Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Ragnar02’s Alternate Heresy Generator

19K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Krytos 
#1 · (Edited)
I am really fascinated in the Horus Heresy, so when the Dornian Heresy came out over at the B&C it inspired me to make this random heresy generator. Who knows, maybe it could be the inspiration for your next army. So may I present:

Ragnar02’s Alternate Heresy Generator

The Betrayer

To decide who becomes Horus’ replacement roll 4D6 then consult the chart below. The Primarch next to the result of the combined dice has been chosen as the great betrayer.

4. Jaghatai Khan
5. Leman Russ
6. Sanguinius
7. Re-roll the dice
8. Angron
9. Roboute Guilliman
10. Magnus the Red
11. Lorgar
12. Fulgrim
13. Corax
14. Perturabo
15. Re-roll the dice
16. Horus
17. Ferrus Manus
18. Konrad Curze / Night Haunter
19. Re-roll the dice
20. Mortarion
21. Rogal Dorn
22. Vulkan
23. Lion El’Jonson
24. Alpharius / Omegon

Now for the loyalties generator. Roll a dice for each of the legions below = if the result is a 3, 4 or 5, then the legion and their Primarch remain loyal to the Emperor.

1, 2 or 6 then the legion turn their back on the Emperor and pledge their services to the Chaos Gods. If the legion is Chaos then you must roll another dice. If the result is a 1 or 3 then the legion have not dedicated themselves to any one god and become Chaos Undivided. The Primarch who was chosen as the Great Betrayer’s legion are automatically Chaos Undivided without rolling.

If the result is a 2, then this particular legion have become dedicated to Tzeentch, the Changer of the Ways.

If the result is a 4, then the legion are changed in the bathing of their enemies’ blood and become servants of the Blood God, Khorne.

If the result is a 5, then the legion have been taken in by Grandfather Nurgle, the Great Lord of Decay

If the result is a 6, then the legion have been dedicated to the Prince of Pleasure, Slannesh.

If not all of the Gods of Chaos have a legion then you must make the last chaos legion/s dedicated to those gods/god. If there is still more then one then you must still roll but make it more restricted so its either one or the other.

There may ever only be one each of the four gods controlling a legion. If the dice is rolled and you already have a legion dedicated to that god, they then automatically become Chaos Undivided (for example, you roll the dice for Space Wolves and get Chaos, you roll it again and it come up with Khorne. But you already have the World Eaters as Khorne so the Space Wolves instead become Chaos Undivided).

There can only ever be 9 Imperial and 9 Chaos to make it fair, but you could change this however you want (just don’t claim credit please for the main idea).

Emperor’s Children =
White Scars =
Space Wolves =
Blood Angels =
World Eaters =
Ultramarines =
Thousand Sons =
Word Bearers =
Raven Guard =
Dark Angels =
Iron Warriors =
Sons of Horus =
Night Lords =
Iron Hands =
Death Guard =
Imperial Fists =
Salamanders =
Alpha Legion =

You come up with the background/history though. If you post it here and come up with lots of imaginative things then I will give those that I really like a rep point.

Hope you liked it and hope you post your ideas/results.

See less See more
Reactions: Person_Name
#2 ·
Okay lets change some history.

The Betrayer: Perturabo

Now lets see who follows

Emperor’s Children = Loyal
White Scars = Traitors (Tzeentch)
Space Wolves = Traitors (Undivided)
Blood Angels = Traitors (Nurgle)
World Eaters = Loyal
Ultramarines = Traitors (Slaanesh)
Thousand Sons = Loyal
Word Bearers = Loyal
Raven Guard = Traitors (Undivided)
Dark Angels = Loyal
Iron Warriors = Traitor (Automatic)
Sons of Horus = Loyal
Night Lords = Loyal
Iron Hands = Traitor (Khorne)
Death Guard = Traitor (Undivided)
Imperial Fists = Loyal
Salamanders = Traitor (Undivided)
Alpha Legion = Loyal

Wow. Only the Death Guard and Iron Warriors remained traitors this time.

I would also like to point out that Fulgrim is currently never going to be the Warmaster, because the lowest score on 4D6 is 4.

#3 ·
I would also like to point out that Fulgrim is currently never going to be the Warmaster, because the lowest score on 4D6 is 4.
Ahh... Opps. Yeah, I'll fix that now.

#4 · (Edited)
Bah! Sangunis and the angels turning to nurgle no matter what the dice gods say its never going to happen.

The betrayer : Konrad Kurze

Emperor’s Children =
White Scars = Traitors (Undivided)
Blood Angels = Loyalists
World Eaters = Loyalists
Ultramarines = Loyalists
Thousand Sons = Loyalists
Word Bearers = Traitors (Undivided)
Raven Guard = Traitors (Slanesh)
Dark Angels = Loyalists
Iron Warriors = Traitors (Undivided)
Sons of Horus = Loyalists
Iron Hands = Traitors (Khorne)
Death Guard = Loyalists
Imperial Fists = Traitors (Tzeenth)
Salamanders = loyalists
Alpha Legion =loyalists

Kurze was drivnen insane by the emporors lack of effection for him and was contacted by the dark gods. Kurze knew he would never take down his fathers empire with brute force so he adopted more subtle methods. On a visit to terra Kurze set a bomb in his fathers chambers but it did not explode. The emporor found out it was kurze and he gathered his fleet to crush him. Kurze fled he was chased by his brohers intent on spilling his blood. He reached the eye of terror where disapeared into it. The legions knew better than to attack the eye so they fell back. Over the next thousand years kurze planted his mean around important inmperial heald worlds ready for devastating chain of assasinations. During his time in the warp kurze had developed certain powers and he sent dreams to his brothers beging them to betray thier father for all of the wrongs he had commited. 7 Did, Kurzes men carried out thier assasinaions without fail and managed to kill warmaster horus. The legions that turned then attacked thier brothers and a massive civil war started.

#5 ·
The betrayer : Konrad Kurze
How come you dont have the Night Lords there then?

Emperor’s Children =
White Scars = Traitors (Undivided)
Blood Angels = Loyalists
World Eaters = Loyalists
Ultramarines = Loyalists
Thousand Sons = Loyalists
Word Bearers = Traitors (Undivided)
Raven Guard = Traitors (Slanesh)
Dark Angels = Loyalists
Iron Warriors = Traitors (Undivided)
Sons of Horus = Loyalists
Iron Hands = Traitors (Khorne)
Death Guard = Loyalists
Imperial Fists = Traitors (Tzeenth)
Salamanders = loyalists
Alpha Legion =loyalists
What allegance is the Emperors Children and where is the Nurgle legion?

Kurze was drivnen insane by the emporors lack of effection for him and was contacted by the dark gods. Kurze knew he would never take down his fathers empire with brute force so he adopted more subtle methods. On a visit to terra Kurze set a bomb in his fathers chambers but it did not explode. The emporor found out it was kurze and he gathered his fleet to crush him. Kurze fled he was chased by his brohers intent on spilling his blood. He reached the eye of terror where disapeared into it. The legions knew better than to attack the eye so they fell back. Over the next thousand years kurze planted his mean around important inmperial heald worlds ready for devastating chain of assasinations. During his time in the warp kurze had developed certain powers and he sent dreams to his brothers beging them to betray thier father for all of the wrongs he had commited. 7 Did, Kurzes men carried out thier assasinaions without fail and managed to kill warmaster horus. The legions that turned then attacked thier brothers and a massive civil war started.
awesome fluff dude!

#6 · (Edited)
In my version of the tale, Horus was sent to cleanse the Istvaan system. On the voyage, Mortarion sought council with him, but instead poured the machinations of the Chaos Gods into his ear. Knowing of Horus' position as Warmaster, Mortarion reasoned that he could swerve more legions to his cause than some of the other Primarchs. Horus called a meeting of all nearby Primarchs, who happened to be Magnus, Lorgar, Curze and the noble Sanguinus.

Horus told them of the great powers to be theirs, and each aligned themselves with one of the four. Magnus, who had forever spent his time trying to gain knowledge on Prospero, decided that he deserved a pleasurable vacation and fell into the embrace of the Dark Prince. Curze, who had ever been plagued with visions, sided himself with Tzeentch in an effort to stop these nightmares.

Sanguinus was at first reluctant, but found that in close up combat, the ability of pain immunity proved to great a lure and he became the champion of Grandfather Nurgle. Finally, Lorgar discovered that his rituals had ever been watched by Khorne, and the great Cathedrals of the Word Bearers became bloated on depraved Blood Sacrifices.

Gradually, the word spread from Primarch to Primarch that Horus and his lieutenants had been corrupted. For Rogal Dorn, Corax and the Lion El'Johnson, the unnatural powers of chaos swayed them and the attack on Terra was formulated...

Rogal Dorn knew the Terran defences inside out, and he alone knew of a secret exit, built if the Emperor was ever in peril. A small force of the Sons of Horus snuck into this entrance as the mighty batteries of Perturabo and Dorn battered the palace walls. This strike team was eliminated by Fulgrim and Guilliman, who had been organizing a counter attack before they stumbled across the traitors. This was the gauntlet thrown.

The Emperor and his loyal sons battled across the plains bordering the Imperial Palace, a force to be reckoned with as they strode through the mightiest of bombardments without harm. Eventually they came across the five original traitors atop a great rocky plateau; Magnus, now lightning fast and sweating an alluring perfume, was cut down by Leman Russ, but no sooner was the Red Witch dead when Sanguinus appeared. The Great Wolf slashed and hacked at the Vampire but to no avail. With a great sword dripping with filth, Sanguinus beheaded Russ, intestines slopping over his former brother. As the battle went on, and the remaining Primarchs were cut down, no one stopped to see the duel between Mortarion and the Emperor. The Death Guard Primarch unleashed foul noxious fumes that had been brought from his home planet, but he Emperor's armour dispelled the vile gases.

As Mortarion forced the Emperor back, the Master of Man saw a great opportunity. He feigned weakness, falling backwards. As the fallen Primarch stood over him, ready to bring his scythe cleaving downwards, the Emperor threw his great sword at the gate mechanism. The spiked golden portcullis thundered down, biting into Mortarion. As he fell to the ground, he wept, and a great darkness was lifted from his eyes. As he slowly bled to death, he whispered 'O Father, what have I done?'. The Emperor desperately tried to lift the gate, seeing now that it was not his son who had done this terrible thing. The gates were strong, and the Emperor could not lift them. He collapsed, sobbing, knowing that he had killed his own son. The forces of chaos fled in disarray.

When the other Loyalists found him, they hijacked the gate mechanism and opened it before leaving the Emperor with his son's almost lifeless body. As Mortarion slowly died, the Imperator tried to cover the wounds he had made with his hands, but damage was too great, and his hands too small. He decided he could not live with what he had done, so sat upon the Golden Throne, where he still resides to this day, desperately searching the spirit plane for the soul of his dead son.

Midnight

#10 ·
Finally, Lorgar discovered that his rituals had ever been watched by Khorne, and the great Cathedrals of the Word Bearers became bloated on depraved Blood Sacrifices.
huh, I'd have guessed I'd have been slaanesh! awsome,dude!:victory:

#9 ·
to warsmith7752

and why couldn't Sanguinius follow nurgle. Oh is it becasue there could not possibly be an uncurable disease that affects the blood. oh wait what about AIDS. sounds like Nurgle to me. don't get your feeling hurt just because your sexy Primarch got molested haha. Come sit on Grampa Nurgles Lap... lets play a suprise game ...close your eyes and open your mouth....haha this is too much.. ok ok i quit i am sorry i just couldn't resist that was too much fun. but you know nurgle would do it and that fat belly would jiggle with his chuckles the whole time.

#11 · (Edited)
The Betrayer: Roboute Guilliman / Ultramarines

Jaghatai Khan / White Scars - Traitor - Tzneetch, the Changer of Ways
Leman Russ / Space Wolves - Loyal
Sanguinius / Blood Angels- Loyal
Angron / World Eaters - Traitor - Blood God, Khorne. (Lol, same result as it turned out)
Magnus the Red / Thousand Sons - Loyal
Lorgar / Word Bearers - Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Fulgrim / Emperor's Children - Loyal
Corax / Raven Guard- Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Perturabo / Iron Warriors - Loyal
Horus / Luna Wolves (It wouldn't be SoH if Horus wasn't Warmaster) - Loyal
Ferrus Manus / Iron Hands - Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Konrad Curze / Night Haunter / Night Lords - Loyal
Mortarion / Death Guard - Traitor - Prince of Pleasure, Slannesh.
Rogal Dorn / Imperial Fists - Traitor - Grandfather Nurge
Vulkan / Salamanders - Loyal
Lion El’Jonson / Dark Angels - Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Alpharius / Omegon / Alpha Legion - Loyal

Loyalists: 9
Traitors: 8 (including the Ultrasmurfs, gave the traitors less because there are so many UM's.)

Hmmm, maybe if my version had happened the Loyalists might have fared better :). I'll write this up later when I have time maybe, like Midnights. Oh, and a rep for both Midnight and Ragnar02. :goodpost:.

~Bane of Kings

#12 ·
It wouldn't be SoH if Horus wasn't Warmaster)
He's still warmaster though. He could be in your alternate fluff, but he's still Warmaster in this generator (they could be LW if you want though). Anyway, Horus could have been very suuccessful or something, and got the honour to rename his legion etc.

#14 ·
Okay, I've decided to have another go :victory:. That okay?

Arch Betrayer: Rogal Dorn & his

Emperor’s Children = Traitor - Tzeentch, the Changer of the Ways
White Scars = Traitor - Blood God, Khorne.
Space Wolves = Loyal
Blood Angels = Loyal
World Eaters = Loyal
Ultramarines = Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Thousand Sons = Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Word Bearers = Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Raven Guard = Loyal
Dark Angels = Loyal
Iron Warriors = Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Sons of Horus = Loyal
Night Lords = Traitor - Grandfather Nurgle, Great Lord of Decay
Iron Hands = Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Death Guard = Loyal
Imperial Fists = Traitors - Chaos Undivided
Salamanders = Loyal
Alpha Legion = Loyal

Loyalists: 9
Traitors: 9

#15 ·
Ok this is what I have so far, if more is wanted I would be more than happy to continue.

The Betrayer – Angron
White Scars = Traitor = Prince of Pleasure, Slaanesh
Space Wolves = Traitor = Khorne
Blood Angels = Traitor = Changer Of Ways, Tzeentch
World Eaters = Traitor = Chaos Undivided
Ultramarines = Traitor = Khorne
Thousand Sons = Loyal
Word Bearers = Loyal
Raven Guard = Traitor = Lord Of Decay, Nurgle
Dark Angels = Traitor = Chaos Undivided
Iron Warriors = Traitor = Chaos Undivided
Sons of Horus = Loyal
Night Lords = Traitor = Chaos Undivided
Iron Hands = Loyal
Death Guard = Loyal
Imperial Fists = Loyal
Salamanders = Loyal
Alpha Legion = Loyal

Emperor’s Children:
Upon arriving on Laeran (I think that is correct spelling) Saul Tarvits’ sense of unease grew to heightened levels. He fought his way to his Primarch Fulgrim just in time to place the words of the emperor in his ear. Fulgrim destroyed the Chaos tainted weapon before it had a chance corrupt his loyal soul.

Angron knew that his brother would not be swayed by any words he could put forward to him. At the siege of Terror, the warriors of Fulgrim fought the traitor legions with a fire in their heart. Usually alongside their Brother Legion the Iron Hands, the Emperor’s Children were often deployed by Horus in daring raids against the Iron Warriors siege engines.

White Scars:
The voice of Angron the Great Betrayer reached the ears of Jaghatai Khan before Horus and Magnus could reach him. The Great Khan was shown the untold pleasures that could be wrought upon him by the Dark Prince. The warriors loyal to him captured those loyal to the Emperor in his legion and they were sacrificed to the dark gods. The holy gene seed tainted by foul warp energies and returned to the Khan.

The siege of Terror gave the White Scars and chance to prove themselves to their new master, Slaanesh. They took full advantage of the chance and wreaked a bloody toll in the defenders ranks. Their lightning fats hit and run attacks proving in valuable to the Traitor legion’s attacks.

Space Wolves: At the council of Nikea the Emperor in favour of Magnus, thus allowing the free reign of Librarians within the Legions. Outraged that his most despised brother went un-punished for his acts, Leman Russ was thrown into a violent rage, killing with own wolf guard. Angron took advantage of Leman’s demolished pride and sought to turn his Legion against the Emperor.

Succeeding, Leman became aware of the higher powers of the Warp, and the one in particular that had watched him intently since birth. He and his Legion swore fealty the Lord of Blood, Khorne. By the time the siege of Terra arrived, the Space Wolves, now renamed the Blood Hounds, were poised to strike, a spear ready to be cast. The fell on Terra in their drop pods like steel rain, oaths to the blood god on their lips as they slaughtered civilians and loyal Astartes alike. Always found by Lemans side were his two hounds, now tainted by the warp, transformed into the largest hounds of Khorne ever to walk the material world. Their leash released, they set off into the dark of night, assassinating the commanders and generals of the loyalists. Leaving only a bloody ruin of a body left behind.

Blood Angels: At his first encounter with the Demons of the Warp, Angron was told of their interest in Sagnuinius and the pivotal role he would play in the coming battles. Already corrupted by Chaos, Angron was able to sway the Angel to Chaos. Just like Leman Russ, Sanguinius had his eyes opened to a higher intellect watching him since his inception.

The Changer of Ways, the great conspirator Tzeentch had taken great interest in him after realising he would not be able to break his favoured Primarch, Magnus. Sagnuinius was granted dark powers of sorcery almost on par with those of Magnus. On the surface of Holy Terra, the Blood Angels sought out their great enemy, the Thousand Sons. Having escaped the fury of the Blood Hounds on Prospero, they were set to face vicious casualties in the coming battles.

The Blood Angels forced them to live up to their name, leaving barely one thousand warriors left in the Legion.

#16 · (Edited)
Alright... I'm going to post the list here, but I may have to post the 6+ page fluff accompaniment in its own thread. We're talking near RotT epic sizes, but not nearly as cool. I'll come back and edit in the link to the fluff once it's posted.

Arch Betrayer – Perturabo

Emperor’s Children = Traitor - Slaanesh
White Scars = Loyal
Space Wolves = Traitor - Khorne
Blood Angels = Loyal
World Eaters = Loyal
Ultramarines = Traitor - Undivided
Thousand Sons = Loyal
Word Bearers = Traitor - Undivided
Raven Guard = Loyal
Dark Angels = Loyal
Iron Warriors = Loyal
Sons of Horus = Traitor - Tzeentch
Night Lords = Loyal
Iron Hands = Traitor - Undivided
Death Guard = Traitor - Undivided
Imperial Fists = Traitor - Undivided
Salamanders = Loyal
Alpha Legion = Traitor – Nurgle

Edit: Let's see if I can get this link function to work:
Alternate Heresy, from Ragnar02’s Alternate Heresy Generator

#17 · (Edited)
Thought i'd bring back the generator to have newer people that have been posting on the Houserules and Homebrews have a shot.

If you haven't already don't be afraid to post.

#18 ·
Space Wolves = Khorne
White Scars = Chaos undivided
Blood Angels = Slaanesh chaos
World Eaters = chaos undivided
Thousand Sons = Tzeentch
Dark Angels = Nurgle
Iron Warriors = Arch Heretic
Sons of Horus = Chaos Undivided
Imperial Fists = Chaos

Salamanders = Loyal
Alpha Legion = Loyal
Ultramarines = Loyal
Word Bearers = Loyal
Raven Guard = Loyal
Night Lords = Loyal
Iron Hands = Loyal
Death Guard = Loyal

this is the layout I have begun writing fluff dont know how to make a link search alternate Heresy: Iron warriors

#19 ·
Arch Betrayer: Horus

Death Guard = Loyal
Imperial Fists = Loyal
Salamanders = Loyal
Alpha Legion =Loyal
Space Wolves = Loyal
Blood Angels = Loyal
Ultramarines = Loyal
Dark Angels = Loyal
Iron Warriors = Loyal

Sons of Horus = Traitor (Undivided)
Night Lords = Traitor (Undivided)
Iron Hands = Traitor (Undivided)
World Eaters = Traitor (Nurgle)
Emperor’s Children =Traitor (Undivided)
White Scars =Traitor (Slaanesh)
Thousand Sons = Traitor (Undivided)
Word Bearers = Traitor (Khorne)
Raven Guard = Traitor (Tzeentch)

Huh. Apart from the Chaos God dedications and the traitor White Scars, Raven Guard and Iron Hands, this is almost exactly the same as the regular 40k univers. Note that for the last two, I decided myself for the dedication of the last two, since I only had Nurgle and Slaanesh up till then.

#20 · (Edited)
A bit behind, but I came across this and thought it was a neat idea. So I'm gonna go along with it! I wanna get through the Heresy in this 'Battle Report' style before I come up with fluff for it. Anyway, here's what I've got so far:

Emperor’s Children = Arch-Traitors (Undivided)
~80,000
Blood Angels = Traitor (Khorne)
~120,000
Sons of Horus = Traitor (Tzeentch)
~140,000
~100,000
Raven Guard = Traitor (Slaanesh)
~80,000
Word Bearers = Traitor (Undivided)
~240,000
~90,000
~60,000
Alpha Legion = Traitor (Undivided)
~90,000
= 1,000,000

Death Guard = Loyal
~60,000
Imperial Fists = Loyal
~100,000
Dark Angels = Loyal
~100,000
Iron Warriors = Loyal
~120,000
Night Lords = Loyal
~120,000
Ultramarines = Loyal
~350,000
Thousand Sons = Loyal
~20,000
White Scars = Loyal
~80,000
Space Wolves = Loyal
~50,000
= 1,000,000

Opening Salvo:
- Isstvan III:
Quell the loyal elements within three Traitor Legions
Outcome: Emperor's Children at almost full strength (~80,000)
Sons of Horus lose 3/10 (~94,000)
Blood Angels at 1/2 strength (~60,000)
- Nocturne:
Salamanders civil war
Outcome: Legion below half strength (~30,000)
Volcanic activity on Nocturne increases
- Isstvan V:
Death Guard, Fists (Veterans), Wolves
vs
Children, Sons, Blood
2nd Wave: Hands (Veterans), Ravens, Eaters, Alpha, Word, Salies
Outcome: Death Guard considered destroyed (~2,000) - stranded
Imperial Fists veteran companies annhilated
Space Wolves destroyed
Leman Russ killed in a duel by Sanguinius
Vulkan slain by Mortarion
Rogal Dorn escaped with Death Guard
Emperor's Children suffer 30% casualties (~54,000)
Sons of Horus casualties at 25% (~71,000)
Blood Angel losses at 20% (~48,000)
Casualties estimates for 2nd wave range between 1 & 10%
- Signus Prime:
Ultramarines vs Deamons and Word Bearers
Outcome: Ultramarines at critical strength (~10,000)
Word Bearers at critical strength (~10,000)
- Olympia:
Iron Hands, Emperor's Children (Honour Company) vs Iron Warriors
Outcome: Iron Warriors defeat Iron Hands
Iron Hands suffer 50% casualties (~45,000)
Emperor's Children Honour Company destroyed
Iron Warriors 42% losses (~65,800)
Olympia is rendered uninhabitable, the surrounding
system is ruined; most worlds left as blasted husks
Levels of toixc radiation are high

Emperor’s Children = Arch-Traitors (Undivided)
~54,000
Blood Angels = Traitor (Khorne)
~48,000
Sons of Horus = Traitor (Tzeentch)
~71,000
~100,000
Raven Guard = Traitor (Slaanesh)
~80,000
Word Bearers = Traitor (Undivided)
~10,000
~45,000
~30,000
Alpha Legion = Traitor (Undivided)
~90,000
= 528,000

Death Guard = Loyal
~2,000 (Stranded)
Imperial Fists = Loyal
~80,000 (Veteran Companies destroyed)
Dark Angels = Loyal
~100,000
Iron Warriors = Loyal
~65,000
Night Lords = Loyal
~120,000
Ultramarines = Loyal
~10,000
Thousand Sons = Loyal
~20,000
White Scars = Loyal
~80,000
Space Wolves = Loyal
~Destroyed
= 477,000

Age of Darkness:
- Calth:
Ultramarines retreat to Ultramar, en route are ambushed by Raven
Guard. 'Rescued' by Dark Angels.
Outcome: Ultramarines are further reduced to a meagre ~8,000
Raven Guard forces conduct hit and run boarding actions
that cripple several of the Ultramarines starships.
The Dark Angels force the Raven Guard to retreat.
The Ultramarines are bolstered by novitiates,
boosting their strength to 50,000.
- Ultramar:
Word Bearers vs Ultramarines
Outcome: The Word Bearers persued the Ultramarines half way across
the galaxy, disgorging legions of Cultists they clash with the
numerically superior Ultramarines, and Ultramar Defence Forces.
Many worlds are left in anarchy, with mighty towers dedicated to
Chaos Glory.
The Ultramarines begin the cleansing of Ultramar.
Lorgar is driven insane.
- Eastern Fringe:
Alpha Legion vs Night Lords
Outcome: Ultima Segmentum in anarchy, between Night Lord pro-
-Imperial terror compaigns and Alpha Legion insurgents
Alpha Legion cripple the Night Lords and withdraw.
Night Lords suffer 60% casualties (~48,000)
Alpha Legion lose 30% of total Legion strength (~60,000)
Campaign lasts five years.

#21 ·
here is mine

The Betrayer: Roboute Guilliman / Ultramarines

Jaghatai Khan / White Scars - Traitor Chaos Undivided
Leman Russ / Space Wolves - Traitor - Blood God, Khorne
Sanguinius / Blood Angels- Traitor -Changer Of Ways, Tzeentch
Lorgar / Word Bearers - Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Corax / Raven Guard- Traitor - Chaos Undivided
Perturabo / Iron Warriors - Chaos Undivided
Mortarion / Death Guard - Traitor - Grandfather Nurge (same)
Vulkan / Salamanders - Prince of Pleasure, Slaanesh

Lion El’Jonson / Dark Angels - Loyal
Konrad Curze / Night Haunter / Night Lords - Loyal
Rogal Dorn / Imperial Fists -Loyal
Angron / World Eaters- Loyal
Horus / Luna Wolves - Loyal
Alpharius / Omegon / Alpha Legion -Loyal
Ferrus Manus / Iron Hands - Loyal

#23 ·
Practise the Lorgar heresy
Lorgar is the arch heretic Word Bearers Khorne
Emperor’s Children =H Khorne
White Scars =H Tzeentch
Space Wolves = L
Blood Angels = H Undivided
World Eaters = L
Ultramarines = L
Thousand Sons = L
Word Bearers = H
Raven Guard = L
Dark Angels = H Slannesh
Iron Warriors = H Khorne
Sons of Horus = L
Night Lords = L
Iron Hands = H Nurgle
Death Guard = L
Imperial Fists = H Undivided
Salamanders = H Nurgle
Alpha Legion =L

i will do more on this soon

#24 ·
The Betrayer: Konrad Curze / Night Lords-undivided

Jaghatai Khan / White Scars - Slaanesh
Leman Russ / Space Wolves - Tzeentch
Sanguinius / Blood Angels -Nurgle
Lorgar / Word Bearers - Slaanesh
Corax / Raven Guard - Chaos Undivided
Perturabo / Iron Warriors - Chaos Undivided
Alpharius / Omegon / Alpha Legion-Khorne
Rogal Dorn / Imperial Fists- Chaos Undivided
Angron / World Eaters-Tzeentch
Roboute Guilliman / Ultramarines-undivided

Lion El’Jonson / Dark Angels - Loyal
Horus / Luna Wolves - Loyal
Ferrus Manus / Iron Hands - Loyal
Mortarion / Death Guard-loyal
Vulkan / Salamanders-loyal

.....Night lords seemed to have been VERY persuasive....

Also...World eaters and Space wolfs....a about face literately and decided sorcery was the way to go....

Alpha Legion.....decided to abandoned stealth for glory!!!!

#25 · (Edited)
The Vulkan Heresy - All is ash!

Traitors:
Salamanders (Undivided)
Ultramarines (Slaanesh)
Raven Guard (Tzeentch)
Dark Angels (Undivided)
Blood Angels (Undivided)
Night Lords (Khorne)
Death Guard (Undivided)
Imperial Fists (Nurgle)
Alpha Legion (Undivided)

Loyalists:
Word Bearers
World Eaters
Iron Warriors
Iron Hands
White Scars
Thousand Sons
Luna Wolves
Space Wolves
Emperor's Children

Okay, Vulkan was elected warmaster for his unbreakable will and ability to complete a task at any cost, but the Lion'El Johnson, who had secretly been corrupted by the forces of Chaos, taught him of these dark powers. He called Guilliman, Corax, and Alpharius for a meeting, and taught them of these dark powers. Guilliman swore to prepare the Imperium for Chaos, Corax offered to seek out more knowledge of these mysterious powers, and Alpharius placed agents in other legions, hoping to sway them to the influence of the Dark Gods. The Ultramarines obsession with making themselves, and the Imperium, as great and powerful as possible led them to follow Slaanesh, the Ravens Guards desire to been unseen and to outwit the enemy led them to Tzeentch, the Night Lords desire to cause as much fear and destruction as possible led them to Khorne, and Dorn turned to Nurgle for the resiliency only he could offer. Gonna have to make a thread for this.

#26 ·
Excerpt from Book I of the Descent of the Unholy Nine upon Holy Terra, by Morozius, survivor of the Siege of Terra and later Cardinal of the Temple of the Saviour Emperor.

I was on the ramparts of the Palace when the shields broke, and the Unholy Nine descended on Terra. Ships built by Human and Martian hands but now corrupted and pulsing with daemonic veins disgorged their hateful cargo of warriors, once counted among the greatest of us all but now only seeking to bring down the Imperium they themselves had built to create a mockery of it in the name of dark monstrosities they called Gods…

Ahead of all the Ninth. Their genetic flaw had overcome them, and slaked their thirst by shedding blood in the name of the "Lord of Skulls and Blood", who ruled them. Their Primarch, once angelic, has become a daemon, his wings dripping blood and crowned by eight skulls, each one crying blood…

In a cloud of now rainbow now grey metal, advanced the Tenth. Behind them a host of Chaos Knights and Titans, their heads twisted in avian beaks. Once the legion of Iron and endurance, the hope of restoring Medusa to its former glory through technological innovations became its doom. Now, metal shifts form and becomes fluid, with their Sorcerers able to turn into liquid metal and enter the most secure of bases without anyone noticing…

With a cavalcade of bikes and unholy chants, the Fifth screamed its way in. Ever the most savage of the legions, they now fight for the Chaos Gods with the fury of the converts, after Jaghatai Khan made his legion embrace the Way of the Kyakhta, a long lost tribe of Chogoris who was exterminated by the ancestors of the Empty Quarter tribes…for good reason. Their bikes are adorned with scrolls bearing dark hymns who impart themselves upon those who hear the sound of their engines...

Alone from all the others, the Fifteenth. The best Librarians of all, now foul Sorcerers devoted to the daemonic entities, determined to take Mankind to what they believe is the next step of evolution, union with the Warp, Mankind’s unavoidable fate, no matter the cost to those living now…

His once sworn enemy, Leman Russ of the Sixth, came on beside them, for the Fifteenth were the only ones to know how to shield themselves from what the Sixth had become. Werewolves spewing plague-infested fleas and warriors living with maggots and mosquitoes flying alongside them, their bolters rusted and corroded yet firing infective bullets, never stopping once. The Executioner had come for Terra…

The Iron Lord of Tyrinthus, Perturabo, was absent from the battle. Rumors say he is dead, others claim he has become something worse than ever imaginable. His legion fell with him, and woe betide those who are brought to the inexplicable fortresses of the Fourth. The screams I heard on Ultra Pentium haunt me still to this day…and the moans of pleasure coming out of them were even worse.

Rogal Dorn as well joined the rebellion. Why is that I do not know, for the Seventh Primarch’s motives were always mysterious. Some say he is mind-controlled by the Arch-Traitor, others that he is planning to wrest the throne after the Emperor is overthrown, stabbing the other Traitors in the back after letting them bleed themselves out on the walls of the Palace.

But as they say, the best weapon is the one hidden behind the enemy. Two years ago, my old squad was skinned alive by them. The monsters. The Lords of the night. Creatures that were made to destroy the worst sort of recidivists and now turned against us, for they do not know the difference between friend or foe…only that between predator and prey.

They let me live only so that I could spread the tale of their deeds.

Of their dark Primarch none know the fate …but whispers say of a creature of shadow and smoke, whose mere sight drives people mad, whose eyes see the future and predict doom…

Then , trumpets sounded. The walls of the Palace quieted, and a herald of the Traitors came to the walls. It was a Knight fitted with a Dark Mechanicum sound-amplifier. He then spoke.

“Defenders of Terra. You know who I represent. I am here to ask you one last time.
For eight years you fought against us to keep a liar, a false Emperor on the throne. An Emperor who thrives on blood and sacrifice of those who serve him. And look where that got you. You are besieged, here on your capital, while our own is greater than it ever was.
But my lord is wise, and refuses to see needless slaughter.
I am Dunkan Tan Wyvorn, First of His Name, High King of Adrastapol, Lord of the Six True Houses. And I ask you to kneel before the Second Emperor of Mankind, Chosen of the Pantheon of the Gods, Son of Callax, Bane of the Eldar…
…The great Fulgrim!”
At his cue, the sky split as a Chemos-class battleship, marked with the double-headed Aquila, corrupted by the Eight-Pointed Star of Chaos, descended to hover over the battlefield.
“What is your answer?”

Dice roll: 3+2+3+4=12

Dark Angels: Loyal
Emperor’s Children: Arch-Traitors
Iron Warriors: Traitors (Slaanesh)
White Scars: Traitors (Chaos Undivided)
Space Wolves: Traitors (Nurgle)
Imperial Fists: Traitors (Chaos Undivided)
Night Lords : Traitors (Chaos Undivided)
Blood Angels: Traitors (Khorne)
Iron Hands : Traitors (Tzeentch)
World Eaters: Loyal
Ultramarines: Loyal
Death Guard : Loyal
Thousand Sons: Traitors ( Chaos Undivided)
Luna Wolves: Loyal
Word Bearers : Loyal
Salamanders : Loyal
Raven Guard: Loyal
Alpha Legion: Loyal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.