Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Choices Choices... 140 points on Heavy Support, opinions please

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Pzycho Leech 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Been playing round with my list alately and ive freed up 140 points to fit in my 1500 list and im wanting to add more anti-armour.

My options as i see them are the Vidicator, Lascannon galore Predator or 2 Oblitorators, Havocs im not convinced about model wise and after proxying a Helbrute a few times, the AV12 has been took out too many times too 'easily' for my liking.

I run two Forgefiends as my dedicated heavies but feel they need some support.

Any ideas are always welcome,

Cheers

#3 ·
If those Forgefiends have HACs, I'd probably take a Vindicator with Daemonic Possession and a combi-bolter.

Squire's choice is also convincing, if one or more of those FFs are taking ectoplasma cannons.

#4 ·
110 could get you 2 rapier support weapons batteries. Good TL 36" S9 Ap1 ordnance weapons with T7 and 2 wounds.
A Sicaran is a bagain at just less than the pts you have spare. A twin linked heavy 6 rending autocannon that ignore jinks. + a heavy bolter isnt bad, 13 12 12 armour and HP3. Though it would be a bit more for heavy bolter or lascannon sponsors, or malefic ammo.

#5 ·
My heart is saying take the Vindicator as i love the look of the model, but my head is saying take the Predator... those 3 Lascannons will bring the pain.

I run 1 HAC and 1 EPC on my Forgefiends and they do well, with added back up im eager to see it all in action.

#8 ·
My options as i see them are the Vidicator, Lascannon galore Predator or 2 Oblitorators, Havocs im not convinced about model wise and after proxying a Helbrute a few times, the AV12 has been took out too many times too 'easily' for my liking.s
I recomend the Vidicator. Should pair well with the forgefiend.

But, the Havocs do have a use (But you do need to convert them up for the Lascannons you will want)

#9 ·
Hey there,

Here is my experience with vindicators, they come best in pairs!
Your opponent is very likely to look at the board ask you "Is that a S10 AP2 pie plate you have there?", you will have to say "Sure thing". And then... Ohh boy... The amount of hurt that will befall your poor war machine. No amount of siege shields or Daemonic possession will safe it.
If you are looking to divert attention away from your Forgefiends, sure, that's one way to use it.

If you are looking for a deceptively low key firepower house, then the Havocs with autocannons will wreck some serious face as soon as something moves out of cover. Just ask a necron player, they hate autocannons with BS4.

By the by, Oblits are always an option! Try to proxy them for a match or two. They draw a lot of fire, they shoot back like nobody's business.

#10 ·
totally agree

#12 ·
wow i didn't noticed the date...anyhow sound advice :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.