Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Blood Angels Rumors

34K views 295 replies 53 participants last post by  mrknify 
#1 ·
From Natfka:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
-Clam Pack Captain in a 2nd Edition Golden Armor Design, armed with Combi-Melter
-Box with all options for the Predator (Baal, Detructor and Annihilator, new Melta weapon in Turret option)
-Honour Guard and Blood Brothers Multi Box

Blood Brothers have survived as members of the Death Company and turned back to normal Astartes, they are like Vanguard Veterans but more "BA-like" and with different weapon options.
So I see potential rage occuring if the Death Company thing is true.

And confusion about how the Flesh Tearers are organized on my part if it's true.

#274 ·
I recommend this!

What I failed to mention is once all the older dex's get the 7th ed treatment, they will actually be fairly balanced.

In my previous post I did not touch enough on positive points. Ntaw's writeup gives you a great picture.

Here's what i'm looking at;(with what I have)
Baal strike force formation,
Asteroth,
2x 15 DC all j-pack
2X DC Dred.
2x 5 man tac squads.
Secondary detachment;
Sanguinor, sanguinary priest w/ jpack
X10 Sanguinary guard
Furioso dred
2x 5 man tac
Baal pred
2x speeders

After spending some time in-depth with the codex the more I like it, it grows on you.

Where the ork codex was just magic(of course its predecessor was.... rough)

Looking forward to new formations, possibly a pure DC list as that's what I like to run. Miss my 500, 7 man list.

Cheers to ntaw for his well thought out review.

#278 ·
Alas I have no pods, they are on my to get list.

The speeders I have had for ages I usually do end up dropping them, their build alone will max my tac squads.
I just need to get another sanguinary guard squad to finish the 10 man.

I came up with the concept for the list as DC and Sanguinary make great fluff lists. I agree drop pods would make the dreds so much more amazingly fast, saving the walkup blow up especially from tau.

Love the flesh tearers and really want a hard cover exterminatus book for all the nice formations.

Cheers

#279 ·
The new formations from Exterminatus look really nice. Also, a detachment, that consists only of 2HQ (1 compulsatory) and 16 elites (2 comp.) XD. If you wanna play first company, there you go. New Traits, if you use the detachments from the book aswell, Deathcompany formations, Vanguard and Sternguard in Stormraven formation. All very expensive, pointswise, but kinda fluffy and fun ^^

#283 ·
Well shit. Guess there just aren't enough fucks for me to give, eh? Lemme see....

person complaining: fuck, I want a DC army

GW: here's a detachment where you can do that

person (still) complaining: but it isn't the way it used to be :ireful2:

Just as I thought, doesn't look like I can squeeze any fucks in there. It's always worth a quick check though, you know. Just in case a position for fucks being given had become available.

#285 ·
Multiple CADing not enough?

Techmarine = 50

Death Company Squad = 100

Scout Squad, Missile, Flakk = 80
Scout Squad = 55

Techmarine = 50

Death Company Squad, Inferno Pistol, Inferno Pistol = 130

Scout Squad, Missile, Flakk = 80
Scout Squad = 55

Comes in at 1000 pts. Not particularly brilliant, but I don't care you can optimize away as you see fit, but there's 30 FNP 5+ Relentless Bolters with 4 I5 S5 Attacks on the charge.

Don't even need to Dual CAD; 2x 10+1x9 DC is still 540pts. Sanguinary Priest for 60, ADL with Lascannon for 85, 2x Tac Squad with Las for 180, RBack with TLLas for 85

#287 ·
:laugh: sorry you got caught on that post mrknify, it was indeed meant as a joke and not aimed at any one person.

That same post that commented with the 16 Elites formation (why doesn't this allow for DC?) said there was a DC formation too though, I don't have the book so I can't verify it one way or the other.

#289 ·
Lol, no worrys I clued in pretty quick. I'm hoping my flgs has a copy. I've been filtering through different reviews but nothing substantial on that front.

I'm dropping my assault squads to convert to dc. Why? Love them. Also picked up the dc "dataslate" from black library, nice fluff but that's it. Really want deathstorm set, sad I no longer have a nid army though.

Still I take my enjoyment out of modding what I do have ;)

#290 ·
So yeah, sorry for everyone that wanted to use the detachment for the Deathcompany. Since it is supposed to represent the first company, it states that all HQs must wear TerminatorArmor and you can only take Terminator squads, Assault Terminators, Vanguard, Sternguard and Furioso Dreadnoughts as elite (And no more than 6 Furiosos). The detachmend let's ALL your deepstrikers scatter only one D6! And you can reroll your Warlord trait, but you have to use the new Archangel Table from the Exterminatus book.
HOWEVER, there is indeed a DC formation:
1 Chaplain
3 DC squads
2 DC Dreadnoughts
1 Stormraven

Everything that does NOT have rampage gets +1 Attack if outnumbered, everyone gets Crusader, no restrictions.
Hope this helps with your List building, guys ;)
Have a nice Weekend.

#291 ·
Nice, now I just need a stormraven. I'll put that on my todo list, just after nurgle titan and nurgle drakes, possibly before plague marines.

There is some great fluff about typhus losing to tue blood angels. (Reminds me to finish my typhus also)

Oh I sent a question to the faq guys about tue sanguinor and his blood chalice. Wysiwyg says he should have it in his rules.... so hoping they either buff his dataslate or re-sculpt him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.