would use but I like the look of it, you have a nice amount of high strength hits in the first round of combat with the SOBU and Orc Blocks. With the Trolls I would run a unit of 6 (3 wide, 2 deep) plus a troll chariot (1 wide, 2 deep) to have more threats on the table and also the chariot can act as a nice little flanking unit or a block to anyone wanting to frenzy bait your SOBU. I usually only use a single Blorc in my army but then I don't seem to fail that many animosity rolls thanks to my lucky blue dice (famous last words...) I would also like to see more warmachines in the list but without a radical change I wouldn't worry too much about that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.